Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer going after Bengals players ( of course)
Not surprising.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/07/report-vikings-reach-out-to-a-few-of-mike-zimmers-former-players/

Iloka, Nelson, Rey.

Im sure Zimmer wants all of them but most importantly Nelson or Iloka. IMO He can have Iloka and overpay.

Bengals need to keep Nelson, he has gotten so much better as the years have gone on. Id say he has 3-4 more years left. Id take that over Iloka who cant catch an interception to save his life and admits it, and gets hurt easily.
Reply/Quote
Didn't the Vikings make the playoffs? Why the hell would they be trying to bring in FA's? Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 10:06 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Not surprising.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/07/report-vikings-reach-out-to-a-few-of-mike-zimmers-former-players/

Iloka, Nelson, Rey.

Im sure Zimmer wants all of them but most importantly Nelson or Iloka. IMO He can have Iloka and overpay.

Bengals need to keep Nelson, he has gotten so much better as the years have gone on. Id say he has 3-4 more years left. Id take that over Iloka who cant catch an interception to save his life and admits it, and gets hurt easily.

I think the Vikes just spent like $4 mil a year on whoever their safety is opposite Harrison so don't know how much they can afford to spend on another safety. 

I don't think the guy is great but don't know how you spend that much on a guy to go a few days later and spend even more on his replacement
Reply/Quote
lol. they were playing with two safetys off and on to pair with Harrison Smith.....They need another bad.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 10:15 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I think the Vikes just spent like $4 mil a year on whoever their safety is opposite Harrison so don't know how much they can afford to spend on another safety. 

I don't think the guy is great but don't know how you spend that much on a guy to go a few days later and spend even more on his replacement

false.....they are trying to find a safety to pair with him. They had a merry go round and the other saftey postiion.
Reply/Quote

Iloka, Nelson, Rey.

Not sure how you can pay one of the best young safties in the NFL. But okay.
And Nelson's time is coming to an end. He made some great ball hawking plays, but watch him using angles on offensive players and then come talk to me. He struggled in numerous plays. Great ball hawker, but you could see games where his age was showing.

Iloka > Nelson.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 10:16 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: false.....they are trying to find a safety to pair with him. They had a merry go round and the other saftey postiion.

True...4 years $16 mil for their starting strong safety from last year. Doesn't mean they couldn't sign another but would be a lot of money tied up in the safety spot
Reply/Quote
^^^^^ WOLF

I understand you like youth right now, but Id take Nelson over Iloka any day. Hes a leader and his experience in the NFL is amazing especially since being traded from Jacksonville to us. Hes become phenomenal. Iloka is eating off the plate reggie served up. Iloka didnt come this far on his own.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 10:22 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: ^^^^^ WOLF  

I understand you like youth right now, but Id take Nelson over Iloka any day. Hes a leader and his experience in the NFL is amazing especially since being traded from Jacksonville to us. Hes become phenomenal. Iloka is eating off the plate reggie served up. Iloka didnt come this far on his own.

I agree. I think Nelson should be a bigger priority. He is the type of guy who will probably coach a secondary after he retires. He has a lot of experience and is truly the leader of the secondary. I think he has a lot to do with the Iloka progression. Keep Reggie. He deserves to retire a Bengal. I think he has 2 or 3 years of top notch play left before we should hire him on as a coach.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 10:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Didn't the Vikings make the playoffs?  Why the hell would they be trying to bring in FA's? Ninja

I think they were one and done and didn't like the taste of it. Ninja

Super Bowl or bust baby!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 10:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I think they were one and done and didn't like the taste of it. Ninja

Super Bowl or bust baby!

Did anyone tell Zimmer that FA's are for the Buccaneers and Browns?
Reply/Quote
Tbh, If I am them..

I go to the Vikings, Mike Zimmer is the coach everyone wants..

He has control over his team and is one of the best defensive minds in the league and was an amazing coach for the Bengals.. I wouldn't hate the former defensive Bengals players that want to join the Vikings, I would too if I was in their shoes..

Let's just hope the Bengals resign them before the Vikings can get a hold on them :)
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote

Iloka, Nelson, Rey.

And why wouldn't the Vikings reach out to some of the players that Zimmer hand picked to fit his scheme?

Bengals missed their opportunity to make him the Head Coach...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Anywhere but the Browns at this point. For all our free agents.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 11:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And why wouldn't the Vikings reach out to some of the players that Zimmer hand picked to fit his scheme?

Bengals missed their opportunity to make him the Head Coach...

never said they wouldnt, any NFL team should be looking at any of our free agents cept for Tate, which we signed with the quickness lol.

Are you happy teams are poaching our 2nd tier players and one 1st tier player?  Im not......I want the FO to resign them. especially the leader of our secondary who is one of the most underrated safeties in the game ( nelson)
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 12:34 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: never said they wouldnt, any NFL team should be looking at any of our free agents cept for Tate, which we signed with the quickness lol.

Are you happy teams are poaching our 2nd tier players and one 1st tier player?  Im not......I want the FO to resign them. especially the leader of our secondary who is one of the most underrated safeties in the game ( nelson)

No, not happy about it at all.  However, I do have the sense to realize that there is simply not enough money to pay them all what they want.  If I were doing the picking and choosing, I would say to pay Iloka and Adam Jones.  I feel like Shawn Williams showed enough to take over the SS spot, as he is better in coverage than Iloka.  Iloka is a Star at FS, and he should be kept for the good of the team.  I also feel like Adam Jones brings an energizing aura that sort of stabilizes the rest of the secondary.  He is worth paying, as well.  That is not to say that I wouldn't love to see Reggie Nelson finish his NFL career as a Bengal, as this is where is played his best ball.  I would like to see Marvin Jones kept by the team, but I think that the market will be just too rich for a player of his talents, to take a Bengals friendly offer.  Though, I would much rather see the team pay ML Jones over Sanu.  Sanu has unique talents, but not as an overwhelming force as a go to receiver.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Now THAT'S a team that is going for it. And just think, he could have been OUR coach! Can't wait for Hue to grab some of our other guys too!

But hey at least we have TATE!!!

ANd you betcha we are going to pay DreK EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS,

We are also going to resign Hawk to an e..x..t..e..n..s..i..o..n

why you may ask?

Because Mikey is loyal to a ***** FAULT!

Reply/Quote
Why shouldn't Zimmer go after our defensive talent. We're making so easy by pinching pennies and since Zim knows full well that we won't counter an offer he doesn't even have to offer top dollar. All he's gotta do is ask how much are the Bengals offering and upping by $500K and he's gotta deal.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 01:44 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Now THAT'S a team that is going for it. And just think, he could have been OUR coach! Can't wait for Hue to grab some of our other guys too!

But hey at least we have TATE!!!

ANd you betcha we are going to pay DreK EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS,

We are also going to resign Hawk to an e..x..t..e..n..s..i..o..n

why you may ask?

Because Mikey is loyal to a ***** FAULT!

Is that loyalty or stupidity. You don't have to be stupid to be loyal. How about being loyal to the team and putting the best guys out there?

It's like he's loyal to the cheap ones, as for the more talented ones, well, let someone else pay those guys. That's sorta the mantra this year so far.

Reply/Quote
Exciting coach, new billion $ stadium, Vikes are HOT HOT HOT..you would have to be stupid to not want to go there.

I mean c'mon
http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium/

Reply/Quote