Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
about to drop Netflix
At least for a few months. Once shows like Narcos & Stranger Things gets a new season added, I will sub again to watch those.

I am scouring through all the recently added stuff just like I did a month ago, and month ago prior to that, and its mostly B-level stuff. Yeah there good movies on there, but I have already seen them at one point or another. I dont know, it just doesnt seem worth it paying $9 every month anymore, but more like 3-4 months out of the year. Especially when I have HBO which has a ton more better movies & it's series on its HBO app for my pc & xbox.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have Netflix and haven't watched it in months. I should probably cancel too. Just seems like every time I go there, I don't see anything I want to watch and I don't have time for any series. Although I do miss Orange is the new black. Haven't watched it in 2 years.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 11:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have Netflix and haven't watched it in months. I should probably cancel too. Just seems like every time I go there, I don't see anything I want to watch and I don't have time for any series. Although I do miss Orange is the new black. Haven't watched it in 2 years.

Yeah I like OITNB too. But that wont be coming out til summer I am guessing like the others have. 

I also used to watch documentaries on there too, but after exploring utube some, I have found there are a ton more on there to watch overall for free. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Watch the new Chappelle first! That dude cracks me up.
Reply/Quote
They're also getting rid of a ton of TV shows and movies. It seems Netflix is focusing more on their own shows and movies rather than ones that have been made already.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah netflix gets pretty bland after a while I would say.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I dutifully pay Netflix every month and rarely watch it....last place I go after exhausting my DVR on newly released on-demand.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
New Chapelle is on their and Mystery Science Theather 3000 season 1...
Reply/Quote
I actually find I use it for series more than anything. It is the only thing my wife tends to watch. We go through and look for old series we never watched and it has been great. We also have really enjoyed a lot of the Netflix originals so that has been helpful in finding things to watch. You go through dry spells, but that is mainly because oyu binge watch these series and go through them quicker than normal TV.
Reply/Quote
I keep mine the wife uses it when I play games and my buddy uses my account.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 11:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have Netflix and haven't watched it in months. I should probably cancel too. Just seems like every time I go there, I don't see anything I want to watch and I don't have time for any series. Although I do miss Orange is the new black. Haven't watched it in 2 years.

We all miss John Boehner.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Grace and Frankie was my favorite Netflix show. I might re-up for a month to watch the new season. I have been w/o it for a year or so and not missed it.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 12:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually find I use it for series more than anything. It is the only thing my wife tends to watch. We go through and look for old series we never watched and it has been great. We also have really enjoyed a lot of the Netflix originals so that has been helpful in finding things to watch. You go through dry spells, but that is mainly because oyu binge watch these series and go through them quicker than normal TV.

Same for me. I've had it for a year now, and have yet to struggle to find something to enjoy. However, I only have it on for a few hours per week.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 01:23 PM)xxlt Wrote: Grace and Frankie was my favorite Netflix show. I might re-up for a month to watch the new season. I have been w/o it for a year or so and not missed it.

Dude. You need to check out the Eddie pepitone stand up special on there. It's right in your wheelhouse.

I've seen a lot of his stuff, this is his best across a long career. Way better than the new Chappelle specials imo.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 01:31 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Dude.   You need to check out the Eddie pepitone stand up special on there.  It's right in your wheelhouse.

I've seen a lot of his stuff, this is his best across a long career.  Way better than the new Chappelle specials imo.

Not familiar with Pepitone, but I am a big Chappelle fan - so you have set the bar high with that praise. If and when I do the $9 splurge I will look up Mr. Pepitone. Thanks man!
Reply/Quote
I watch enough of the original programs to justify having it. But we also still get blu-rays through the mail with our plan. Having a six year old and a one year old makes it hard to get to the theater, and the turnaround time from theater to Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/whatever streaming  can take forever. So the blu-rays allow me to stay (somewhat) up to date.
Reply/Quote
So I started re watching all the seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia......worth the price of Netflix by itself. Show is so great without commercials.
Reply/Quote