Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Ertz
Really only weakness on offense. Eagles are trying to move him
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 12:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Really only weakness on offense. Eagles are trying to move him
I would like to see the Bengals speak with him if he gets released. I wouldn't give up any draft picks for him and take on his current salary.
Reply/Quote
I have been saying for months to trade for Ertz, we have the money and it would give a great TE group.

Ertz
Uzomah
Sample

Ertz is a complete 3 down TE, our others are not.

Do it already.

As a plus his wife is US Women's soccer star Julie (Johnson) Ertz who would be great to have in Cincinnati as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t trade for him either. I don’t want that contract. I would rather save that for a lb or ol that becomes available.

Besides, i think he looks like he’s on his last legs. Maybe it was wentz’ issues holding him back but he looked slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 10:03 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Besides, i think he looks like he’s on his last legs.  Maybe it was wentz’ issues holding him back but he looked slow

He was hurt last year.  He had a high ankle sprain early in the year.  And yeah, Wentz, and really the state of the entire team was holding everyone back.  At one point I think they had 4 or 5 starting OL hurt.  And even more importantly, they were missing almost all of their receiving threats (Alshon Jeffrey, Desean Jackson, Dallas Goedert, Jalen Raegor all missed a ton of time)

He's only 30, and take a look at his numbers from 2019 when he was healthy...

88 receptions, 916 yards, and 6 TD's.

Here's where those ranked in his 8 year career...

Receptions - 2nd most
Yards - 2nd most
TD's - 3rd most

Here's where those among TE's in 2019...

Receptions - 3rd
Yards - 4th
TD's - 4th

Maybe he just fell off a cliff last year, but I think it's more easily explainable by what I stated above (his injury, Wentz, other weapons being out, other injuries)

At 8 million bucks, with no guaranteed money and no commitment beyond 2021, and the fact our Tight Ends are one of our weakest position groups, I don't see why he wouldn't be worth a gamble.

PS As of right now the Bengals have 24 million dollars in cap space.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:58 PM)bwh Wrote: I wouldn't give up any draft picks for him and take on his current salary.

He's due 8 million dollars and would carry no guaranteed money.  Just to put that into perspective, he's in the same tier of pay as Kyle Rudolph and Jimmy Graham.

If he were to be cut there's a very good chance he's at or even above the same salary on the free agent market.

Also of note: The Bengals currently have 24 million dollars in cap space.  That's before any veteran cuts (Ex: XSF = 2.5 mil in savings)
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 11:25 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's due 8 million dollars and would carry no guaranteed money.  Just to put that into perspective, he's in the same tier of pay as Kyle Rudolph and Jimmy Graham.

If he were to be cut there's a very good chance he's at or even above the same salary on the free agent market.

Also of note: The Bengals currently have 24 million dollars in cap space.  That's before any veteran cuts (Ex: XSF = 2.5 mil in savings)

Very nice perspective on the last two posts Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 11:19 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He was hurt last year.  He had a high ankle sprain early in the year.  And yeah, Wentz, and really the state of the entire team was holding everyone back.  At one point I think they had 4 or 5 starting OL hurt.  And even more importantly, they were missing almost all of their receiving threats (Alshon Jeffrey, Desean Jackson, Dallas Goedert, Jalen Raegor all missed a ton of time)

He's only 30, and take a look at his numbers from 2019 when he was healthy...

88 receptions, 916 yards, and 6 TD's.

Here's where those ranked in his 8 year career...

Receptions - 2nd most
Yards - 2nd most
TD's - 3rd most

Here's where those among TE's in 2019...

Receptions - 3rd
Yards - 4th
TD's - 4th

Maybe he just fell off a cliff last year, but I think it's more easily explainable by what I stated above (his injury, Wentz, other weapons being out, other injuries)

At 8 million bucks, with no guaranteed money and no commitment beyond 2021, and the fact our Tight Ends are one of our weakest position groups, I don't see why he wouldn't be worth a gamble.

PS As of right now the Bengals have 24 million dollars in cap space.

Ertz is a very Good TE and is not old by any stretch. Also as you stated, we have the money to sign Ertz and other FA's still as well and that is not counting cuts. I can't recall the last time we had a true 3 down TE other than Gresham and Gresham was never the player Ertz has been.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 12:05 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Very nice perspective on the last two posts Rock On

I just noticed your avatar and finally put two and two together with your screen name.

There's a guitar thread floating around somewhere in Klotsch or Entertainment forum on here if you ever care to bs about guitars.  There's a few of us on on here play.

PS I know that company is based somewhere in Ohio.  By any chance, you're not actually the Dr. Z are you?
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 12:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Really only weakness on offense. Eagles are trying to move him

I know what u mean but it’s not the only weakness. Offensive line is still a major weakness/question mark.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 12:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I just noticed your avatar and finally put two and two together with your screen name.

There's a guitar thread floating around somewhere in Klotsch or Entertainment forum on here if you ever care to bs about guitars.  There's a few of us on on here play.

PS I know that company is based somewhere in Ohio.  By any chance, you're not actually the Dr. Z are you?

Thanks for the heads-up @ the thread my friend.  Yes, the company is based in Cleveland.  Although I would like to take credit for his amazing amps, I am not the "good doctor."  I do know him a bit, and he (Mike) is a cool dude.   
Reply/Quote
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-eagles-trade-te-zach-ertz-to-cardinals-151709029.html

Headed to the desert
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/report-eagles-trade-te-zach-ertz-to-cardinals-151709029.html

Headed to the desert

and then there was this...
Funny how its so obvoius that D Sample is a waste of roster space and getting a quality everydown TE does not seem to be a priority for ZT and co? I just dont get it. ....and its not just with Ertz...there have been others out there they could have made a bid for. 
If I have to watch "Mr 2 left feet" D Sample try and catch and run again Im going to lose it.    

Ertz is on a Superbowl Caliber team now with AZ. Murray will immediately be dishing out some great plays to him.   
Reply/Quote