Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ziggy and Clowney
Sounds like a comedy team, but they could be a nightmare for the Bengals.

Jadeveon Clowney (1st pick of '14 draft) has 18.5 sacks over the last two seasons. I assume he will be at RDE facing Andre Smith who, as far as I know, has never played LT in the NFL. Smith had a couple of seasons where he was one of the better RTs in the league but that was a few years. We have let him leave for other teams twice since than, and this was the second time we have brought him back. He started 8 games for the Cards last year but was cut mid-season. Despite only playing 452 snaps he led the team in sacks allowed with 6.

Ziggy Ansah (5th pick of '13) was injured most of last year and only had 4 sacks. However he had 12.0 in '17 and 14.5 in '15. He will be working against Bobby Hart. Hart led the Bengals O-linemen in sacks allowed last year with 7.5 but he played way more than twice as many snaps as Smith (994).

We can't give RB/TE help on both sides. If Smith and Hart can't control these guys it will be a long, long day.
Reply/Quote
Ansah and Collier their first round end are both out. Really simple now you slide protection to Clowney on every play or chip a TE to him. Pass rush should not derail this game for the Bengals at this point.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 03:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ansah and Collier their first round end are both out. Really simple now you slide protection to Clowney on every play or chip a TE to him. Pass rush should not derail this game for the Bengals at this point.

I knew Collier was out.  Did not hear about Ansah.

Their 10-sack DT, Jarran Reed is suspended.

We are really catching some breaks here.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I knew Collier was out.  Did not hear about Ansah.

Their 10-sack DT, Jarran Reed is suspended.

We are really catching some breaks here.

Correct, and with the way the day has gone feels like we could pull the upset.
Reply/Quote