Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer going after Bengals players ( of course)
I have found out that Stats never tell thge story when they differ with one's opinion. I've always found stats to be indicitive of performance.

As to the Nelson/Iloka debate: In the 2015 NFL season Reggie Nelson was a better Safety than George Iloka.  You can look at stats, PFF rankings, or any other dynamic besides opinion.

Now ask me which Safety I would place a higher priority on signing and it will be George Iloka; mainly because 2015 is over and Reggie is much older.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have found out that Stats never tell thge story when they differ with one's opinion. I've always found Film to be indicitive of performance.

Same.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 04:15 PM)Stormborn Wrote:  Same.

Lots of folks watch film. Some even do it for a living:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Reply/Quote
The irony right now is thick
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of folks watch film. Some even do it for a living:

Oh snap.
Reply/Quote
Fact is Ilokas abilty to play center field allows Nelson to roam and play closer to the line. They really compliment each other.

That being said I think it's harder to find a 6'4 225lb center field safety that can flip his hips and run with anyone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Looks like the Vikings are indeed getting ready to make some noise.  I read earlier that they dumped Mike Wallace, freeing up another 11.4M..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
hands-off-the-merchandise.png (368×368)
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 08:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Fact is Ilokas abilty to play center field allows Nelson to roam and play closer to the line. They really compliment each other.

That being said I think it's harder to find a 6'4 225lb center field safety that can flip his hips and run with anyone.

But stats! 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 09:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But stats! 

I suppose there is nothing wrong with being childish if you want, but stats were just one qualifier used to support the position of Nelson being a better Safety than Iloka last year,

Ratings from a professional film review/assessment source and All-Pro/ Pro-Bowl votes/nominations were a couple others. While the only thing used to support the position that Iloka was a better Safety was 'I watched film" and childish replies. 

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose there is nothing wrong with being childish if you want, but stats were just one qualifier used to support the position of Nelson being a better Safety than Iloka last year,

Ratings from a professional film review/assessment source and All-Pro/ Pro-Bowl votes/nominations were a couple others. While the only thing used to support the position that Iloka was a better Safety was 'I watched film" and childish replies. 

But this snark laden post isn't childish? 
Or are you above all that? 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of folks watch film. Some even do it for a living:

Except they have no idea what a player's assignment is on each play.  Kinda hard to grade players if you don't know that.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 11:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Except they have no idea what a player's assignment is on each play.  Kinda hard to grade players if you don't know that.

I'd imagine they would, at a minimum, have a better idea than a fan watching on TV.   But if we can't use film and a professional analysis of it we will just have to go with stats and Pro Bowl/All Pro voting. 

Reply/Quote