Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zim's comments during Lions' Telecast
First of all, I would like to give some props to the Lions Network.

Spielman and his partner did a wonderful job of scouting and evaluating BOTH teams, despite only being obligated to cover Detroit.

I always appreciate coverage that is not biased.

Now, early in the broadcast the play-by-play man said to Chris "And Vikings Coach Zimmer told you they are the best front in the league".

Spielman elaborated on the comment with "Yes, this front 7 is as good as it gets, and Zimmer told me that if you can move this front 7, then there is not a front in the league that your o-line cannot move."

This was music to my ears.

Anyone else catch it?

P.S. My quotes are paraphrased, not literal
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

You're joking, right?

I guess you never heard the the Burkhead fumble commentary...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The commentary was overall ok but I thought Spielman was much better because his partner kept calling Rex Burkhead, Rex Burkhart. Yes I did hear him say that about the front 7 btw.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 02:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ...

You're joking, right?

Yes, he missed a name or two on the Bengals, as he said Kirkpatrick had made a play and Dre wasn't even on the field ... however, again, this has nothing to do with the OP's point about being balanced commentary and Zimmer's comment to Spielman.  Just saying.
Reply/Quote
I do remember that.

Has anyone else not been able to see the 1st down line? Idk if its my tv or what, but neither game has yet to have the first down line, and its bothering me.
Reply/Quote

You're joking, right?

No, and I did hear the commentary.

They could have spent the entire game talking about the Lions only, but they didn't.

And Spielman was correct that it should have been a fumble.

I'm not saying that the official got it incorrect either, as there was contact prior to touching the ground.

The contact did not cause him to go to the ground, however, which was Spielman's point.

It is a grey area that will never be changed.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 03:44 PM)Gohards Wrote: I do remember that.

Has anyone else not been able to see the 1st down line? Idk if its my tv or what, but neither game has yet to have the first down line, and its bothering me.

I think that technology is in the network broadcast trucks, not the equipment in the stadiums.

In other words, the in-house broadcasts don't have the technology to add them in.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 03:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I think that technology is in the network broadcast trucks, not the equipment in the stadiums.

In other words, the in-house broadcasts don't have the technology to add them in.

Thats what i figured, i wouldnt of been able to go all season without a first down marker. Thats one reason i almost perfer watching on tv rather than going.

One of the commentators did call AJ "one of the best recievers in the game." Then again, everyone knows AJ is "one" of the best. On this catch here at #2: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000688671/Preseason-Week-2-Top-5-catches?campaign=fb-nf-sf33947585-sf33947585
Reply/Quote

You're joking, right?

(Burkheart)

By the end of the game I was calling him Burkheart. 

They gave props to Marvin, "Great coach, yet to win a playoff game...."
Marvin Jones Jr. was the Lions' savoir in the option over Megatron...
Praised Maualuga...okay...?
Praised all of their Michigan locals, I.E. Fisher, Denard, Peko, and others...
Praised A.J. and gave Dalton quite a bit of props. 

Sounded better than the usual away CBS one-sided crap. 

I like Zim. class-act. 
They did mention that as well about the front 7. Opposing conference teams, don't hear that kind of comment everyday. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Believe this statement to be true about front 7.

But of course Zimmer is not going to talk bad about the defense he built.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote