Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zampese offense
(04-02-2016, 07:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Kitna, Palmer, and Dalton have all had the same issue with INTs under his tutelage..... I'm not going to rehash old discussions. 

The reason you are not going to rehash it is because you know I will point out the fact that all of those players threw FEWER interceptions under Zampese than they did under other QB coaches.

Plus you can't just pick one bad thing and blame it on Zampese then refuse to give him any credit for all the good things our QBs have done.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 07:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Zimmer was a coordinator, without looking, probably promoted from a position coach job.  Get it?  Rolleyes

He was passed over for a head coach job for a lot longer than Zampese was passed over for an OC position.

So if your logic says that Zampese won't be good as a OC then Zim won't be good as a HC.

Get it.
Reply/Quote
No matter what offensive set, scheme, game plan, etc. Offensive success is going to boil down to one thing; How well can the OL execute? Overall, I like the chances of the Bengals OL being really good. However, the weakness at the Center position is still somewhat of an Achilles Heel. The inability to move the pile straight up the middle, on 3rd and 2, or stop that blitz up the gut on a crucial 3rd and medium, is the difference between Championship and also ran.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong, but I doubt KZ is going to be one of the stagnate type of OCs where everything is predictable. Until proven otherwise he's as good as any OC in the league and possibly even better. There's only one way to find out and that's to play a season or so with him as the OC before someone snatches him up as a HC.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was passed over for a head coach job for a lot longer than Zampese was passed over for an OC position.

So if your logic says that Zampese won't be good as a OC then Zim won't be good as a HC.

Get it.

Since being in the NFL, it took Zampese 18 years to become an offensive coordinator.

It took Zimmer 6 years to be a defensive coordinator.

But it took Zimmer 20 years to become a head coach.

So there's only a 2 year difference in your argument, so it's not "a lot longer".
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 01:15 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Since being in the NFL, it took Zampese 18 years to become an offensive coordinator.

It took Zimmer 6 years to be a defensive coordinator.

But it took Zimmer 20 years to become a head coach.

So there's only a 2 year difference in your argument, so it's not "a lot longer".

So what is your point?

Do you honestly think Zimmer will suck as a head coach just because he was passed over for 20 years?

You are picking at nits while completely missing my point.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 07:51 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Is he going to be on the sideline or in the booth?

Good question, i prefer our Coordinators to be on the sideline.

Just have a bad taste in my mouth still from Brat up in the booth though.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 10:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The reason you are not going to rehash it is because you know I will point out the fact that all of those players threw FEWER interceptions under Zampese than they did under other QB coaches.

Plus you can't just pick one bad thing and blame it on Zampese then refuse to give him any credit for all the good things our QBs have done.

No, they were on MUCH shittier teams, but I digress......Zampese is like PA, a damn near Bengal lifer, when the NFL is snatching up the rest of our coaches before the ink dries on their contracts.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was passed over for a head coach job for a lot longer than Zampese was passed over for an OC position.

Get it.

No, you DON'T get it.  It's much easier to get moved up from assistant, to position coach, to coordinator, than it is to take the step to HC.  This should be common sense, it's the way it is working for a living, or coaching.  I'm not surprised you fail to grasp this....or just like argue....whatever the case may be.

Your logic:  Ken Zampese is as good a coach as Mike Zimmer.

Got it.  Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 02:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: No, they were on MUCH shittier teams, but I digress..

You digress out of reality.

Kitna was 18-15 with the Seahawks and took them to the playoffs.

He was 18-28 with the Bengals.

Yet his int% dropped from 4.0 with the Seahawks to 3.5 when he started working under Zampese.
Reply/Quote