Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zimmer Head Coach
Minnesota Vikings defense is horrible! I would not want him as our HC maybe not even our DC. Everyone in the building new Kamara would be getting the ball and nobody on the Vikings could tackle. It makes me happy we have Zak and Lou. Zimmer has been there Zimmer has been to the playoffs 3 times in 7 years wining 2 out of 5 playoff games. They are on their way to a 6 game winning season after 7 years of being the head coach. I would rather take my chances with another year of Zak Taylor.
Reply/Quote
Uh it's the first time since 2010 that Zimmer hasn't coached a top 12 defense. Give me Zimmer everyday and twice on Sundays.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 10:44 PM)J24 Wrote: Uh it's the first time since 2010 that Zimmer hasn't coached a top 12 defense. Give me Zimmer everyday and twice on Sundays.

Agreed. Combine that with the facts that they have 10 people on the IR right now and they are ALL defensive players, and all 7 of their inactive players for today's game were inactive due to injury (3 LBs, 1 DE, all four started at least 5 games this year, 2 started at least 9, so not backup scrubs), not healthy scratches. That's after they got their defense pillaged in FA.

I'll bet on Zimmer having a good defense again next season. Easy money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Happy to have Lou?... Alright.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
OP is one the biggest trolls we've seen in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 11:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: OP is one the biggest trolls we've seen in a long time.

He’s had one too many rum and egg nogs today.

I’d love to have Zimmer as our HC. He would do his job and win games for us.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor 5-24-1, winless on the road, 2-9 in the division, players fighting with coaches on the sidelines and demanding trades, toxic locker room stories...

Vs

Mike Zimmer 63-46-1, 2-3 in playoffs, well respected around the league and capable of actually hiring good coordinators (like the guy who has the Browns 10-4), beloved in the city of Cincinnati, 26 years experience coaching in the NFL (compared to ZT’s 8)

But you’d prefer to stick with Taylor??

[Image: ChubbyWelldocumentedDungenesscrab-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 11:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: OP is one the biggest trolls we've seen in a long time.

I seriously suspect we have one or two of ZT’s family members here...

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 11:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously suspect we have one or two of ZT’s family members here...

Elizabeth Blackburn slipped a couple interns onto the board.  Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This thread is going to Around the NFL. Not only because it is speculation about Zimmer as a potential HC of the Bengals, but because the Bengals do not currently have a Head Coaching vacancy.

In the future, please keep these outlandish, fantasy notion threads to Around the NFL, or possibly Fantasy Leagues.. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 10:44 PM)J24 Wrote: Uh it's the first time since 2010 that Zimmer hasn't coached a top 12 defense. Give me Zimmer everyday and twice on Sundays.

Looks like Sundays are passing him.by as HC  in Minn.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 11:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Looks like Sundays are passing him.by as HC  in Minn.

Hilarious
J24

Reply/Quote
It is sad to see Minn wasting the talent of Cousins, Zimmer just can seem to find consistency as Head Coach, never made back to back playoffs yet, I think he would be fired if not for the big contract, my guess he starts slow next year he is replaced mid season.,
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 02:23 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is sad to see Minn wasting the talent of Cousins, Zimmer just can seem to find consistency as Head Coach, never made back to back playoffs yet, I think he would be fired if not for the big contract, my guess he starts slow next year he is replaced mid season.,

I think he may be replaced at the end of this season. He was given everything he wanted up in MN. Zimmer cannot use injuries as an excuse. Every team has injuries. I just think his message must be getting old or his defense does not work against these types of offenses. Paul Guenther was fired for the same ineffectiveness. I am amazed that Anarumo's defense has been playing this well even with the injuries plus losing Dunlap.
I hope Lou's defense is not capable of pulling off the upset of the Texans this week. I really want that 3rd pick draft slot.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 10:03 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I think he may be replaced at the end of this season. He was given everything he wanted up in MN. Zimmer cannot use injuries as an excuse. Every team has injuries. I just think his message must be getting old or his defense does not work against these types of offenses. Paul Guenther was fired for the same ineffectiveness. I am amazed that Anarumo's defense has been playing this well even with the injuries plus losing Dunlap.
I hope Lou's defense is not capable of pulling off the upset of the Texans this week. I really want that 3rd pick draft slot.

The Vikings defense was completely decimated with guys leaving in FA. They lost DT Linval Joseph, CB’s Trae Waynes/Xavier Rhodes/Mackenzie Alexander, and DE Everson Griffen. Ofc the defense would fall off a bit after losing that many guys in one offseason. And all they really added was DT Michael Pierce, and a bunch of rookies.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 09:52 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Minnesota Vikings defense is horrible! I would not want him as our HC maybe not even our DC. Everyone in the building new Kamara would be getting the ball and nobody on the Vikings could tackle. It makes me happy we have Zak and Lou. Zimmer has been there Zimmer has been to the playoffs 3 times in 7 years wining 2 out of 5 playoff games. They are on their way to a 6 game winning season after 7 years of being the head coach. I would rather take my chances with another year of Zak Taylor.

There's absolutely no reason to be happy with Zac Taylor and his 5 wins in 2 years, unless you are happy with losing a lot of games.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Vikings defense was completely decimated with guys leaving in FA. They lost DT Linval Joseph, CB’s Trae Waynes/Xavier Rhodes/Mackenzie Alexander, and DE Everson Griffen. Ofc the defense would fall off a bit after losing that many guys in one offseason. And all they really added was DT Michael Pierce, and a bunch of rookies.

Didn't Pierce opt out as well?
J24

Reply/Quote
I would take Zim every day over current ZT.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Vikings defense was completely decimated with guys leaving in FA. They lost DT Linval Joseph, CB’s Trae Waynes/Xavier Rhodes/Mackenzie Alexander, and DE Everson Griffen. Ofc the defense would fall off a bit after losing that many guys in one offseason. And all they really added was DT Michael Pierce, and a bunch of rookies.

Fall off a bit? how about collapsed, bengals have overcome more with injuries and departures than Vikings ...
Reply/Quote

You  have to wonder why their players were leaving the Vikings.

If Zim was such a great coach you would think he would be attracting FA not losing them.
Reply/Quote