• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zampese is back!!!!
In the NFL Ninja the browns hired him as their QB coach, lol
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 2906582-1377231271-59450.jpg?resize=500%2C281&ssl=1]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Zampese is a good example of what happens to a lot of coaches in the NFL. They do a good job and get promoted until they reach a position they are not good enough for.

Zampese was a good QB coach, but a failure at OC.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if he's looking forward to working with AJM again.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's a decent QB coach so no surprise there. He's probably looking forward to coaching Josh Rosen
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zampese is a good example of what happens to a lot of coaches in the NFL. They do a good job and get promoted until they reach a position they are not good enough for.

Yep that’s a good hire for them. But I’m afraid that’s his ceiling.

Reply/Quote
never had an issue with him as our QB coach... (except our QB had to go elsewhere to work on mechanics... Maybe Zampese needs to visit Dr House too..)
Reply/Quote
He for sure was a good QB coach but he was in over his head as an OC. Not sure if he had his own system, which he could have eventually got to implement or was forced to do it the Bengals way of keeping the players comfy and everything familiar....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:29 PM)Trademark Wrote: In the NFL Ninja the browns hired him as their QB coach, lol

Will people stop with these misleading thread titles!?!? I know it’s probably some BS, but with the Bengals you never know. Heart skipped a beat, not that he was a bad QB coach which is the highest job we have available
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Will people stop with these misleading thread titles!?!? I know it’s probably some BS, but with the Bengals you never know. Heart skipped a beat, not that he was a bad QB coach which is the highest job we have available outside of o line

Yeah, dirty bastids. Whatever

Waiting to see Kitna hired at this position for us.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, dirty bastids. Whatever

Waiting to see Kitna hired at this position for us.

Me too. You never know.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zampese is a good example of what happens to a lot of coaches in the NFL.  They do a good job and get promoted until they reach a position they are not good enough for.

Agreed. He was a very solid QB boach, but a bad OC. If he had gone to Cleveland as OC, I'd have laughed. But given he's going to be their QB coach, I don't think it was a bad move on their part.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zampese is a good example of what happens to a lot of coaches in the NFL.  They do a good job and get promoted until they reach a position they are not good enough for.

FYI: Known as the "Peter Principle"
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure Zampeeze might not work his way back up. He's been a QB coach a long time, but not really much else except our oc a short time. Still, not everyone's cut out to be coordinator or HC..
I hope he makes good except against us..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wonder if he's looking forward to working with AJM again.

This just shows that AJM is going to Cleveland to mentor that draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wonder if he's looking forward to working with AJM again.

We find out if we get AJM another year in a few days I think it was to be decided on the 15th of this month.
Reply/Quote
Oh yes please. Dear Browns, now that you already got Zampese, please hand over your fourth overall pick for McCarron. Since I don't know exactly if he's a RFA or UFA and what that actually means, I'm guessing you don't know either. So just put it to rest, give us the pick and get it over with. McCarron is nice, friendly, well-behaved, doesn't kneel, has a pretty girlfriend (I suppose) and funny little cheeks, plus he and Zampese are a great super fun couple to be around. He also almost beat Pittsburgh once. Get smart!
Reply/Quote
Agree Zmpese was a solid QB coach but horrid OC.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

This is very common with typical jobs/careers.

In the work place this called "The Peter Principle.". https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle.

Zampese was promoted to a level of incompetence.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: never had an issue with him as our QB coach...   (except our QB had to go elsewhere to work on mechanics...  Maybe Zampese needs to visit Dr House too..)

Yup, that's more or less my thought on it. Okay-not-great QB coach, who could make your QB okay, but they had to search for someone else to make the next step.

He is to QB coaching as Marvin is to HCing. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote