Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer in the hot seat
I somewhat get not wanting any retreads, but I don’t know that I’d say it’s lazy. The Patriots brought back Josh McDaniels after a failed stint as HC, and they don’t get too much wrong up there. Big picture wise anyway. They’ve won 3 Super Bowls since bringing him back. None while he was gone. So it seems it was a good move.

That’s just one example ofc, but I’d say it depends on the coach/player and the situation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
For those who aren't sold on Zimmer's offensive acumen, I'd like to point out that his rolodex of NFL coaches is significant. Offensive minds like Gary Kubiak have been willing to work with Zimmer in Minnesota. If he can be sold on the organizational structure (big IF - Tobin and crew may he viewed as widowmakers for coaching careers at this point), then he should be able to bring in some competent coordinators/assistants. 

If Zimmer is available as a HC he has to at least make the short list of potential hires IMO. I'd swap him for Taylor yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
I hope they fire him and we hire him
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya but he's won playoff games and we went from losing playoff games without him to looking down the barrel of a 5th losing season in a row. 

Didn't he just win the one playoff game on the miracle catch and lose a couple on missed FG's?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's won playoff games, of which no Bengals HC has done in 30 decades. So Zimmer would be fine.
Zimmer doesn't need to be a QB whisperer to turn Burrow into a top talent. That's what hiring the right QB coach and OC are for.
Also, I didn't say Burrow didn't need any improvement, I just said not much. Needing improvement on deep throws is not "a lot" in my opinion.

It certainly feels that long. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:40 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It certainly feels that long. 

That's what she said
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:36 AM)McC Wrote: Didn't he just win the one playoff game on the miracle catch and lose a couple on missed FG's?

Yea I recall them missing that 29 yard fg or something to lose one to the Seahawks. 
Reply/Quote
They literally just gave im a 3 year contract extension in July...along with Cousins. They are kind of stuck with both for atleast a couple years.
Reply/Quote