Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Taylor is 1000% a bullshitter
......anyone that can always see positives after getting beaten 16 out of 18 times with one tie....when it's the same things over and over and over and over and over again is a bullshitter. For once Zach please raise some hell and let your guys know you're tired of the bullshit. Straighten it out of take your ass home.
Reply/Quote
It’s your team, find a way to ***** fix it!
Reply/Quote
Zac needs to rip that o lines ass.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:16 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: ......anyone that can always see positives after getting beaten 16 out of 18 times with one tie....when it's the same things over and over and over and over and over again is a bullshitter.  For once Zach please raise some hell and let your guys know you're tired of the bullshit.  Straighten it out of take your ass home.

Taylor doesn't see anything wrong because he's equally as bad. He's still a 2 win coach.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He is coaching and doing interviews like he was told he has 5 years to get it right. He is going to get Burrow injured if he does not fix that lame ass O-line. Burrow is tough as nails but all those hits will add up to an injury. Pretty sad when you think about bringing PA back to fix the O-line.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:44 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Zac needs to rip that o lines ass.

ZT screaming at his o line is like a bumbling cartoon villain screaming at his braindead henchmen. 

You worthless idiots, you let the Eagles just waltz right by you!  You're supposed to stop them!
Reply/Quote
I could believe 100%. But, 1000%? I think you’re bullshitting me.
Reply/Quote
I've seen enough on the field to know Zac Taylor isn't the right head coach to lead the Cincinnati Bengals to the Super Bowl. Normally I don't like comparisons but I can't help thinking about Marvin Lewis in 2003 because there was such a huge immediate difference in how the Bengals played. It was visible and measurable.

It's like making a swing change in golf; if the trajectory of the golf ball doesn't immediately improve then abandon the swing change. Marvin immediately improved the Bengals and Zac has not. I'm personally fearful for Joe Burrow's health. Yes, he's a tough kid but accumulating multiple hits per game will take its toll -- and what I really fear is a cheap shot. Do you think Bud Dupree will hold back if given a free path into the Cincinnati backfield? Ask Matt Moore about Bud Dupree.

Zac Taylor is a smart dude and I find him very personable. In my opinion he belongs in the broadcast booth as a commentator and needs to stay out of the locker room and away from the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
I am getting the feeling of the second coming of Dave Shula.....
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I've seen enough on the field to know Zac Taylor isn't the right head coach to lead the Cincinnati Bengals to the Super Bowl.  Normally I don't like comparisons but I can't help thinking about Marvin Lewis in 2003 because there was such a huge immediate difference in how the Bengals played.  It was visible and measurable.  

It's like making a swing change in golf; if the trajectory of the golf ball doesn't immediately improve then abandon the swing change.  Marvin immediately improved the Bengals and Zac has not.  I'm personally fearful for Joe Burrow's health.  Yes, he's a tough kid but accumulating multiple hits per game will take its toll -- and what I really fear is a cheap shot.  Do you think Bud Dupree will hold back if given a free path into the Cincinnati backfield?  Ask Matt Moore about Bud Dupree.  

Zac Taylor is a smart dude and I find him very personable.  In my opinion he belongs in the broadcast booth as a commentator and needs to stay out of the locker room and away from the sidelines.  

I've tried hard to give ZT the benefit of the doubt. But I must confess my patience is wearing very thin.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:12 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've tried hard to give ZT the benefit of the doubt. But I must confess my patience is wearing very thin.

Yep. Gave him a past last year, but we can't waste/ruin our franchise QB because of ineptitude in the coaching staff. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I could believe 100%. But, 1000%?  I think you’re bullshitting me.

You can't bullshit a bullshitter when you bullshit about a bullshitter's bullshitting.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You can't bullshit a bullshitter when you bullshit about a bullshitter's bullshitting.

That's bullshit!

Reply/Quote
Shula was 8-24 after his first two seasons. Taylor is thus far 2-16-1. Zac needs 7 wins this season to not start off as badly as Shula. I watched the entire Shula era and totally forgot it dragged on from '92 to '96.
Reply/Quote
I’m still optimistic about this team. This offensive line needs time to build chemistry and gain experience. I haven’t given up on Zac Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I've seen enough on the field to know Zac Taylor isn't the right head coach to lead the Cincinnati Bengals to the Super Bowl.  Normally I don't like comparisons but I can't help thinking about Marvin Lewis in 2003 because there was such a huge immediate difference in how the Bengals played.  It was visible and measurable.  

It's like making a swing change in golf; if the trajectory of the golf ball doesn't immediately improve then abandon the swing change.  Marvin immediately improved the Bengals and Zac has not.  I'm personally fearful for Joe Burrow's health.  Yes, he's a tough kid but accumulating multiple hits per game will take its toll -- and what I really fear is a cheap shot.  Do you think Bud Dupree will hold back if given a free path into the Cincinnati backfield?  Ask Matt Moore about Bud Dupree.  

Zac Taylor is a smart dude and I find him very personable.  In my opinion he belongs in the broadcast booth as a commentator and needs to stay out of the locker room and away from the sidelines.  

I've come to this conclusion as well.  And the primary reason why is that he's failing at the things we were told he would excel at.  Taylor is not some kind of quarterback whisperer.  Burrow is excelling in spite of Taylor's play calling, not because of it.  The play calls in overtime were particularly disgusting.  Your quarterback has an almost god level ability to torch teams on quick slants and outs and your offensive line couldn't block a plastic bag floating in the wind.  So we see long developing play after long developing play?  And don't even get me started on the lack of discipline that has killed offensive drives and caused the defense to crumble in critical situations.  No matter the question, Taylor is not the answer.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:22 AM)MickMack Wrote: I've come to this conclusion as well.  And the primary reason why is that he's failing at the things we were told he would excel at.  Taylor is not some kind of quarterback whisperer.  Burrow is excelling in spite of Taylor's play calling, not because of it.  The play calls in overtime were particularly disgusting.  Your quarterback has an almost god level ability to torch teams on quick slants and outs and your offensive line couldn't block a plastic bag floating in the wind.  So we see long developing play after long developing play?  And don't even get me started on the lack of discipline that has killed offensive drives and caused the defense to crumble in critical situations.  No matter the question, Taylor is not the answer.

Here's a tough but needed question for you -- and for all on this board:  Did Jared Goff get better or worse when Zac Taylor left Los Angeles?
Reply/Quote
I miss Marvin.

ZT needs to go. Guy is a clown show.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:26 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here's a tough but needed question for you -- and for all on this board:  Did Jared Goff get better or worse when Zac Taylor left Los Angeles?

Based on last year's numbers?  Worse.  Based on this year's numbers (so far) he's almost exactly where he was in '17 and '18.  But I don't think it's particularly relevant to the analysis.   That's a classic correlation doesn't mean causation situation.  Taylor didn't call plays in LA.  He's calling plays here, in Cincinnati.  And (so far), I feel comfortable saying that Burrow's success is in spite of that play calling, not because of it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:54 AM)Burreaux Wrote: I’m still optimistic about this team. This offensive line needs time to build chemistry and gain experience. I haven’t given up on Zac Taylor.

Hard for the OL to build chemistry when you have so many starters with low ceilings and/or low floors.
The only decent-or-better pass blockers right now are Jonah Williams and Trey Hopkins.
Jordan, Hart, Johnson, and Price have all been bad.

PFF grades after 3 weeks (in order from best pass blocking to worst):
Hopkins - 62.4 (76.7 pass, 56.6 run)
Williams - 66.8 (71.0 pass, 53.0 run)
Hart - 65.5 (57.0 pass, 75.3 run)
Jordan - 54.3 (45.3 pass, 57.5 run)
Johnson - 48.8 (44.4 pass, 55.2 run)
Price - 38.8 (21.4 pass, 57.4 run)

Run blocking clearly is also not good enough, as only 1 OL (Hart) has a 60+ run block rating.

These players may end up somewhat improving by the end of the year, but it's going to still result in another underwhelming season because they have so many bad players early on in the season.

The Bengals failed to bring in enough quality replacements and are paying a price for the faith they had in this group.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote