Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bfinal Mock
I used to get in numerous mocks but as the team improves I mock less and less. WTS I wanted to get one in (I don't count The Dreaded) before the real thing.

To make it as realistic as possible I used Chad Reuter's latest 7-Rd (https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-round-1) and only selected players who were available.

RD 1 EMMANUEL FORBES - CB (6’1”/166)
[Image: OIF.GltTVvqbkDQZnWFlrtPv0g?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
I dub Manny “The Slim Swiper” as he managed 15 INTs in only 3 years and leaves the FBS with the all time record of 6 pick-sixes. His thin-frame indicates he would do much in run support but he did manage 109 tackles in his time at Oxford.

RD 2 KEEANU BENTON - DT (6’4”/309)
[Image: USATSI_17058613_168386526_lowres.jpg]
One thing I like to see in a D-Lineman is a wrestling background. And KB left High School with a 48-2 record. He is strong and athletic. He can anchor in the run game and managed 7 sacks over the last 2 years.

RD3 DEVON ACHANE- RB (5’9”/188)
[Image: DevonAchane.jpeg]
Anybody want James Brooks back? Well DA is as close as we’re going to get. He was the fastest man in College Football last year and will be toward the top in the NFL. Although small, he runs hard. Also a great asset in the passing game and an elite KR

RD4  DAVIS ALLEN (6’6”/245)
[Image: 0038894-umek-640x360.jpg]
DA has 10” vaccums on the end of each arm. He was under utilized at Clemson, but lined up In-line, H-Back, Slot, and Wide out. He has the flexibility and character (permanent Team Captain) Zac loves.

RD5 ANDREW VORHEES  - IOL (6’6” 310)
[Image: rrxl11crnf0usggx66s8]
AW has drawn comparison to Quenten Nelson in both size and production. He was slated to be the 1st IOL to come off the board before he tore up his knee at the Combine. Pollard wants a “glass eater”. This dude put up 38 reps at the combine AFTER he tore his ACL

RD6 ALI GAYE – EDGE (6’6”, 263)
[Image: OIP.QtuTqkrFpIjAFAJEuWmCPQHaE7?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
AG took the JUCO route to LSU, but once he got there he made an impacy. In 2020 he had 32 tackles and 9.5 of those were behind the LOS. 21 was wiped out by injury and 22 AG  was named permanent Team Captain and saw similar production to 20.  

RD7 JAKE WITT – OT (6’7”/302)
[Image: OIF.PS4qXnjUkVtaFIgI2ndAmA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
Witt has played football for a total of 2 years. He started as a TE and after 6 games moved to RT due to injury. If JW would have gotten a combine invite. He would have topped the charts in everything but the bench for OL’s. There’s no way JW sees the field this year but he’s one you develop for 2024
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well done. I would be more than content with that draft as it's got a little bit of everything, players to play this year, as well as players for the future.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I used to get in numerous mocks but as the team improves I mock less and less. WTS I wanted to get one in (I don't count The Dreaded) before the real thing.

To make it as realistic as possible I used Chad Reuter's latest 7-Rd (https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-round-1) and only selected players who were available.

RD 1 EMMANUEL FORBES - CB (6’1”/166)
[Image: OIF.GltTVvqbkDQZnWFlrtPv0g?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
I dub Manny “The Slim Swiper” as he managed 15 INTs in only 3 years and leaves the FBS with the all time record of 6 pick-sixes. His thin-frame indicates he would do much in run support but he did manage 109 tackles in his time at Oxford.

RD 2 KEEANU BENTON - DT (6’4”/309)
[Image: USATSI_17058613_168386526_lowres.jpg]
One thing I like to see in a D-Lineman is a wrestling background. And KB left High School with a 48-2 record. He is strong and athletic. He can anchor in the run game and managed 7 sacks over the last 2 years.

RD3 DEVON ACHANE- RB (5’9”/188)
[Image: DevonAchane.jpeg]
Anybody want James Brooks back? Well DA is as close as we’re going to get. He was the fastest man in College Football last year and will be toward the top in the NFL. Although small, he runs hard. Also a great asset in the passing game and an elite KR

RD4  DAVIS ALLEN (6’6”/245)
[Image: 0038894-umek-640x360.jpg]
DA has 10” vaccums on the end of each arm. He was under utilized at Clemson, but lined up In-line, H-Back, Slot, and Wide out. He has the flexibility and character (permanent Team Captain) Zac loves.

RD5 ANDREW VORHEES  - IOL (6’6” 310)
[Image: rrxl11crnf0usggx66s8]
AW has drawn comparison to Quenten Nelson in both size and production. He was slated to be the 1st IOL to come off the board before he tore up his knee at the Combine. Pollard wants a “glass eater”. This dude put up 38 reps at the combine AFTER he tore his ACL

RD6 ALI GAYE – EDGE (6’6”, 263)
[Image: OIP.QtuTqkrFpIjAFAJEuWmCPQHaE7?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
AG took the JUCO route to LSU, but once he got there he made an impacy. In 2020 he had 32 tackles and 9.5 of those were behind the LOS. 21 was wiped out by injury and 22 AG  was named permanent Team Captain and saw similar production to 20.  

RD7 JAKE WITT – OT (6’7”/302)
[Image: OIF.PS4qXnjUkVtaFIgI2ndAmA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
Witt has played football for a total of 2 years. He started as a TE and after 6 games moved to RT due to injury. If JW would have gotten a combine invite. He would have topped the charts in everything but the bench for OL’s. There’s no way JW sees the field this year but he’s one you develop for 2024

Cool way to mock. I'll play. 

1. Forbes, CB (Mayer, Murphy, & Gibbs tempting). 
2. D. Jones, OT (after all my b!tching about OT not being a need, too; Brents would habe been the pick if I did not go CB already; Bentin a good pick, too. Lot if the TEs gone.  
3. Tuli Tuipulotu, DE. (And for the second round in a row, a nice player at the position I addressed previously falls, in Freeland at OT). Almost went for Strange at TE. 
4. Davis Allen, TE. 
5. Chandler Zavala, OG. 
6. Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR. Same as Rueter. 
7. Olu Oluwatimi, C. 

I call Adam Torsak first thing as I am making my pick in the 7th.  

Regrets: not getting a TE sooner. 
Reply/Quote
What can I say Bfine? Love this Draft, all the players and where you took them. Hope it goes down like this. Great job. Rock On
Reply/Quote
You could end this draft after the 1st 4 picks and it's already A+. Great mock bfine. Joe
Reply/Quote
Ali Gaye is a freak of nature too. Vorhees and a tackle named Witt. I dig it
Reply/Quote