Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-17-2020, 02:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Kliff Kingsbury would have gotten more wins out of this 
Team this year. 
He got 6 out of the Cards last year.
Zac isnt getting 6 wins this year. 

I like Kingsbury...but he had the OROY, an oline that ranked 8 spots above this one, and better WRs. The defenses were about the same. Cards D is top 10 this year. Although, now that Tee is coming into his own, we have two pretty nice WRs.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 02:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Kliff Kingsbury would have gotten more wins out of this 
Team this year. 

You have zero evidence of this being fact.

It is an opinion, and you are welcome to it, but with the offensive line that was here week one, and the lack of production from A.J, Geno and Dunlap guys eating up most of your cap, no coach is/was winning here.

Kingsbury also had more talent to work with in his first season. Let's see...off the top of my head the absolute pro's pro at WR in Larry Fitzgerald, (Boyd is good but no WR on this team is on the level of Fitz), add in Budda Baker and the Patrick ***** Peterson at the back of your defense with Terrell Suggs in at LB (yup he was older but that is like a coach on the field) and then another damn good LB in Chandler Jones. He had two dynamic RBs and then got his rookie QB who was like another RB.

Also, this hard on for Kingsbury... he won 5 games in his first year with all that talent. 5-10-1 a record we could easily get to in this first year of Burrow. The only win of the 5 that was actually against a good team was week 16 against Seattle. Prior to that they tied the Lions, beat the Falcons, Giants, Bengals and Browns and only the Browns game was by more then one score. 

So if the Bengals beat Washington, the Giants and then say beat Dallas or Houston year one of Burrow matches year one of Kyler and the super amazing greatest coach ever Kliff Kingsbury.....

Fun fact for you with this nonsense about Kingsbury, the talent this year is even better Hopkins there now. Yet, look at their record. 

6-3 with wins against who? S.F. (sucks), Washington (sucks), Jets (holy shit they suck), Dallas (sucks), and then an overtime win with Seattle (solid win) and a hail may last second fluke to beat Buffalo. So two good wins and one was a fluke.

Meanwhile, he has lost to Carolina, Detroit and Miami.... this amazing coach lost to Detroit??? and Carolina???

He has more talent, better ownership, and literally has done nothing with it. Stop it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 02:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You have zero evidence of this being fact.

It is an opinion, and you are welcome to it, but with the offensive line that was here week one, and the lack of production from A.J, Geno and Dunlap guys eating up most of your cap, no coach is/was winning here.

Kingsbury also had more talent to work with in his first season. Let's see...off the top of my head the absolute pro's pro at WR in Larry Fitzgerald, (Boyd is good but no WR on this team is on the level of Fitz), add in Budda Baker and the Patrick ***** Peterson at the back of your defense with Terrell Suggs in at LB (yup he was older but that is like a coach on the field) and then another damn good LB in Chandler Jones. He had two dynamic RBs and then got his rookie QB who was like another RB.

Also, this hard on for Kingsbury... he won 5 games in his first year with all that talent. 5-10-1 a record we could easily get to in this first year of Burrow. The only win of the 5 that was actually against a good team was week 16 against Seattle. Prior to that they tied the Lions, beat the Falcons, Giants, Bengals and Browns and only the Browns game was by more then one score. 

So if the Bengals beat Washington, the Giants and then say beat Dallas or Houston year one of Burrow matches year one of Kyler and the super amazing greatest coach ever Kliff Kingsbury.....

Fun fact for you with this nonsense about Kingsbury, the talent this year is even better Hopkins there now. Yet, look at their record. 

6-3 with wins against who? S.F. (sucks), Washington (sucks), Jets (holy shit they suck), Dallas (sucks), and then an overtime win with Seattle (solid win) and a hail may last second fluke to beat Buffalo. So two good wins and one was a fluke.

Meanwhile, he has lost to Carolina, Detroit and Miami.... this amazing coach lost to Detroit??? and Carolina???

He has more talent, better ownership, and literally has done nothing with it. Stop it.
Settle down lets not raise that stress level anymore than.we have done. Fill up.your Coffee Mug with ZTs face on it and 
Get comfy in.your Bengals ones-eee and let me explain
Something ....in 2019 his 1st year.......
Kliff Kingsbury last year had his team.more prepared vs 3 teams we are aware of.....the Browns Steelers Ravens 
The Cards lost to the Ravens by 6.
And hold on.to.your loopie sippie straw....he did something Zac 
Could never do....HE BEAT THE STEELERS LAST YEAR.YES HE DID.
AND AND HE BEAT ANOTHER DIVISION OPPONANT THE SEAHAWKS BY 14 LAST YEAR.
AND THE CARDS LOST TO.ONLY.3 TO THE 49ers 

AND THIS YEAR KINGSBURY HAS ALREADY BEAT 2 PLAYOFF
TEAMS I.E THE BILLS AND SEAHAWKS.
And they lost to.3 by the another coach light years better than ZT in Brian Flores.

So what have we learned vs playoff caliber teams Kingsbury
Can go.the distance with them. 
Kingsbury can.beat teams in.his own.division.

So refill.that Zac Taylor coffee mug put a smile.on that handsome face.....and tell me how many.wins Kingsbury has compared to Zac....Cause it's a bottom line business 
And THATS THE BOTTOM.LINE CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!
Reply/Quote
Team this year. 

Final 7 games are all winnable.

He will get 5 wins this year (because KK did NOT have 6 wins last year).

I think we'll end with 6.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 03:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Final 7 games are all winnable.

He will get 5 wins this year (because KK did NOT have 6 wins last year).

I think we'll end with 6.

I'm interested to see if Takk can make any impact on the pass rush. Lawson had 6 hurries Sunday, no sacks, but he was at least applying some pressure. Hubbard almost had a pick. We need some pressure up the gut. Lou is going to have to blitz and play man more if we're to have any chance of getting consistent pressure.

Side note, saw Judon doing EXACTLY what was asked of Dunlap in this defense, and he was doing it pretty well.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 02:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Marvin's teams never quit? Remember the Minnesota game a few years back? 

Zac Taylor has a record of 4-20-1 in 25 games nothing else matters but that..I don't  know why you guys defend this guy who's done nothing in this league until this point..

For what it's worth this is more than likely payback for me calling for marvin Lewis to be removed-didn't think it was possible to bring in somebody worst but I see we've managed to do just that..
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 04:30 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Zac Taylor has a record of 4-20-1 in 25 games nothing else matters but that..I don't  know why you guys defend this guy who's done nothing in this league until this point..

For what it's worth this is more than likely payback for me calling for marvin Lewis to be removed-didn't think it was possible to bring in somebody worst but I see we've managed to do just that..

Not necessarily defending the guy, as much as I'm realizing it takes more than a season to switch up schemes dramatically, coupled with a bad and aging roster. They are getting younger, and brought in some help, but some of those guys haven't played this season, other not much. As I noted earlier...if he can't have a winning record over these next few weeks where he should, then look to move on this year. If he does, and team is more competitive against Pitt and Balt in the 2nd games like with Cleveland, then you look at retaining him and tweaking the staff, especially DC. 

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 04:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm interested to see if Takk can make any impact on the pass rush. Lawson had 6 hurries Sunday, no sacks, but he was at least applying some pressure. Hubbard almost had a pick. We need some pressure up the gut. Lou is going to have to blitz and play man more if we're to have any chance of getting consistent pressure.

Side note, saw Judon doing EXACTLY what was asked of Dunlap in this defense, and he was doing it pretty well.

Welp, that ain't gonna happen...lol. Takk waived for failed physical.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 03:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Settle down lets not raise that stress level anymore than.we have done. Fill up.your Coffee Mug with ZTs face on it and 
Get comfy in.your Bengals ones-eee and let me explain
Something ....in 2019 his 1st year.......
Kliff Kingsbury last year had his team.more prepared vs 3 teams we are aware of.....the Browns Steelers Ravens 
The Cards lost to the Ravens by 6.
And hold on.to.your loopie sippie straw....he did something Zac 
Could never do....HE BEAT THE STEELERS LAST YEAR.YES HE DID.
AND AND HE BEAT ANOTHER DIVISION OPPONANT THE SEAHAWKS BY 14 LAST YEAR.
AND THE CARDS LOST TO.ONLY.3 TO THE 49ers 

AND THIS YEAR KINGSBURY HAS ALREADY BEAT 2 PLAYOFF
TEAMS I.E THE BILLS AND SEAHAWKS.
And they lost to.3 by the another coach light years better than ZT in Brian Flores.

So what have we learned vs playoff caliber teams Kingsbury
Can go.the distance with them. 
Kingsbury can.beat teams in.his own.division.

So refill.that Zac Taylor coffee mug put a smile.on that handsome face.....and tell me how many.wins Kingsbury has compared to Zac....Cause it's a bottom line business 
And THATS THE BOTTOM.LINE CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!

Okay kid...

First, nowhere, did I say I'm a fan of Zac, but good try. I simply state the truth Kliff is over-rated and would suck as bad as Zac with this roster and ownership.

Secondly, if you want to debate stop lying and use facts.

Kingsbury has not... once again, has NOT, beaten the steelers.

See here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Arizona_Cardinals_season

and here:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/2019.htm

And here:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ari/season/2019

That big L next to vs Pittsburgh means they lost the game. Just like you did.

I have no idea what else you said, I stopped reading the moment you went to fantasy land and believe the Cards beat pitt.

Nope.

Teams Kliff Kingsbury has beaten:

2019 - Cincinnati (2-14), Atlanta (7-9), New York Giants (4-12), Cleveland (6-10) and Seattle (11-5 hey he beat one team with a winning record!!!). Tied the Lions (3-12-1)
2020 - San Fran, Washington, The Jets, Dallas, Seattle, and Buffalo.

He is nothing special. Deal with it. And if you want to keep talking about it, knock yourself out but use facts, not your fantasy to back up your reason why he is soooooooo amazing.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:46 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Okay kid...

First, nowhere, did I say I'm a fan of Zac, but good try. I simply state the truth Kliff is over-rated and would suck as bad as Zac with this roster and ownership.

Secondly, if you want to debate stop lying and use facts.

Kingsbury has not... once again, has NOT, beaten the steelers.

See here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Arizona_Cardinals_season

and here:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/2019.htm

And here:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ari/season/2019

That big L next to vs Pittsburgh means they lost the game. Just like you did.

I have no idea what else you said, I stopped reading the moment you went to fantasy land and believe the Cards beat pitt.

Nope.

Teams Kliff Kingsbury has beaten:

2019 - Cincinnati (2-14), Atlanta (7-9), New York Giants (4-12), Cleveland (6-10) and Seattle (11-5 hey he beat one team with a winning record!!!). Tied the Lions (3-12-1)
2020 - San Fran, Washington, The Jets, Dallas, Seattle, and Buffalo.

He is nothing special. Deal with it. And if you want to keep talking about it, knock yourself out but use facts, not your fantasy to back up your reason why he is soooooooo amazing.
Well done lad you caught my error. But guess what......Kingsbury
Is still a better head coach. He has the Cards trending toward
The playoffs in only his 2nd year. 
Heck.he even beat ZT head to head.
Kingsbury has beaten playoff teams. Kingsbury has created
Winning streaks. 
If Zac turns this pathetic franchise around then 
I.can say Im wrong and life goes on.
But show me a example ZT is the better coach 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 06:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Well done lad you caught my error. But guess what......Kingsbury
Winning streaks. 

That isn't the discussion here. I'm not defending Zac, I'm simply pointing out the Kingsbury is over-rated and would not have this team in any better position then it is now. 

Give Kliff the 2019 Dalton led Bengals he may not win a single game. He has more talent on the roster in AZ and a far better Ownership group and front office. 

Reply/Quote
Brian Flores alone negates this entire thread.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 06:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Brian Flores alone negates this entire thread.

Also Kevin Stefanski took over a team that has had a losing season every year since 2007, and in his first year has them at 6-3. That is tied for the 4th best record in the AFC and 7th best in the entire NFL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Zak Taylor would make a great high school gym teacher.  He's one of the worst NFL head coaches of all time.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 04:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also Kevin Stefanski took over a team that has had a losing season every year since 2007, and in his first year has them at 6-3. That is tied for the 4th best record in the AFC and 7th best in the entire NFL.

They were like the highest or second highest team with cap space and a bunch of draft picks. The team was picked for the playoffs the year before he took over. They are a 1 -2 years ahead of us in the rebuild.

He still got crushed by the Steelers! 

Its one thing to say fire ZT its another to have a replacement for him.

Who is your replacement for ZT?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 09:17 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: They were like the highest or second highest team with cap space and a bunch of draft picks. The team was picked for the playoffs the year before he took over. They are a 1 -2 years ahead of us in the rebuild.

He still got crushed by the Steelers! 

Its one thing to say fire ZT its another to have a replacement for him.

Who is your replacement for ZT?

The Bengals would have more cap space too, but they keep giving away shitty contracts (including under Taylor's watch).

Crushed by the Steelers and 6-3 > Crushed by the Steelers 4-20-1

Bieniemy, like it should have been a couple years ago. (Also maybe see if Marcus Freeman wants to be a DC in the NFL.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 06:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Well done lad you caught my error. But guess what......Kingsbury
Winning streaks. 

What's Tennessee?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What's Tennessee?

Tennessee  was the 16th state admitted to the Union.
8 states border Tennessee most of all 50 states.
Nashville is the Capitol. 
Knoxville held the World's Fair.
It is home to 3 pro sports franchises.
It is home to Davy Crockett and Johnny Majors and Clifty Farms
Ham.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What's Tennessee?

Coming out and having 2 weeks to prep to the Steelers and losing by 26 to the Steelers kinda negates that win over the Titans in.some ways. 
You know...1 step foward...2 back.now.
Zac is so.bad as a head coach he cant even string back to.back wins together. 
He hires coordinators and position coaches equivalent
To the discounted items at Dollar General Store which by the 
Way is headquartered in Goodletsville Tn.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 10:16 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Coming out and having 2 weeks to prep to the Steelers and losing by 26 to the Steelers kinda negates that win over the Titans in.some ways. 
You know...1 step foward...2 back.now.
Zac is so.bad as a head coach he cant even string back to.back wins together. 
He hires coordinators and position coaches equivalent
To the discounted items at Dollar General Store which by the 
Way is headquartered in Goodletsville Tn.

Point is, Tennessee is a play off team. And they don't have two weeks, no one is at the facility during a bye week. Thinking the players have 2 weeks to get ready is a misnomer.
Reply/Quote