Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zampese attitude & not knowing how to use Gio and Hill
Hey guys,

Been a long time since I was able to log in. Been super busy! Had my first kid! I didn't see a thread on this I apologize if it is duplicative

Anyhow...

Through four games I'm giving Zampese a B- and that is being generous.

Here are my thoughts:

He has a very laid back attitude and now it is rubbing off on the offensive players. When Hue was the OC our O came out with swagger there was an air around them. They had this attitude about them that they could pick you apart anyway they wanted. Since the season started I don't see that anymore. I see a very chilled offense that comes out and conduct their business. That might be okay...but the killer instinct that they seemed to have "The can't stop us" attitude when Hue was OC is gone. I believe that is something that is crucial.

Now on to the RBs.

WTF!!!! How hard is it to use Gio on a pitch? He is better in open space than between the tackles. Yes he can run between the tackles, but get Gio in space is when he is most dangerous. He has Hill running these East West Stretch plays instead of North South plays. I feel like he is over thinking things. IE: "If I send Gio out they are going to know its a sweep or pitch to either the right or left side. So I'll run him up the middle they won't expect that."

To Question his play calling: When we get in the Red zone the play calling is suspect. Out of the 4 Red zone series we scored field goals on, only one do I put on the players. That is the one where Hill ran it twice up the middle and the line failed to help punch it in. GET PEKO OUT THERE AS A FULL BACK!

The other Red Zone Series were terrible play calling. 2 Runs straight up the gut with Gio from the 15? Why? Send him in space! Throw a fade to the end zone! Something!

Late in the third quarter their defense was gassed! Instead of bringing in Gio we kept pounding for 1-3 yards with Hill. Why not use once again a pitch to Gio to the side? When they finally did use this play it was a Third and 8 and it was obvious it was coming.

He doesn't know how to use his weapons right. I'm hoping Zamp grows as an OC, but I'm starting to think losing Hue Jackson was the biggest loss. As much as I want to believe Eifert coming back will make things better, I'm not sure it is a enough.

Don't get me started on Bodine... can Westerman please have a shot!
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote