Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Ertz
(09-13-2020, 04:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really like Ertz, especially his wife. Ninja

But yeah, I save the pick and see what we have with Sample, still think this guy can be good and we have a very deep WR
core to help out Burrow along with Uzo who has looked good in Camp. Agree with Sunset, keep the pick, invest in the OL.

Offer up a 3rd rounder...and a 5th maybe
Our 3rd rounder.... next yr our 3rd will likely be at top of Rd 3..more like a low 2 .
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 06:13 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Offer up a 3rd rounder...and a 5th maybe
Our 3rd rounder.... next yr our 3rd will likely be at top of Rd 3..more like a low 2 .

Could happen after we play the Eagles and Uzo going down....
Reply/Quote
My only concern with grabbing him and paying $$$ money is this.... we haven't shown Taylor use the TE much.

Maybe that changes with a big talent.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 06:13 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Offer up a 3rd rounder...and a 5th maybe

That's just crazy thinking.  Even when they all get healthy and on the same page, this team will need those draft picks to continue to rebuild.  What good would spending two perfectly good draft picks for a guy that will cost $8.25M next year, and then likely command a top 3 salary at the position the next year?

Even if they did trade a pick for a player, it would make more sense to go after an up and comer, still on his rookie deal with time left on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's just crazy thinking.  Even when they all get healthy and on the same page, this team will need those draft picks to continue to rebuild.  What good would spending two perfectly good draft picks for a guy that will cost $8.25M next year, and then likely command a top 3 salary at the position the next year?

Even if they did trade a pick for a player, it would make more sense to go after an up and comer, still on his rookie deal with time left on it.

That means it needs to be with a team like the Vikings, who have cap trouble and know they won't be able to retain the young player so are willing to take a pick so they are not left empty handed.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's just crazy thinking.  Even when they all get healthy and on the same page, this team will need those draft picks to continue to rebuild.  What good would spending two perfectly good draft picks for a guy that will cost $8.25M next year, and then likely command a top 3 salary at the position the next year?

Great point. If we trade for an up and comer, Hochenson would be the guy I would go after. Just doubt the Lions would be 
willing to deal him for anything.

(09-23-2020, 08:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That means it needs to be with a team like the Vikings, who have cap trouble and know they won't be able to retain the young player so are willing to take a pick so they are not left empty handed.

Who do the Vikes have at TE or at DT?

Also, what kind of cap trouble are the Lions in?
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are looking to trade for a TE Cameron Brate would be the target. Brate is barely being used this season by the Bucs sitting behind Gronk and Howard. He is only 29 and a receiving TE which is exactly what the Bengals need. Brate is also on a very very team friendly long term deal which would allow the Bengals to decided between Brate or Uzomah this off season with very little dead cap.

5th round pick for Cameron Brate.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 06:13 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals are looking to trade for a TE Cameron Brate would be the target. Brate is barely being used this season by the Bucs sitting behind Gronk and Howard. He is only 29 and a receiving TE which is exactly what the Bengals need. Brate is also on a very very team friendly long term deal which would allow the Bengals to decided between Brate or Uzomah this off season with very little dead cap.

5th round pick for Cameron Brate.

I really like this idea...
Reply/Quote