Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zampese = Brat?
I'm beggining to think there is a heavy influence. Porous running, terrible play calls in redzone. Bad blocking scheme. Maybe I'm paranoid but I hope this is not a broken brat offensive scheme. I am hoping it turns around and the running game gets going. No way in hell we make the playoffs and advance o 50+ throws from Dalton every game.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 11:47 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: I'm beggining to think there is a heavy influence. Porous running, terrible play calls in redzone. Bad blocking scheme. Maybe I'm paranoid but I hope this is not a broken brat offensive scheme. I am hoping it turns around and the running game gets going. No way in hell we make the playoffs and advance o 50+ throws from Dalton every game.

After two games. yes you are paranoid.. total offensive not much difference than last year after two games so did you compare Hue and Brat?, . the big difference is more red zone issues .. but I heard a great stat on radio today.. Dalton to Eiffert in end zone last year was 10 out of 11, the rest of throws to other people was like 25 percent... Eiffert is the difference in lower scoring in red zone from the first two games last year.

Finally we played Oakland and San Diego.. away and home.... this year we played Jets and Steelers both away.. I don;t think a very fair comparison after two games this year compared to last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zampese did not make terrible calls in the red zone.

And we are running the same blocking scheme as the last few years.

Don't really see a point here.
Reply/Quote
Everyone's getting all paranoid because the offense isn't clicking yet this year. However, people need to remember that the Bengals are playing without their #2, #3, and #4 receiving options from last year, so the new guys need to get their feet wet. Normally, that's what the preseason games are for, but with so many injuries, the Bengals couldn't afford to keep their starters out there longer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ever heard of the word premature?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 11:47 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: I'm beggining to think there is a heavy influence. Porous running, terrible play calls in redzone. Bad blocking scheme. Maybe I'm paranoid but I hope this is not a broken brat offensive scheme. I am hoping it turns around and the running game gets going. No way in hell we make the playoffs and advance o 50+ throws from Dalton every game.

Our redzone offense was bad when Hue originally took over too. We kicked 5 field goals in our 2014 opener against Baltimore.

The difference has always been Eifert.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 09:40 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Ever heard of the word premature?

This.../\
Reply/Quote
Maybe my week 1 rant wasn't so bad.
Reply/Quote
It's never too early to start pointing fingers and saying ________ is the worst player and/or coach in the history of football and never too early for anyone to say they predicted it ____ years ago..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Maybe?
Reply/Quote
Lets not even bring Brat up with the current Bengals.

Not funny ! lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 12:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Lets not even bring Brat up with the current Bengals.

Not funny !  lol

I would agree, but isn't he employed as some sort of "special consultant"?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 01:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I would agree, but isn't he employed as some sort of "special consultant"?

Google says WR coach for Titans. 

Reply/Quote
Their offenses aren't really alike. Plus, people act like Bratkowski was a terrible OC his entire career. He wasn't. He had some EXTREMELY good seasons here as an OC.

But the offensive styles are completely different.

Brat had deep drop backs and called for more of a pocket passer along with a steady run game that didn't have a two back set or even having a 6th offensive lineman until 2009 when Lewis implemented it.

Zampese's offense reminds me a lot of the early days with Jay Gruden. A west coast style with pre-determined throws and a few shots down the field. But had growing pains.

I haven't been impressed with Zampese and never liked the promotion. It's still early, so I hope he proves me wrong. But like I said, it reminds me more of an early Jay Gruden type offense from 2011 more than Bratkowski's offense.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Its been two games man.... We have two new WR's, our best TE is hurt, and we have a new RT.

Give it some time.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was not a huge fan of the hire, but really think people need to chill out. The run game has been atrocious (not sure why some want Zampese to continually call running plays which are not working, but that is another subject). Dalton is dealing with three new receivers and is leading the NFL in yards. If his receivers could have held on to the 8-9 drops they had last week, he would probably be the highest rated passer as well.

Do they need to improve the line and running game? Most certainly yes. If you would have told me that Dalton would be leading the NFL in passing yards with the new receivers, new coordinator, no running game, and a porous line... I would have said you were crazy, so Zampese must be doing something right.
Reply/Quote

I was under the impression that he kept the offense pretty much intact.  That being said, once the O-line plays better, this offense will play better.

Getting Eifert back will make a world of difference.
Reply/Quote
My only concern with Zampese is he seems a bit slow in changing his plan when things aren't going well. The offensive line is clear you struggling, but he has continued to run and pass out of the shotgun. I think until this line gels, there should be more 2 TE and and jumbo packages keeping g Dalton safe and opening running lanes.
Reply/Quote
Zampese could not possibly equal Bratkowski. Not one time have I seen the sequence of run, run, shuttle pass, punt. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 04:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My only concern with Zampese is he seems a bit slow in changing his plan when things aren't going well. The offensive line is clear you struggling, but he has continued to run and pass out of the shotgun. I think until this line gels, there should be more 2 TE and and jumbo packages keeping g Dalton safe and opening running lanes.

A couple things:

1.  If the line is struggling, throwing out of the shot gun will only help the QB.
2.  Using a jumbo package won't fix the problem with the running game.  The problem is with the interior of the line and adding an extra TE or T won't fix that issue.
Reply/Quote