Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer D Vikings vs Gruden offense Redskins today.
I wonder who wins. No surprise to me that Zimmer over the last 2 years has the fewest points given up in the NFC. Gruden pulled off a nice win in Seattle against their D with great offensive game plan. They have some strange thing called an offensive line that Redskins actually feel is worth paying for.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 12:54 PM)kevin Wrote: I wonder who wins.  No surprise to me that Zimmer over the last 2 years has the fewest points given up in the NFC.  Gruden pulled off a nice win in Seattle against their D with great offensive game plan.

Very excited to watch this game!
Reply/Quote
The "What could have been" Bowl. I've been secretly rooting for the Vikings all year long. Zimmer, despite devastating injuries to key players like QBs and RBs, is quietly putting together a solid, talented roster. He's building a real team, from the ground up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That game is at 1:00 p.m. on Fox, and the Bengals-Titans are also on Fox at 1:00 p.m. (weird).
Reply/Quote
Looking for a big game from Adam Theilen as my fantasy team finds itself in must win situation... Also wouldn't mind if McKinnon is injured early on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
See? It all came from the 'Marvin coaching tree'.. That's our feel good story take away of the year.. 

Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside now? 

Why of course!  Our famous HC has gone on to produce head coaches around the league who are successful which absolutely makes up for his own ineptitude.. 

Well, I feel better already.  

It's kind of like a peacetime general in charge of the accounting department saying that he never lost a single soldier in battle..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 01:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: See? It all came from the 'Marvin coaching tree'.. That's our feel good story take away of the year.. 

Why of course!  Our famous HC has gone on to produce head coaches around the league who are successful which absolutely makes up for his own ineptitude.. 

I already felt warm and fuzzy inside. It probably had more to do with what i had for dinner last night though...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 01:10 PM)jason Wrote: Looking for a big game from Adam Theilen as my fantasy team finds itself in must win situation... Also wouldn't mind if McKinnon is injured early on.

No! I need McKinnon to have a HUGE game!

As for this actual game itself I’ll take Zim’s team
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 01:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: See? It all came from the 'Marvin coaching tree'.. That's our feel good story take away of the year.. 

It's kind of like a peacetime general in charge of the accounting department saying that he never lost a single soldier in battle..

LOL....I think Zimmer was good before Cincy coaching under Bill Parcells and he brought that to Bengals and Vikings.  Also I think Jon and Jay Gruden knew some offense way before Jay came to Bengals.  ...but if Marvin and Bengals give you a warm fuzzy, enjoy it.  ...lol. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Looks like Zim is going to be without his best pass rusher, Griffen inactive. Advantage Gruden.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 01:35 PM)kevin Wrote: LOL....I think Zimmer was good before Cincy coaching under Bill Parcells and he brought that to Bengals and Vikings.  Also I think Jon and Jay Gruden knew some offense way before Jay came to Bengals.  ...but if Marvin and Bengals give you a warm fuzzy, enjoy it.  ...lol. 

Agree. Zim and Gruden learned under Parcells and Jon. I guess Hue is the first true Marv coaching tree. Paulie G. probably going to be on it someday too.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 01:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agree. Zim and Gruden learned under Parcells and Jon. I guess Hue is the first true Marv coaching tree. Paulie G. probably going to be on it someday too.

Two seasons, one of which was running Parcells 3-4.  If you don't want to give Marvin credit for Zimmer, that's fine.  But it shouldn't go to Parcells either.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 01:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Two seasons, one of which was running Parcells 3-4.  If you don't want to give Marvin credit for Zimmer, that's fine.  But it shouldn't go to Parcells either.

Zimmer himself considers Parcell's his NFL mentor. Go try to convince him he comes from Marv's tree.

“He probably taught me more about the game of football than most of the coaches I’ve been around, just his experience, the way he handles a team, the way he handles individuals, the way he handled me,” Zimmer said. “I want to make him proud for the job that I do.”

http://www.twincities.com/2015/12/18/vikings-mike-zimmer-still-learning-from-mentor-bill-parcells/
Reply/Quote