Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zimmer Head Coach
(12-26-2020, 04:06 PM)J24 Wrote: Didn't Pierce opt out as well?

Actually you’re right. I was just looking through their big FA subtractions and saw he was the main addition on defense. Really does explain why they struggled.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 07:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Fall off a bit? how about collapsed, bengals have overcome more with injuries and departures than Vikings ...

The Bengals have overcome nothing. They have 3 wins.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 07:28 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: You  have to wonder why their players were leaving the Vikings.

If Zim was such a great coach you would think he would be attracting FA not losing them.

$$$

When teams like us massively overpay (like Waynes) that’s what happens. We can afford it because we have a QB on a rookie contract. There’s is making 33 million a year.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 08:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals have overcome nothing. They have 3 wins.

Just pointing out your excuse filled reasons for the worse defense in the league this year in Vikings 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just pointing out your excuse filled reasons for the worse defense in the league this year in Vikings 

They aren’t the worst. Even after that blowout loss to the Saints.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 01:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They aren’t the worst. Even after that blowout loss to the Saints.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense

Still pointing out you give Minn excuses for bad but Bengals dont count as excuses just try to be a bit more unbiased in comparison 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 12:46 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Still pointing out you give Minn excuses for bad but Bengals dont count as excuses just try to be a bit more unbiased in comparison 

Sure, if you try and actually get your facts right when making such statements.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure, if you try and actually get your facts right when making such statements.
I was wrong on worse just almost worse then but not on how you ignored Bengals issues on Def and their ability to overcome to get better this year.
Reply/Quote
There are a couple of things I would like to point out in this thread:

As for the demise of the Vikings defense due to FA losses, if I recall correctly the losses were due to lack of cap space.

As for the performance of the current Vikings defenders, when questioned early on in the season about the turnover and poor performance, Zimmer went on record that the defense would not be a problem because he has never had a bad defense. He stated he had the right guys in the right places and they would recover quickly. After the defense continued to be a problem for the duration of the season, he recently stated it is the worst defense that he has ever coached, and threw the players under the bus.

I find it interesting that so many wanted to skewer Taylor and Turner (rightfully so) for stating the oline would be fine, then ultimately confessing it wasn't good enough and making changes; yet defending Zimmer for essentially doing the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 02:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: There are a couple of things I would like to point out in this thread:

As for the demise of the Vikings defense due to FA losses, if I recall correctly the losses were due to lack of cap space.

As for the performance of the current Vikings defenders, when questioned early on in the season about the turnover and poor performance, Zimmer went on record that the defense would not be a problem because he has never had a bad defense.  He stated he had the right guys in the right places and they would recover quickly.  After the defense continued to be a problem for the duration of the season, he recently stated it is the worst defense that he has ever coached, and threw the players under the bus.

I find it interesting that so many wanted to skewer Taylor and Turner (rightfully so) for stating the oline would be fine, then ultimately confessing it wasn't good enough and making changes; yet defending Zimmer for essentially doing the same thing.

Zimmer kind of has a track record of good defenses. Taylor and Turner don't have those skins on the wall. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He has a track record of Marvin
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has a track record of Marvin

What does that even mean? He’s won more playoff games without Marvin.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does that even mean? He’s won more playoff games without Marvin.

Both had good teams but neither were able to be consistent,  Marvin did not get it done in playoffs and Zimmet has not been able to get to playoffs for 2 yrs straight. That is what it means.. am I factually wrong ??
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Both had good teams but neither were able to be consistent,  Marvin did not get it done in playoffs and Zimmet has not been able to get to playoffs for 2 yrs straight. That is what it means.. am I factually wrong ??

Yes. You usually are. Zimmer has had plenty of success without Marvin. That’s a fact.

Reply/Quote