Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ on his early struggles

Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 I didn't want to admit it, but the CW says that the 1st 4 games would be pre-season like.

BALLS...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think AJ will improve, just a little worried the way he reached back at his hamstrings after a few plays in Cleveland. Fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
Could be.

Could also be that he doesn't have it anymore and he's making excuses. We shall see.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 02:57 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I think AJ will improve, just a little worried the way he reached back at his hamstrings after a few plays in Cleveland. Fingers crossed.

Yes, this is my concern. Loved the effort he gave on the opening play, but that was going to be out of bounds no matter what.

Even though I still love the effort, unlike Ross at times who I am officially starting to get tired of. Mike Thomas is playing good
along with Boyd, we could still have one of the best WR cores in the League. Heard Auden is coming back this next game along 
with Shawn on Defense, we just need a DT if Geno and Daniels cannot go, like yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, this is my concern. Loved the effort he gave on the opening play, but that was going to be out of bounds no matter what.

Even though I still love the effort, unlike Ross at times who I am officially starting to get tired of. Mike Thomas is playing good
along with Boyd, we could still have one of the best WR cores in the League. Heard Auden is coming back this next game along 
with Shawn on Defense, we just need a DT if Geno and Daniels cannot go, like yesterday.

It's a shame about Ross, but he's had chance after chance to prove himself and I thought he turned the corner last year in the opener at Seattle but I guess not. Thomas does look good and I hear the coaches are going to get Higgins more involved starting in Philly. We need to get Geno back on the Dline sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
I don't think he's here next year unless he pulls a Larry Fitzgerald and takes one for the team to finish his career in Cincy.

That being said, I don't think this team needs a dominant number one with the way Burrow distributes the ball. Draft a WR every year in rounds 2-3 and we'll always have enough targets for him.
Reply/Quote
I still believe that AJ is going to be just fine. I think in Philadelphia we will see his breakout game. As far as John Ross goes he needs to be gone.ENTER,,,,Auden Tate. I still really like our receiving corps, And Joe Burrow is going to get it done.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 04:47 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: It's a shame about Ross, but he's had chance after chance to prove himself and I thought he turned the corner last year in the opener at Seattle but I guess not. Thomas does look good and I hear the coaches are going to get Higgins more involved starting in Philly. We need to get Geno back on the Dline sooner rather than later.

Yeah, don't think Ross will be around next year anyways, maybe not even AJ so we need to start getting Higgy baby involved.

Geno back would help this team so much it isn't funny. At least they say day to day, better than "bone bruise". Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 04:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't think he's here next year unless he pulls a Larry Fitzgerald and takes one for the team to finish his career in Cincy.

That being said, I don't think this team needs a dominant number one with the way Burrow distributes the ball.  Draft a WR every year in rounds 2-3 and we'll always have enough targets for him.

Well said, agree with you. The way Burrow distributes the ball you just need Receivers that know how to get open and are on the
same page with Burrow. We don't need the Superman WR like AJ used to be. Especially if the O-line gets better and actually opens
up holes in the running game and gives Burrow time.

Right now Boyd is our best Receiver for the very reason he stays healthy, knows how to get open and has great hands...

Not to mention Boyd is clutch and is on the same page with Burrow. AJ is rusty and even says it here.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 04:47 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: It's a shame about Ross, but he's had chance after chance to prove himself and I thought he turned the corner last year in the opener at Seattle but I guess not. Thomas does look good and I hear the coaches are going to get Higgins more involved starting in Philly. We need to get Geno back on the Dline sooner rather than later.

It sure seems that was the peak of his career. 

As to AJ I sure hope he can turn it around, I'm just a little skeptical he can.
Reply/Quote