Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
I know emotions run high during Steelers week but we will never be any good with a losing culture.
It is not easy to change players who prefer the previous regime over the current regime.

Zak used the first year to analyze the personnel. The second year was used to make the first round of changes.
Geno, Ross, Dunlap, Jackson III and AJ will not be around next year. That saves at least over 50 mil in contracts.
They will use that money to sign key free agents like a OG, OT, DE's or CB's.

I see positive things happening for this team.

Next year we will have Reader, Waynes, Uzomah back from injuries.
I think Adenji and Spain played well at Tackles today.
We could have Jonah Williams to RT and have Adenji stay at LT with Spain RG, Jordan LG Hopkins C.
If we get a high draft pick I would select Micah Parsons to play M-LB.

If next year at the break we do not see a big improvement than a coaching change may be needed.
Reply/Quote
Nah I’ve seen enough. He made too big a leap from position coach to HC. Should have been a OC somewhere first.

We can’t waste Burrow’s rookie contract waiting on him to learn on the job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah I’ve seen enough. He made too big a leap from position coach to HC. Should have been a OC somewhere first.

This. We have a short window while Burrow is on a rookie contract and The Bengals can’t cry poor. Last year was Taylor’s practice year. The clock is ticking.
Reply/Quote
I like the drafts so far. Burrow is getting better and better trajectory-wise. He does the best he can with the play call. The defense is slowly getting better.

I don’t care how bad your team is talent-wise, good coaching will get you some wins. I just haven’t seen that other than the Titans game, but I attribute that game more to Burrow. This offense is basically all Joe Burrow. He’s lifting it.

I dont see top level coaching coming from Zach in terms of scheme, game plan, etc. I’ll give him two more chances (next two division games) to see if he can coach in this league.
Reply/Quote
The drafts have been good and i think talent wise we are getting better. I think we could do a lot better as far as a head coach that can out coach the opposition.
Reply/Quote
Change the culture??what has zac Taylor done that makes him creditable enough to change the so called culture??The guy he replaced won more games with a 2-14 team his first year than zac has won in 25 games..he won six games the year before Taylor with a far less talented roster;with all do respect zac Taylor isn't qualified to change the culture here..
Reply/Quote
ZT has already changed the culture of a losing franchise at worst and underachieving franchise at best to "non factor" in his 2 years here. What else does he need to put his stamp on?
Reply/Quote
Zac will.be 1 and 9'vs the North after this year.
In 2.years his average loss margain.to the Ravens
And Steelers will be at 20 pts.
He simply cannot out.coach.the coach Across the field.
He has this ego.that wont allow him.to.admit
The game is too big for him.
He does one thing well. He dials up.the right plays
On 4th down. Thats it.

He has shown no progress as a HC.
He hides behind JB extraordinary talents in that regard.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah I’ve seen enough. He made too big a leap from position coach to HC. Should have been a OC somewhere first.

I feel like he calls a pretty good game. I don't feel like I can predict what play is coming next like I could under Marvin's offense.
Reply/Quote
One more year is guaranteed. If he shits the bed next year but wins a couple at the very end of the year he will get another after that.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't have hired Zac Taylor in the first place.

Let's look at why Zac was hired and so let's think like Mike Brown.  Now the public reason Zac was hired was because he was part of the Sean McVay coaching tree and he spoke eloquently about "accountability" in the interview.  Now we all know these two things were mierde de toro.  Zac was hired because Mike Brown is cheap.  Now I know the Front Office is forced to spend up to a certain level below the salary cap but the salary cap does not apply to coaches.  Mike hired the sucker who would come to Cincinnati and be a head coach as a resume enhancer and work for peanuts. 

I saw through this awful hire in Week Two of 2019 when the 49ers mopped the floor with the Bengals in embarrassing fashion.  Zac should have been let go after the 2019 season.  His hire was a bust.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 08:42 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wouldn't have hired Zac Taylor in the first place.

Let's look at why Zac was hired and so let's think like Mike Brown.  Now the public reason Zac was hired was because he was part of the Sean McVay coaching tree and he spoke eloquently about "accountability" in the interview.  Now we all know these two things were mierde de toro.  Zac was hired because Mike Brown is cheap.  Now I know the Front Office is forced to spend up to a certain level below the salary cap but the salary cap does not apply to coaches.  Mike hired the sucker who would come to Cincinnati and be a head coach as a resume enhancer and work for peanuts. 

I saw through this awful hire in Week Two of 2019 when the 49ers mopped the floor with the Bengals in embarrassing fashion.  Zac should have been let go after the 2019 season.  His hire was a bust.

This is the same as get rid of Andy Dalton years ago. Up until Joe Burrow came up in the draft who were you going to replace Dalton with? I was all for getting Joe Burrow to replace Dalton and I will listen on who you are going to get to replace Taylor. I doubt if Belichek, Reid are available. Zak Taylor took over a sinking ship right before it hit the bottom of the ocean. Some of you want him to take over the helm and think it is as easy as saying we need to go up. We shedded some dead weight are trying to rebuild with FA and the Draft. Last years draft was pretty damn good. Lately we have been scoring 30 pts a game up until the Steelers game. I think that is a positive sign. We have had our 2 starting tackles out for 2 weeks and Turner our Off Line Coach everyone hates did a great job of piecing together a pretty decent line. I know we are tired of losing but give this staff a chance before we start all over again with a new philosophy. At least Taylor is not blaming injuries. He is a standup guy. Much better than Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:31 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: This. We have a short window while Burrow is on a rookie contract and The Bengals can’t cry poor. Last year was Taylor’s practice year. The clock is ticking.

This ^^^^ Joe
Reply/Quote
by the way, I just checked the lowly dolphins and they are currently 6-3. This really grinds my gears.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:42 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: by the way, I just checked the lowly dolphins and they are currently 6-3. This really grinds my gears.

Unlike other Patriot coaches Flores has really worked out for them.
I don't think I would want Matt Patricia, Mike Vrable or Nagy from the Bears.[url=https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Matt+Patricia&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLSz9U3MCrLqTQxecRoyi3w8sc9YSmdSWtOXmNU4-IKzsgvd80rySypFJLgYoOy-KR4uJC08Sxi5fVNLClRCEgsKcpMzkwEAMrGwtJWAAAA][/url]

Those are all coaches every one thought at one time or another were great coaches. 

You can even throw in the 49ers coach. Some people on this board wanted Harbaugh form Michigan.

He cannot even win at his Alma Mater.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:51 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I feel like he calls a pretty good game. I don't feel like I can predict what play is coming next like I could under Marvin's offense.

Game calling is his worst attribute, he’s never been successful at it now or any of his previous stops.

Zac can kill a press conference but on the field he struggles.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah I’ve seen enough. He made too big a leap from position coach to HC. Should have been a OC somewhere first.

I'm trying to be realistic about this and think the Bengals will not move on from Taylor.  I could see them firing Anarumo, but at least he has an injury excuse on his side.  On offense, they had decent protection and couldn't do a damn thing.  

When the Bengals were at their best, they had great coordinators.   The HC doesn't matter as much in terms of the scheme.  I wish there could be some great improvements at the coordinator level on both sides of the ball.  I just don't know where it would come from.  A guy like Bienemy isn't going to come here to be an OC and leave Mahommes.  He wants to be a HC, and they will likely be in the Super Bowl again which means you can't talk to any of their coaches until very late in the season, leaving you scrambling for coordinators. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:42 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: by the way, I just checked the lowly dolphins and they are currently 6-3. This really grinds my gears.

They did their rebuild right. 

There would be no Dunlaps/Geno's/Greens/WJIII's (an asset we could have got something good for), on the roster bringing that "losing culture" to the new era. Wouldn't have been Dalton last year, 

I'm convinced everyone on this board can run the Bengals better, and that is pretty sad.

I will say the drafts have been good, but not enough when you build through the draft yet can't stockpile picks. 

Even with Burrow, we have no shot in this division and will likely never win division games (outside of the Browns if we are lucky). Burrow's career is done. It's pretty sad, but we at least know it early. Welcome to the pre Marvin dark era. It'll be decades before we get out of this one.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I do think Zach needs to go, but unless he wins only 1 game the rest of the way, I don't see the Bengals brass letting him go. They'll $hit-can Lou and maybe one other coach and that's probably about it. They value loyalty and continuity far to much for them to pull the cord after two years.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:37 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I like the drafts so far. Burrow is getting better and better trajectory-wise. He does the best he can with the play call. The defense is slowly getting better.

I don’t care how bad your team is talent-wise, good coaching will get you some wins. I just haven’t seen that other than the Titans game, but I attribute that game more to Burrow. This offense is basically all Joe Burrow. He’s lifting it.

I dont see top level coaching coming from Zach in terms of scheme, game plan, etc. I’ll give him two more chances (next two division games) to see if he can coach in this league.

Again, look at the division we play the AFCN. the successful teams have hard nose HC's and staff who reflect their personality. We have a guy that stopped trying to succeed with 8 freaking minutes left in the game. It was embarrassing not letting our rookie QB and offense not compete and dial up running plays to end the game. Tomlin and Harbaugh would have never done it. Be would have go 2 garbage TD's against the second string Steeler defense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote