Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Brown
I'm pretty sure this was brought up in last year's FA, but the Bengals would be wise to pursue Zach Brown (ILB Washington) in FA to upgrade the LBs.
Brown is 1 inch taller and 5 lbs heavier than Minter, has not missed a game in his career, and has put up better numbers than Minter. Brown has also had seven INTs the past four seasons before this year whereas Minter has had none, helping prove Brown's ability in coverage and being a 3-down LB.
Not to mention the Bengals ended up signing Minter for $4.25 mill when Brown went to Washington for $2.3 mill!
Brown just turned 28 in October, so he's in the prime of his career. Should be able to get a solid 3-4 years out of him.
While I like what Evans has shown, I don't think he's ready for that yet, Vigil has not looked good, and VRey enters a contract year next year.

Please Bengals FO, offer Zach Brown at least $4 mill a year to be the permanent LB to pair with Burfict.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can get behind this one.
Zach sometimes takes plays off, but that's about the only issue I really have with him.

And I wanted him last year and I would like to pair him up with Nigel Bradham and Bufict. Three good young guys would take care of our LB crew for a while (other than Burfict suspensions/concussions).
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a good idea to me.  No way they can fix all that ails this team with the draft and dumpster dives in FA.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
My hunch is Washington now has cap space to re sign brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Sounds good... Minter was only a 1 year deal right (smart one F.O.) Get Brown in here.. Draft a LBer and we are looking a lot better at that position.
Reply/Quote