Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero sacks for D-Line - Difference in game
As is normal with this match up with the Steelers this game came down to both lines. Our offensive line was ***** slapped by Pitts D-line and our D-line was abused by Pitts O-line, period.

It's a simple game. Pitt gets this, we don't. If Dalton had the kind of time Big Ben had we could have scored many more points. Regardless, our D-line got which is supposed to be a strength was terribly ineffective.

It's very tiresome to watch this year in and year out against Pittsburgh. Good grief, Tomlin keeps his job just based on his record against Marvin. Very sad.

Kudo's to Dalton for hanging in there with an organization that consistently fails to see its weaknesses. Unlike Carson Palmer, Dalton is too nice of a guy to complain. He shouldn't be, he is an elite talent strapped behind a line of garbage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: As is normal with this match up with the Steelers this game came down to both lines.  Our offensive line was ***** slapped by Pitts D-line and our D-line was abused by Pitts O-line, period.

It's a simple game.  Pitt gets this, we don't.  If Dalton had the kind of time Big Ben had we could have scored many more points.  Regardless, our D-line got which is supposed to be a strength was terribly ineffective.

It's very tiresome to watch this year in and year out against Pittsburgh.  Good grief, Tomlin keeps his job just based on his record against Marvin.  Very sad.

Kudo's to Dalton for hanging in there with an organization that consistently fails to see its weaknesses.  Unlike Carson Palmer, Dalton is too nice of a guy to complain.  He shouldn't be, he is an elite talent strapped behind a line of garbage.

Zero sacs, zero pressures, zero hurrys. But Pittsburgh played a lot of the game with 7 on the line.....
Reply/Quote
Sacks? I don’t think they even touched him. Austin ***** stinks. Might as well be Bresnahan.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sacks? I don’t think they even touched him. Austin ***** stinks. Might as well be Bresnahan.

I didn't realize Austin was on the line today.....
Reply/Quote
Max protect, lack of Nickle personal (Lawson needs more time), short quick passes, and screens galore. The Steelers did an excellent job slowing down our pass rush by game plan.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Every time the Steelers OL holds like crazy all game.

Every game the refs ignore it.

Then after every game there's some people on the message board after the game railing on the DL as if this isn't and hasn't been a thing for quite a long time now.

- - - - - - - - -
It amazes me that there somehow still seems to be Bengals fans who haven't gotten the message and keep blaming the DL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Every time the Steelers OL holds like crazy all game.

Then after every game there's some people on the message board after the game railing on the DL as if this isn't and hasn't been a thing for quite a long time now.

- - - - - - - - -
It amazes me that there somehow still seems to be Bengals fans who haven't gotten the message and keep blaming the DL.

Thank you, absolutely.

People here are hilarious.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: As is normal with this match up with the Steelers this game came down to both lines. Our offensive line was ***** slapped by Pitts D-line and our D-line was abused by Pitts O-line, period.

It's a simple game. Pitt gets this, we don't. If Dalton had the kind of time Big Ben had we could have scored many more points. Regardless, our D-line got which is supposed to be a strength was terribly ineffective.

It's very tiresome to watch this year in and year out against Pittsburgh. Good grief, Tomlin keeps his job just based on his record against Marvin. Very sad.

Kudo's to Dalton for hanging in there with an organization that consistently fails to see its weaknesses. Unlike Carson Palmer, Dalton is too nice of a guy to complain. He shouldn't be, he is an elite talent strapped behind a line of garbage.

Couldn’t agree more.

Lets forget the sacks though and think about the fact that they didn’t eve have a single pressure. It’s mindblowing really on that many dropbacks.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:12 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Couldn’t agree more.

Lets forget the sacks though and think about the fact that they didn’t eve have a single pressure. It’s mindblowing really on that many dropbacks.

Its mind-blowing that people actually think our team didn't get a single pressure or draw a penalty.

Are you people for real?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Every time the Steelers OL holds like crazy all game.

- - - - - - - - -

There was some holds today, but honestly it wasn’t as bad as some games vs the Steelers.

Not even touching Ben once deserves criticism.

They did call like 9 penalties on the Steelers btw...

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was some holds today, but honestly it wasn’t as bad as some games vs the Steelers.

Not even touching Ben once deserves criticism.

Again though; so long as the team gets away with holds, they will do it every time.

Happened to Dunlap 3 times today as well, where he beat his man and he's being dragged from behind.
Reply/Quote

- - - - - - - - -

There was a play in the 3rd I think.  Ben scrambled to his right away from the line and literally stood like a statue, scanning the field for what had to be at least 3-5 seconds.  Like actually standing, completely unworried about anyone getting near him.  That shit does not happen in the NFL without holding.  No way, no how.  It was like a kid playing backyard football as untouchable all-time quarterback.  
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Max protect,  lack of Nickle personal (Lawson needs more time), short quick passes, and screens galore. The Steelers did an excellent job slowing down our pass rush by game plan.

TEs we're 14/17(82%), 129 yards, and 7.6 yards attempt.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Its mind-blowing that people actually think our team didn't get a single pressure or draw a penalty.

Are you people for real?

you are completely ignoring what happened today.  Steelers OLine owned our Dline.

no pressures!!  if you want to ignore pass blocking then fine, but their rb went over 100yd  at 5.6 too.

Geno has been great but again he got nowhere .vs. pouncey and decastro
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Its mind-blowing that people actually think our team didn't get a single pressure or draw a penalty.

Are you people for real?

They drew one holding penalty I think. And no they actually didn’t generate a single pressure. Check the stat line. Derp.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:27 PM)sonofstat Wrote: you are completely ignoring what happened today.  Steelers OLine owned our Dline.

no pressures!!  if you want to ignore pass blocking then fine, but their rb went over 100yd  at 5.6 too.

Geno has been great but again he got nowhere .vs. pouncey and decastro

That's the entire point of my post; you REALLY think they didn't get a single pressure?

That has literally never happened a single time in NFL history. Ever.

BECAUSE THEY WERE BEING HELD TO DEATH, NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE GETTING, "owned."

(10-14-2018, 06:27 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: They drew one holding penalty I think. And no they actually didn’t generate a single pressure. Check the stat line. Derp.

No holds and like above, you completely missed the point.

You watch South Park too? Good for you.

Guess the whole point of, "derp," went over your head.

I have to get off of this place for a while, you people are all completely delusional.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's the entire point of my post; you REALLY think they didn't get a single pressure?

That has literally never happened a single time in NFL history. Ever.

BECAUSE THEY WERE BEING HELD TO DEATH, NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE GETTING, "owned."

No holds and like above, you completely missed the point.

You watch South Park too? Good for you.

Guess the whole point of, "derp," went over your head.

I have to get off of this place for a while, you people are all completely delusional.

Fact of the matter is the Bengals Defensive line could not create negative plays and that killed the football game. 

You can say pressures and holding all you want but it doesn't change the fact they did not effect the football game and they are the highest paid group on the entire football team.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The "zero holds on Pittsburgh's O-line" is a recurring theme.
We have premiere pass rushers, there is NO WAY the Steelers can go an entire game without holding.
They'll keep doing it, the refs won't call it, and the Bengals will pay the price.
SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET IN THE REFS GODD**M FACE ABOUT IT!
Reply/Quote
The lack of holding penalties happens all of the time when we play Pittsburgh. That's nothing new. We tend to get more pressure than this and even a sack or two. Today, there was none of that. There were a couple of hits on Ben. Not many at all, but there were a couple. I specifically remember 2 players taking him down and I think it was in the 1st quarter. Yes, there were holds that should've been called, but Geno and Dunlap have fought through that before to still get some pressure and make a couple of plays.
Reply/Quote

- - - - - - - - -

Maybe if they didn't run straight into the nearest offensive lineman, and do nothing to try and get his hands off them, there would be more pressure and/or more holding calls.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote