Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any news on Dansby
Bengals.com article says plans are to finish negotiations with Lafell and Dansby within the week and a then move toward the draft
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 10:55 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Bengals.com article says plans are to finish negotiations with Lafell and Dansby within the week and a then move toward the draft

Where?  I couldn't find it, but that's good news.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 04:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Where?  I couldn't find it, but that's good news.

Bengals.com the very end of Ideas and Influences. I really believe these deals get done. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 05:09 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Bengals.com the very end of Ideas and Influences. I really believe these deals get done. Just my opinion.

I like it  ThumbsUp

If they're here working on contracts and we're working on it as the main priority heading into the draft, then I see no reason why it won't get done.

Opens up our draft a bit  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 10:55 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Bengals.com article says plans are to finish negotiations with Lafell and Dansby within the week and a then move toward the draft

Lafell and Dansby would be great veteran additions to the Bengals roster.  C'mon Bengals, let's get these deals done!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 09:23 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I mean they've always been tight lipped about free agent information but it's been days since they visited. So my guess is they left without any offers.

Quit being such a sad sack YXD.

I bet Dansby, Reggie and Lafell sign tomorrow. It is Easter afterall. We wouldn't here anything until Monday.

I knew this last week.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Quit being such a sad sack YXD.

I bet Dansby, Reggie and Lafell sign tomorrow. It is Easter afterall. We wouldn't here anything until Monday.

I knew this last week.

Agreed, Monday | Tuesday would be the days with travel being impossible during this time...

[Image: tumblr_likmsbsY0M1qgt3ngo1_500.gif]

I'm sure it also co-insides the players union as well...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 02:40 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Agreed, Monday | Tuesday would be the days with travel being impossible during this time...

[Image: tumblr_likmsbsY0M1qgt3ngo1_500.gif]

I'm sure it also co-insides the players union as well...

You are great man. Planes, Trains and Automoblies...

Dale Griffith. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 05:09 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Bengals.com the very end of Ideas and Influences. I really believe these deals get done. Just my opinion.

Yep. Here's the actual last line of the article...
Geoff Hobson Wrote:_The Bengals’ immediate plan looks pretty clear. Finish off negotiations with veteran wide receiver Brandon LaFell and veteran linebacker Karlos Dansby in the next week or so and head into the draft.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Influence-and-ideas/f6b4750d-530e-4020-9ad5-7ded42c8ae69

"Finish off negotiations" doesn't necessarily mean that these deals are going to happen. It might just mean that if they can work something out, great. If not, they will not look to sign any more FAs until after the draft. Fingers crossed it means the former though!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
if they had left their would have been mention of it...

So i assume both are in town still
Reply/Quote
When visits are announced/confirmed they are gone. Dansby and Lafell are long gone. Doesn't mean signings won't happen tho, but typically in free agency, Bengals/Hobs don't discuss visit. They just confirm them when they leave.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

I'm at a loss on how it takes multiple weeks to negotiate and get two players that were released under contract.

I mean you either offer them a deal or not.  I wouldn't be shocked if 3 weeks from now we'll see tweets again saying were close to deals with Dansby and LaFell.

Sign these guys or just move the hell on....
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 09:02 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm at a loss on how it takes multiple weeks to negotiate and get two players that were released under contract.

Look around.  there are dozens of unsigned free agents.

The idea that teams just hand out blank checks or that agents take the first offer from a team does not match reality.
Reply/Quote
Hobson tweeted a statement saying things have heated up with Dansby so it sounds like something could be announced as soon as today.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 09:02 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm at a loss on how it takes multiple weeks to negotiate and get two players that were released under contract.

I mean you either offer them a deal or not.  I wouldn't be shocked if 3 weeks from now we'll see tweets again saying were close to deals with Dansby and LaFell.

you really need to chill..

Bengals make an offer that fits into their budget... Players agent makes a counteroffer and it goes back and forth untill they either agree or walk away.

Players dont always sign the first offer presented and teams dont pay players everything they want.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: you really need to chill..

Bengals make an offer that fits into their budget... Players agent makes a counteroffer and it goes back and forth untill they either agree or walk away.

Players dont always sign the first offer presented and teams dont pay players everything they want.

True. We won't really know what's going on until we see Dansby and/or Lafell sign somewhere (else).
As long as they are still out there, all we can do is hope, I guess.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago

The #Bengals are signing LB Karlos Dansby today, source said. The former #Browns defender visited last week.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 11:52 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago

The #Bengals are signing LB Karlos Dansby today, source said. The former #Browns defender visited last week.

[Image: 58717347.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

You are really struggling with this I see.  Perhaps this will help.  You should probably realize that there is a LOT more that goes into contract negotiations than simply the years, and overall contract amounts.  There are off season workout bonuses, performance escalators based on a number of different scenarios.  Such as percentage of snaps played, seasonal stats, etc.  Most contracts even have language in them concerning the players personal time and the restrictions the teams place on the players as to what they can and cannot do.  Not every team will have the same restrictions, and even each player may differ from one contract to the next within the same team.  Sometimes the language needs to be clarified after reading the initial contract etc.   

(just a hypothetical situation)  Lets say the Bengals have a clause in the contract that forbids the player from participating in any skateboarding activity.  But a player has a child that is really into skateboarding.  Does the wording of "not participating in ANY skateboarding activity" include them not being able to enter the skate park with their child?  When you're signing a contract for millions of dollars, I think one would want to know 100% for sure what defines "any skateboarding activity" before signing, only to find out later you breached the contract.

The world is not as simple as you seem to think it is, or think it should be.
Reply/Quote
There's also the fact that the player may be on the other side of the country with prior engagements, and just hasn't been able to get down to PBS to sign yet...
Reply/Quote