Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero RB Strategy?
Anybody use the zero RB strategy in fantasy drafts?

I typically draft one or two in the first few rounds. When I started back in '03 until a few years ago, I'd do two backs with first two picks regardless, but now I'm realizing how fragile they are and how many backs score lots of points. I'd also take a quarterback in the first three rounds.

Now, with backs not dominating as much and receivers are becoming the points scorers since it's a passing league.

Last year, out of RBs/WRs/TEs, only 37 running backs were in the top 100.

Unless I have one of the top picks and can get one of the top RBs, I think I'm waiting until round 7 or 8, but it will also depend on my draft tiers.

Anyone else?

Speaking of, does anyone have any websites with draft tiers?
Reply/Quote
RBs haven't dominated the top of the draft in years. The days of having like Priest Holmes, Curtis Martin, LaDanian Tomlinson, etc etc....is long gone. If you aren't getting that type of production then why force it?

There's a handful of guys that can produce like WRs...that's just the way it is. It's a passing league now.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 04:50 PM)basballguy Wrote: RBs haven't dominated the top of the draft in years. The days of having like Priest Holmes, Curtis Martin, LaDanian Tomlinson, etc etc....is long gone. If you aren't getting that type of production then why force it?

There's a handful of guys that can produce like WRs...that's just the way it is. It's a passing league now.

Yeah, that’s the way I’m leaning now.

I’m wondering how early I’ll need to draft Chase in all my leagues here.
Reply/Quote
Kind of depends on roster and scoring settings. When I started with FF Passing TDs were 4 points and PPR wasn't yet a big thing, which inflated RB importance because of the volume. With Passing TDs being 6 and PPR/Half PPR being very popular, along with the league being very pass heavy, I'd say that unless you have a shot at an Ekeler-esque RB you can go WR heavy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
with running backs not being as valuable overall that means the few that produce will be higher value targets if the drop off is extreme after... Like TE's theres only a handful worth an early pick after that your lucky to get someone that produces weekly.

But last time i drafted a RB in 1 he went straight to IR lol

Or do you mean your new league is removing the RB spot all together?
Reply/Quote