Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeitler on "Moving the Chains"
They interviewed Kevin Zeitler yesterday on Moving the Chains. He said he is not following what is going on with the Bengals or other teams, said he would be happy to stay, but is excited to see what Free Agency brings. Translation- he wants out of here. Evidently there was a guard signing yesterday for a guard that would set the floor at aroun 8 mil a year against the top guard who signed for 11 or 12 something. Basically, Zeitler will cost someone between 10 and 12 mil a year.... 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Translation- he wants out of here.

Just curious, but how could you tell Zeitler was speaking in "hater" before you did this translation?

Aren't his comments exactly the same of pretty much every free agent ever?
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but how could you tell Zeitler was speaking in "hater" before you did this translation?

Just from his tone. I'm not saying he's a hater or anything, he had nothing but good things to say about the Bengals, but when asked about resigning with the Bengals he was kind of flat, saying if that happens great but he's letting his agent handle it and staying out of it. When asked about going elsewhere his voice kind of lit up and spoke in terms of "exciting" and what not. It's not what he said, it's the way he said it. It just felt like he's excited to go elsewhere....and obviously money probably has a lot to do with it. They said he was the top free agent this year...
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They interviewed Kevin Zeitler yesterday on Moving the Chains. He said he is not following what is going on with the Bengals or other teams, said he would be happy to stay, but is excited to see what Free Agency brings. Translation- he wants out of here. Evidently there was a guard signing yesterday for a guard that would set the floor at aroun 8 mil a year against the top guard who signed for 11 or 12 something. Basically, Zeitler will cost someone between 10 and 12 mil a year.... 

Yeah, he'll be moving his chains right on out of town.  Somewhere that when they say they want to win, they really mean it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but how could you tell Zeitler was speaking in "hater" before you did this translation?

(02-28-2017, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not saying he's a hater or anything

Fred, where did you learn to translate "hater"?

UCLA?  University of Columbus 'Longside the Airport distance learning option?
Reply/Quote
In general, players want money and a secondary motivator is winning. We are a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 02:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In general, players want money and a secondary motivator is winning. We are a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years.

Especially, when it comes to their first free agency contract after their rookie contract expires.  It may be their one and only chance at elite money.  Players can't pay their mortgage with wins.
Reply/Quote
He gone
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals seem content on letting him go for no apparent reason at all and they already said their free agent bugdet is around 15 million. There not getting both whit and him back for that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Just from his tone. I'm not saying he's a hater or anything, he had nothing but good things to say about the Bengals, but when asked about resigning with the Bengals he was kind of flat, saying if that happens great but he's letting his agent handle it and staying out of it. When asked about going elsewhere his voice kind of lit up and spoke in terms of "exciting" and what not. It's not what he said, it's the way he said it. It just felt like he's excited to go elsewhere....and obviously money probably has a lot to do with it. They said he was the top free agent this year...

It's amazing how the word 'hater' gets so over used. No respect for other viewpoints is what it really boils down to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

None said "hater", until you did...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 10:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: None said "hater", until you did...

Of course not.  I was the first one to comment on it.

What language would you call it when no matter what words are actually said they always mena "Bengals suck"?

Zeitler said exactly what every other free agent said, but only here is it "translated" to mean "I want out of here."
Reply/Quote
I know Kevin very well. Have spent a ton of time with him over the last two years. He does not "want" out of Cincinnati. I can say this with 100% certainty.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 10:48 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I know Kevin very well. Have spent a ton of time with him over the last two years. He does not "want" out of Cincinnati. I can say this with 100% certainty.

This is good to hear. I hope Mikey can provide enough money to keep him here. Wait, forget it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
What really cracks me up is that they paid him $8 million this year on his rookie option, what the hell is $2 million more per year after proving himself?

They act like they've never paid a guard elite money, well they already did this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They interviewed Kevin Zeitler yesterday on Moving the Chains. He said he is not following what is going on with the Bengals or other teams, said he would be happy to stay, but is excited to see what Free Agency brings. Translation- he wants out of here. Evidently there was a guard signing yesterday for a guard that would set the floor at aroun 8 mil a year against the top guard who signed for 11 or 12 something. Basically, Zeitler will cost someone between 10 and 12 mil a year.... 

He also talked about how great of a coach PA is.  That may be key in keeping him here.

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 11:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He also talked about how great of a coach PA is.  That may be key in keeping him here.

Sarcasm

He needs to be back in the concussion protocol, clearly there is still some lingering issues.  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 10:48 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I know Kevin very well. Have spent a ton of time with him over the last two years. He does not "want" out of Cincinnati. I can say this with 100% certainty.

I hate to say it, but let's see what kind of contract Mikey boy has to offer. The long time fans know all to well how much of a back end of a horse Mikey Brown can be with offers to current players and just how he can turn a player from friend to foe as quick as a lightening strike.

We also know just how much he values the guard position, which is somewhere slightly above how he values the center position, which is somewhere down around the fertilizing material collected from cow farms.

Reply/Quote
If I remember correctly... Marvin Jones said something quite similar...

Something about him wanting to stay on the team but being quite excited to see what's out there for him since he wanted to be a #1. Zeitler may want to go to a title contender or just want the money.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 10:24 AM)milksheikh Wrote: If I remember correctly... Marvin Jones said something quite similar...

Every free agent ever has said something similar.
Reply/Quote