Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer 5-0 at Minnesota Vikings
Zimmer coached under Bill Parcell so this is no big surprise.,...The Vikings of the late 1960's and 1970's were known for DEFENSE. THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS.....Well, under Zimmer, THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS ARE BACK.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Zim's your Coach of the Year. Just edging out Marvin, of course.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Seeing Mike Zimmer on the sidelines coaching his team in the NFC Championship this season will give me mixed feelings between being happy for him and sad for Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 09:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Seeing Mike Zimmer on the sidelines coaching his team in the NFC Championship this season will give me mixed feelings between being happy for him and sad for Cincinnati.

Same thought I've had.

Zim would have already eclipsed ML in playoff wins were it not for a missed FG as time expired.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 09:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Same thought I've had.

Zim would have already eclipsed ML in playoff wins were it not for a missed FG as time expired.

I can see Minnesota getting their first Lombardi Trophy very soon.
Reply/Quote
I miss Zimmer
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Their defense is great but their offense is terrible and has as many holes in it as ours.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 07:06 PM)J24 Wrote: Their defense is great but their offense is terrible and has as many holes in it as ours.

Hmm, sounds a bit like the Ravens, in their 1st Super Bowl run..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 07:06 PM)J24 Wrote: Their defense is great but their offense is terrible and has as many holes in it as ours.

Peterson at RB injured and they lost their starting QB and I think their back-up also......So I think Zim adapted bringing in the QB he did and they are 5-0 even with huge injuries on offense. ....Hats off to his OC  Norv Turner.  ...Not bad, Zim and George Edwards for D and Norv Turner on offense.

Sam Bradford, 6 TDs and no interceptions.....and he is spreading the ball around to 3 key receivers in Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph. ...McKinnon and Asiata running OK.....Not bad replacing injured Adrian Peterson and injured Terry Bridgewater.....How would Bengals look if Dalton and Hill out for the season......Vikings are 5-0 .....Zimmer is adapting to the injuries thrown at him.

I saw many question Vikings trading what they did to get Bradford, but I said at the time that I respected that with 16 games to play, they did not scrap their season in preseason and start talking 2017 draft before playing one game in 2016.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Vikings are tied for the league lead in takeaways at 12. Vikings lead the league in fewest giveaways at 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:36 PM)kevin Wrote: Peterson at RB injured and they lost their starting QB and I think their back-up also......So I think Zim adapted bringing in the QB he did and they are 5-0 even with huge injuries on offense. ....Hats off to his OC  Norv Turner.  ...Not bad, Zim and George Edwards for D and Norv Turner on offense.

Sam Bradford, 6 TDs and no interceptions.....and he is spreading the ball around to 3 key receivers in Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph. ...McKinnon and Asiata running OK.....Not bad replacing injured Adrian Peterson and injured Terry Bridgewater.....How would Bengals look if Dalton and Hill out for the season......Vikings are 5-0 .....Zimmer is adapting to the injuries thrown at him.

I saw many question Vikings trading what they did to get Bradford, but I said at the time that I respected that with 16 games to play, they did not scrap their season in preseason and start talking 2017 draft before playing one game in 2016.

Well we nearly beat the Steelers in the playoffs with Mcarron at the helm and our offense would probably be fine with Bernard at RB.  
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, sounds a bit like the Ravens, in their 1st Super Bowl run..

Also sounds like the 99 Buccaneers, early 90 Eagles, and 78 Falcons.
J24

Reply/Quote
After four losses and the resignation of Norv Turner it looks as though they may be imploding. Who saw that coming? 
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is going back to doing this his way.

Quote:After the Vikings lost their first game of the season at Philadelphia last month, coach Mike Zimmer was blunt and candid and upset, calling the offensive line “soft” and generally ranting about the poor performance of the offense.

In three more consecutive losses since then, Zimmer has been more muted and restrained. At times, he has been cryptic. In all, he’s been nothing like the guy he was during his first two years as the team’s head coach.

It appears that the old Zimmer may soon be returning. During a Monday press conference, Zimmer suggested that perhaps some aspects of the defense were changed “too much.”

Then he made this observation: “I’ve always said, ‘If I’m gonna lose, I’m gonna lose my way.’ So we’ll just back to doing things my way.”

That says a lot. It says that he hasn’t been doing things his way. Which raises the question of why he hasn’t been doing things his way. Also, which things hasn’t he been doing his way?

It’s hard not to wonder whether Zimmer’s blunt and candid nature contributed to offensive coordinator Norv Turner’s decision to abruptly quit, or whether Zimmer softened his rough-but-effective edge in response to it. Schematically, Zimmer may have been persuaded to make adjustments that haven’t worked.

Regardless, the notion that Zimmer was doing things in a way other than “my way” may help explain the dull sense that something is wrong with the team at a more intrinsic level. It also may be the best news the team has had in more than a month, if Zimmer’s resolve to return to doing things his way will make a difference in an upcoming stretch of games against the Cardinals, Lions, and Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
Mike Zimmer went back to his roots and the Vikings are winning again.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Zimmer went back to his roots and the Vikings are winning again.

Yeah, not so much  ThumbsUp

[Image: detroit-lions-primary-logo-5-primary.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
theyll go 5-0
Reply/Quote