Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Brown cut by the Eagles
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/14/eagles-cut-zach-brown/

I know some pushed for Brown here. Hard to say if it's worth it at this point. It's really too late to salvage the season and I don't see him wanting to sign a multiyear deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Better than what we have but then again what does that really say.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Brown graded out at 55.3 on PFF. Bad, but not as bad as our guys.
Reply/Quote
The guy has a big mouth and he's not very good and yet we are so talent poor that he'd be an instant upgrade. Bring him in! He can start busting wise on Gardner Menshew the 13th!
Reply/Quote
Yup saw this and thought the same thing. He'd be an improvement and is in his prime. He never had a huge salary and would at least be a decent rotational player as we improve through the draft.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/zach-brown-9862/cash-earnings/

Reply/Quote
It's insane to me how much of an upgrade he'd for us. Shows how piss poor our LBs are.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
We are wasting our time thinking Mikey would bring talent to the bungles. We can hope and dream, but he will refuse to take an upgrade at any position
Reply/Quote
How many times have the Bengals had a player like this only to keep him around for years and years.

This is what a good franchise does, cuts player(s) who don't gel, fit the mold, cause disruptions. It still pisses me off we let head cases like PacMan, Odell, Vontaze and more stick around for years and allow them to be a thorn in the side of the team/locker room.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Why would we try to improve this team at this point? Personally, I am hoping if we don't trade AJ that he goes on season ending IR.

People need to realize it is in our best interest to lose. We are eliminated from post season for all intents and purpose at this point. We don't want to improve the team now and we don't want to win games. The "die hard" fans will come in and say "you always want to win", but it comes down to the whole idea of losing the battle but winning the war. Any wins now are short term happiness preventing long term success which puts us right back here where we have been for the last five years.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 09:20 AM)Au165 Wrote: Why would we try to improve this team at this point? Personally, I am hoping if we don't trade AJ that he goes on season ending IR.

People need to realize it is in our best interest to lose. We are eliminated from post season for all intents and purpose at this point. We don't want to improve the team now and we don't want to win games. The "die hard" fans will come in and say "you always want to win", but it comes down to the whole idea of losing the battle but winning the war. Any wins now are short term happiness preventing long term success which puts us right back here where we have been for the last five years.

Honestly, IF losing leads to a franchise QB or franchise Tackle...then yes that may be worth it.

We're in good shape though. We're trying to win and losing. No one can accuse the team of tanking on purpose.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 09:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, IF losing leads to a franchise QB or franchise Tackle...then yes that may be worth it.

We're in good shape though. We're trying to win and losing. No one can accuse the team of tanking on purpose.

Of course, we're back to being the bumbling, mismanaged Bengals of yore..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wanted Zach over Preston, which so far would have proven to be a good decision. With that said, Zach, like Preston, isn't the player he once was. I do find it interesting that both were teammates in BUF in 2016. It should be noted that Zach Brown is much faster than Preston. While he's not quite as fast as he was when he was drafted, Zach ran a 4.50 at the Combine at 244 lbs in 2012.

I'd still look to bring him on but I'd have lower expectations than what I had in the offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
His new record sucks...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 08:30 AM)corpjet Wrote: How many times have the Bengals had a player like this only to keep him around for years and years.

This is what a good franchise does, cuts player(s) who don't gel, fit the mold, cause disruptions.  It still pisses me off we let head cases like PacMan, Odell, Vontaze and more stick around for years and allow them to be a thorn in the side of the team/locker room.

Odell didn't stick around for years. He literally played one year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 11:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Odell didn't stick around for years. He literally played one year.

Yup, played an outstanding year, then suspended the next two. 

Talent wise he could have been one of the best, if not the best, linebacker in Bengal history. But his off the field behavior after his first suspension of substance abuse ended his career. Insane talent but not enough self control.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course, we're back to being the bumbling, mismanaged Bengals of yore..

Interestingly, I think we have waiver wire priority now. That would have been nice to have in the offseason when a bunch of decent guys shake loose.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 11:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Odell didn't stick around for years. He literally played one year.

Odelle, David Pollack, and Chris Henry...what a seemingly cursed draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interestingly, I think we have waiver wire priority now. That would have been nice to have in the offseason when a bunch of decent guys shake loose.

That is one bit of upside to a losing team.  However, we also don't have a visionary DC like Mike Zimmer, to be able to pick the right cast offs and have them fit in perfectly with what he's trying to accomplish.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interestingly, I think we have waiver wire priority now. That would have been nice to have in the offseason when a bunch of decent guys shake loose.

Dolphins, I believe, still have first shot.  But, of course with Brown it is a moot point since he is a free agent 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is one bit of upside to a losing team.  However, we also don't have a visionary DC like Mike Zimmer, to be able to pick the right cast offs and have them fit in perfectly with what he's trying to accomplish.

That Guard we got from the Steelers supposedly has some upside. A Steelers writer kind of lamented losing him.
Reply/Quote