Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Colts & PS
The Bengals are most likely going to keep Wright over Kumerow. Mainly because Wright adds ST play, but Kumerow is the better overall receiver. The Bengals need ST play more than a backup WR, so think that's why they make that decision.

Carson is going to the PS if he doesn't make the team. He's shown many reasons that he deserves to be here.

McCrae showed some potential, even in STs. Could be someone to keep in their pocket if there's an injury.

David Dean and Ryan Brown both showed more this preseason than Hunt. They deserve to be on the PS.

And then Simonise because he has a ton of potential but is obviously learning NFL speed and such. Think he's someone to watch for next year in camp and preseason.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 01:13 AM)Shady Wrote: So who do you think shined enough tonight to make 53?
Who earned their way onto the PS?

As far as the 53 goes, I think Trevor Roach made a case to stick around at least until Burfict returns.
I also thought Tra Carson made a case to make the 53, though you could argue the same for Bronson Hill. I just think Carson looks to be a stronger runner and better receiver.

I feel bad for Kumerow, playing as well as he did tonight. I know he won't make the 53, but I think he should make the PS. Alonzo Russell, too. Simonize is going to be cut. Can't see him making the PS.

I thought the job that Tony McRae did in coverage and in the return game earned him a spot on the PS. Hillary might make it, too.

Lengel has looked good enough to make the PS.

Going into tonight, I thought David Dean and Ryan Brown were both good talent for the PS. I even thought Brown stood a chance of beating out Hunt for a spot on the 53. But Hunt probably did well enough to save his job. It's debatable. I think it's time we move on, but I'm not sure Brown is all the way there yet in terms of being a legit guy for our rotation behind Carlos. I hope we can pick someone up.

What do think? Who stays? Who goes? Who goes on the PS?

I echo your sentiments. Fej made the team last night IMHO. Dude is a hitter and should be a great ST'er.

At this point i would rather keep Russell over Simonize cause Simonize is so raw but the talent is there with both of them.

Really like Ryan Brown but i agree that he didn't do enough to take Hunt's spot last night. PS for him and Dean.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 12:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Pretty much agree with this

Still digging Derron Smith's play and Carson ran well again plus played a lot of special teams. 

Wright still has not shown me much and would be a tough call between Kummerrow and Russell for me. 

Got to believe Roach really helped his chances at 53 man roster spot immensely. 

I think Smith is a diamond in the rough, just needs some play time.

I like Wright, just not sure if he'll offer much in terms of receiving, he'll be a good ST guy, but will that knee hold up to warrant a spot right now??

I was a fan of Roach last season and would love to see the Bengals keep 7 backers and drop Chykie Brown and carry 5 CB/4S.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 02:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The Bengals are most likely going to keep Wright over Kumerow. Mainly because Wright adds ST play, but Kumerow is the better overall receiver. The Bengals need ST play more than a backup WR, so think that's why they make that decision.

Carson is going to the PS if he doesn't make the team. He's shown many reasons that he deserves to be here.

McCrae showed some potential, even in STs. Could be someone to keep in their pocket if there's an injury.

David Dean and Ryan Brown both showed more this preseason than Hunt. They deserve to be on the PS.

And then Simonise because he has a ton of potential but is obviously learning NFL speed and such. Think he's someone to watch for next year in camp and preseason.
Im in the minority here but first off i HATE tate so maybe that is why this makes sense to me. J dont think of kumerow as a backup i think of him as a borderline3/4 wr especially in the redzone 
Reply/Quote