Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeitler on "Moving the Chains"
(03-01-2017, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Every free agent ever has said something similar.

Meh, Marvin Jones ended up leaving ... Even when the Bengals gave him a solid offer.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 11:38 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Meh, Marvin Jones ended up leaving ... Even when the Bengals gave him a solid offer.

So what is your point?  I can point to a bunch of free agents who said the same thing and re-singed with their own team.

the only way you could interpret Kevin's comments to mean he wants out of here is if you are suffering from "confirmation bias".  In other words you hate the Bengals and it is impossible for anyone to disagree with your opinion.  So no matter what comments a player makes it always means "Bengals suck".  That happens around here a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what is your point?  I can point to a bunch of free agents who said the same thing and re-singed with their own team.

the only way you could interpret Kevin's comments to mean he wants out of here is if you are suffering from "confirmation bias".  In other words you hate the Bengals and it is impossible for anyone to disagree with your opinion.  So no matter what comments a player makes it always means "Bengals suck".  That happens around here a lot.

My point is that I wouldn't be surprised if he left for a better opportunity.

I would love him to stay and the Bengals to resign him... but it seems more unlikely by the day.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 01:32 PM)milksheikh Wrote: My point is that I wouldn't be surprised if he left for a better opportunity.

And that is what every free agent does that chooses to go on the market.  And that is totally different from "He wants out of here".
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is what every free agent does that chooses to go on the market.  And that is totally different from "He wants out of here".

I agree with you here Fred.

I'd say first and foremost players go for the most money...but the secondary factors vary by person. Some like to be close to home. Some want to be the guy. Some look at staff. Some look at system. And very many other factors.
Reply/Quote
He's gone. Another 1st round pick wasted
Reply/Quote
Packers need a Guard and he's a Wisconsin boy. That may hurt the Bengals chances and then you will read a Hobspin story about how the Bengals offered Zeitler a contract "similar" to the Packers but he wanted to play close to home.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 11:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He also talked about how great of a coach PA is.  That may be key in keeping him here.

Sarcasm

Who is Zeitler comparing PA to, he only had college coaches prior to entering the NFL.
I suspect most NFL coaches are miles ahead of their college counterparts. ( except PA imo ) . Sad
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 02:06 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I hate to say it, but let's see what kind of contract Mikey boy has to offer. The long time fans know all to well how much of a back end of a horse Mikey Brown can be with offers to current players and just how he can turn a player from friend to foe as quick as a lightening strike.

We also know just how much he values the guard position, which is somewhere slightly above how he values the center position, which is somewhere down around the fertilizing material collected from cow farms.

I don't know about Mike but his dad, Paul, took a center with the first ever Bengal draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 12:34 PM)Stingray1931 Wrote: I don't know about Mike but his dad, Paul, took a center with the first ever Bengal draft pick.
If Mikey boy could have 1/10th of the accomplishments of his father we'd have won a championship by now.

There is no relation between what Mikey does and what Paul did and there are numerous examples of Paul leading the league with innovation and just as many of Mikey fighting any change at all.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 07:55 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Who is Zeitler comparing PA to, he only had college coaches prior to entering the NFL.
I suspect most NFL coaches are miles ahead of their college counterparts. ( except PA imo ) . Sad

Since oyu are claiming you know more than Zeitler then tell us all what coaches have you played under that you can compare to PA?
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since oyu are claiming you know more than Zeitler then tell us all what coaches have you played under that you can compare to PA?

I am not in the NFL, nor have I ever been in the NFL.
Zeitler only has PA in the NFL, NO other NFL team coaches to compare PA too.In order to compare, one must have experience with several  quantities.
I compare traits of various women I dated to determine who suits me best.I test drive different vehicles before deciding which one to get.
Apples to apples counselor.
I did not claim to know more than Z, I merely observed that he has no basis to proclaim PA to be "a great " coach based on Z's NFL experience thus far . If Z goes to a different team, then he will have a NFL line coach to compare PA to.
Stop distorting the facts counselor. ThumbsUp I look at recent results to grade PA crummy.
Reply/Quote