Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeitler - All Pro or Free Agent?
Those who say that he isn't good are silly. I actually don't know that I've seen anyone seriously state that.

Really, if the Bengals don't give him a new deal, it'll be a mistake.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 08:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Those who say that he isn't good are silly. I actually don't know that I've seen anyone seriously state that.

Yeah, true that Cupcakes.

What man doesn't like a good cupcake? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Thanks everyone for the responses, it makes the situation much clearer.

It appears to me that the most desired scenario is letting Andre walk, which is understandable. I think he is highly underrated, but his injury concerns and off field hiccups to play a role in our decision.

I didn't realize Big Z was a sure deal :) But it makes me wonder why we signed Boling for fairly good money. I always considered him a backup, and you can't pay everyone starter money.

Lastly, I find it interesting that we discuss going purely to a ZBS, when if I recall correctly, our runs to the right side of the line have been phenomenal.

Z and Andre make a big push which helps Hill and definitely helps Gio. I'm going to miss our 'bull push' if they replace Andre here soon. I have faith that Fisher is physical enough to keep the run production going though, no? I just thought this team was pushing in the direction of run first.
Reply/Quote
I'm still holding out hope that they try Z at Center so we can get our 5 best Olinemen on the field, but most likely a pipe dream.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm still holding out hope that they try Z at Center so we can get our 5 best Olinemen on the field, but most likely a pipe dream.

Bodine is an ideal backup. Can play all 3 positions and has picked up the offense pretty well.

And it's an absolute understatement to say Zietler could make a better Center than Bodine.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:50 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Bodine is an ideal backup. Can play all 3 positions and has picked up the offense pretty well.

And it's an absolute understatement to say Zietler could make a better Center than Bodine.

Apparently, our center position was decided by "how much you bench?"
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:02 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Apparently, our center position was decided by "how much you bench?"

I had this conversation with my dad the other day.

"He can bench 225 pounds 42 times in a row, surely he can push back a nose tackle."

If only it were that simple father.
Reply/Quote
The good thing is we are havin discussions about a pretty dam good offensive line getting better without having "day one "starters

I say keep big Z you do not let road graders go early in their career especially that had a one time injury
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:22 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I had this conversation with my dad the other day.

"He can bench 225 pounds 42 times in a row, surely he can push back a nose tackle."

If only it were that simple father.

Back & Core strength matter so much more than most realize. 
Reply/Quote
FWIW: Last year PFF rated Zeitler as the 8th best guard in the league (of those who played 60% of snaps at the position). Boling was 19th.
In 2013 Zeitler was rated the 20th best guard in the league, followed by Boling at 21st.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 12:27 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Back & Core strength matter so much more than most realize. 

I've never heard anyone say leverage and force produced derive from your chest as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 12:27 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Back & Core strength matter so much more than most realize. 

Vertical and Broad jumps are good at measuring lower body strength and overall explosiveness relative to one's body size.  Bench Press for reps has turned more into an endurance contest, for guys that have put in the most time practicing it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 07:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vertical and Broad jumps are good at measuring lower body strength and overall explosiveness relative to one's body size.  Bench Press for reps has turned more into an endurance contest, for guys that have put in the most time practicing it.

Yup.
Back and core are about balance and ability to recover/reset. 
Reply/Quote
Who ever is out there saying that Zeitler isn't good, hasn't been watching the guy play.

He's good, the kinda good you want at RG for another 7 years.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 11:34 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yup.
Back and core are about balance and ability to recover/reset. 

Clearly the biggest weakness I saw with him.
He already couldn't consistenly get the first punch in with shorter arms, then he couldn't anchor and was essentially beaten immediately.

But enough about Russell, when playing 16 games, Zietler will catch people's eyes enough to put him with Sitton, Yanda and Martin.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 01:57 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I've never heard anyone say leverage and force produced derive from your chest as well.

Instead of Bench I'd like to see Olinemen perform on a punch force machine 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Keeping Z in Cincinnati has to be a top priority.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 08:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Those who say that he isn't good are silly. I actually don't know that I've seen anyone seriously state that.

I would hope there wouldn't even be a debate in the FO about it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 11:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Who ever is out there saying that Zeitler isn't good, hasn't been watching the guy play.

He's good, the kinda good you want at RG for another 7 years.

I dont think its a debate of if hes good or not...

Its gonna be is he affordable or not lol. but if the cap keeps raising like it has the last 2 years... Retaining him shouldn't be an issue. Unless hes looking for Max $$ amount cause we know the Bengals rarely play that game.
Reply/Quote
For anyone interested. Marshall Yanda is the highest paid RG in the league, and considered the best one.

He signed his extension back in 2011. He signed for 5 years/$32.5 million.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote