Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zero coverage because they don't want you to have the info
(05-23-2022, 12:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Every news network on TV is just as bad if not worse. most just lean the other direction

I actually have some cynical respect for people like Tucker Carlson or Alex Jones who flat out admit they are lying and no one with a functioning brain should believe them, yet still have a blindly-loyal fanbase.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 12:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I actually have some cynical respect for people like Tucker Carlson or Alex Jones who flat out admit they are lying and no one with a functioning brain should believe them, yet still have a blindly-loyal fanbase.  

It takes an especially skilled conman to tell you he's lying and you still believe him.

I've done it a couple of times, but those people were idiots.
Reply/Quote
Two words for you sled.. FREEDOM POX!  I promise I'll defend your right to get monkey pox and have all kinds of festering sores and boils all over YOUR body.. But if you get it I'll rescind my promise..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It amazing how many seem to be perfectly fine with the MSM deciding for you what information you get to receive.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 09:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It amazing how many seem to be perfectly fine with the MSM deciding for you what information you get to receive.

That's the way it's always been. Every news organization uses editorial discretion to push out the news it chooses to. They won't talk about things that make their funders look bad and for the partisan ones, they don't talk bad about their side. That's our corporatized news. That's capitalism.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 12:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I actually have some cynical respect for people like Tucker Carlson or Alex Jones who flat out admit they are lying and no one with a functioning brain should believe them, yet still have a blindly-loyal fanbase.  

The cult-like mindset is indeed rather disturbing. Even when there's overwhelming evidence that followers are being blatantly grifted --- many choose to remain willing victims of said grift. 
Reply/Quote
Is this about the 68,000 falsified signatures in Michigan? Because the most mainstream news channel doesn't have shit about it online (after a cursory search).
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 09:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It amazing how many seem to be perfectly fine with the MSM deciding for you what information you get to receive.

What would a news organization look like that WOULDN'T/COULDN'T decide for you what information you get to receive--from their own news products?

Who would decide then? Should Billionaires, politicians, comedians, and televangelists assign and edit stories for them?

So far, this just sounds like a complaint that news organizations exist at all outside the RWNM.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 07:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The key info from the article.

Quote:Clinton was not supposed to be the object of the Sussmann trial, because Judge Christopher Cooper, an Obama appointee, issued a series of orders limiting the scope of the trial and its evidence. The orders were viewed as “spar[ing] the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee … potential embarrassment.” 

Until I know BY WHOM orders limiting the scope of the investigation were viewed as sparing the Clinton campaign, I'd stop short of calling this "information," let alone "key." That the judge was an Obama appointee doesn't really help readers who don't think mention of appointment is enough to explain legal behavior.  It MAY matter that a judge is "a Mexican," but the mere mention should not stand as explanation.

Same goes for references to the Steele Dossier as "the basis of the Russia collusion investigation."

And the claim that bringing an actual investigation into communication between a Trump.org server and a Russian Bank was "successful disinformation." 
Reply/Quote
I guess this is called a nothingburger?
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 05:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I guess this is called a nothingburger?

Usually is.
Reply/Quote
BREAKING NEWS!  Nobody gives a rats ass about Elon Musk except Elon Musk. Details at 11.. 

And folks..MSN has become any news source that even remotely disagrees with whatever nonsense is spewed out by brightbart, your local Q nutcase, ONN, or *gasp and clutch your pearls"*.. TRUTH SOCIAL!  The only truth that is the truth across the nation and I'm here at the supermarket..They call him the streak.. he likes to show off his physique and fat ass.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 03:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: BREAKING NEWS!  Nobody gives a rats ass about Elon Musk except Elon Musk. Details at 11.. 

And folks..MSN has become any news source that even remotely disagrees with whatever nonsense is spewed out by brightbart, your local Q nutcase, ONN, or *gasp and clutch your pearls"*.. TRUTH SOCIAL!  The only truth that is the truth across the nation and I'm here at the supermarket..They call him the streak.. he likes to show off his physique and fat ass.. 

Perfectly said, IMO.
Reply/Quote