Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bfine-al Mock
(04-27-2022, 02:52 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: We are talking about Seattle right? The 9th pick from trading Wilson? Now they only have the one 1st and could be trading back up, but they do have a 1st rounder.

My mistake, I forgot that they got the 1st round pick in the trade. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 03:24 PM)pulses Wrote: We're not "overvaluing anything" when you're trading with a team and you're allowing them to go back into the 1st round to get the 5th year option on the most expensive position in football (QB) it's gonna COST THEM. Dropping back 9 spots and swapping 3rd's is laughable.

Okey Dokey..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 03:29 PM)Synric Wrote: BFine used the trade value chart which is exactly what you are supposed to do when making a mock draft. I believe a team should also give up a little value to grab a QB at the end of round 1 but using the Chart makes the Mock Draft Authentic.

To the OP: I'm a huge Perrion Winfrey fan big with long arms and so fast of the ball. I remember mentioning Alontae Taylor in a thread you posted Bfine about a mock draft site that had Taylor in the 200s. Guy is fast and has that length that can make a CB special. One thing I dont like is a Punter I know Araiza is a good punter but fo many good ones are UDFA to spend a mid round pick on one.
Thanks for explaining trade value. Hell I'd bfine with Perrion or Hall at 31. If we could get either at 40 and move up 23 spots in the 3rd; I wouldn't consider it a "favor". Sure we could probably also get a little more depending on how motivated the team is. But if we're to expensive they can trade with KC.

Our best 5th RDer in recent history was a kicker...I'd be curious to see how many late 5th rounders actually stick with a club for more than a couple years.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for explaining trade value. Hell I'd bfine with Perrion or Hall at 31. If we could get either at 40 and move up 23 spots in the 3rd; I wouldn't consider it a "favor". Sure we could probably also get a little more depending on how motivated the team is. But if we're to expensive they can trade with KC.

Our best 5th RDer in recent history was a kicker...I'd be curious to see how many late 5th rounders actually stick with a club for more than a couple years.

To be fair, that was one hell of a kicker. We also had Jones and Iloka so its not like we never hit there. Kareem has been solid depth, and wom us the Denver game.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 05:00 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: To be fair, that was one hell of a kicker. We also had Jones and Iloka so its not like we never hit there. Kareem has been solid depth, and wom us the Denver game.

Araiza had 2 punts is excess of 80 yards this year. Since 2013 there has only been 1 in the NFL. A punt of over 80 yards has you punting from your 10 and punting your opponent inside their 10. I seriously doubt he makes it to the end of the 5th,

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 05:00 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: To be fair, that was one hell of a kicker. We also had Jones and Iloka so its not like we never hit there. Kareem has been solid depth, and wom us the Denver game.

Uzomah and Huber were also 5th rounders.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 05:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Uzomah and Huber were also 5th rounders.  

And Huber has arguably been the best of the bunch 

Reply/Quote
If we gave up a 1st round pick for no extra picks, I would puke. No thanks as the deeper we go into a draft, the more likely the miss. I know we can find an instant starter/upgrade at pick #31 and get a 5th year option, not so sure at pick #40.

I understand this is a mock, but the problem is once we trade #31, we have no idea what two 2nd or 3rd  round guys are available. Both of the guys could be long gone which makes it very risky for us.

At a minimum, if we trade out of #31, (our first round), I want an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick.
The rest of your draft has nothing to do with a trade.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 05:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If we gave up a 1st round pick for no extra picks, I would puke. No thanks as the deeper we go into a draft, the more likely the miss. I know we can find an instant starter/upgrade at pick #31 and get a 5th year option, not so sure at pick #40.

I understand this is a mock, but the problem is once we trade #31, we have no idea what two 2nd or 3rd  round guys are available. Both of the guys could be long gone which makes it very risky for us.

At a minimum, if we trade out of #31, (our first round), I want an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick.
The rest of your draft has nothing to do with a trade.

I think the thing in this draft is that Winfrey would be the OP's pick if he couldn't trade out of 31.  By that logic, anything he can get and still get Winfrey is effectively free money.

My issue is moreso that if you're going to move up, it has to be either to fill a need or get a value.  He really did neither.  Anderson will likely take years to adjust to the speed of the game and learn all the aspects of the playbook required for the Swiss Army Knife he envisions.  That's compounded by a big reach for Taylor in the 2nd, who just doesn't show the make up speed on the field that his 40 would lead you believe he has.  He comes out of Day 2 with the #56, 82, and 102 prospects on the consensus big board, so he very likely could have just stayed put and got the same guys and had the option year on Winfrey.  

Apart from that, no S really kills this one for me. We literally don't have a 53 man rosterable S under contract for next year, so even if the plan is to re-up Bates and Bell, you have to at least take a flyer for depth on Day 3.
Reply/Quote
This was the best mock draft that made sense I've seen on this forum this year! I was all for a 1. trade back, 2. a 3T, 3. a returner, and 4. Matt Araiza. Your draft met all the priorities I saw for this team. My ideal was Logan Hall for 3T and Marcus Jones for Returner; but Winfrey and Melton are equals. I hope this happens!!!
Reply/Quote
Nicely done Bfine. Love the trade and Winfrey as you know. Like Taylor and Troy Andersen is a new name I have not heard
of and I love the intrigue behind such a versatile player. Melton has grown on me and as you say fits and is exactly what our
ST's coach Simmons says he wants in this Draft as a dangerous Punt Returner that scares teams, can also play WR.

Well done Bfine once again, hope my last Mocks tonight are close to this good. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 07:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think the thing in this draft is that Winfrey would be the OP's pick if he couldn't trade out of 31.  By that logic, anything he can get and still get Winfrey is effectively free money.

My issue is moreso that if you're going to move up, it has to be either to fill a need or get a value.  He really did neither.  Anderson will likely take years to adjust to the speed of the game and learn all the aspects of the playbook required for the Swiss Army Knife he envisions.  That's compounded by a big reach for Taylor in the 2nd, who just doesn't show the make up speed on the field that his 40 would lead you believe he has.  He comes out of Day 2 with the #56, 82, and 102 prospects on the consensus big board, so he very likely could have just stayed put and got the same guys and had the option year on Winfrey.  

Apart from that, no S really kills this one for me. We literally don't have a 53 man rosterable S under contract for next year, so even if the plan is to re-up Bates and Bell, you have to at least take a flyer for depth on Day 3.

Solid assessment and  I agree with Safety being a missed  need. I do hope that if we get a guy like AT to step in, then we can look at seeing what Tre Flowers has at the Safety position. He's a perfect candidate to make the move.  

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Araiza had 2 punts is excess of 80 yards this year. Since 2013 there has only been 1 in the NFL. A punt of over 80 yards has you punting from your 10 and punting your opponent inside their 10. I seriously doubt he makes it to the end of the 5th,

His over/under is pick 117 right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 07:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think the thing in this draft is that Winfrey would be the OP's pick if he couldn't trade out of 31.  By that logic, anything he can get and still get Winfrey is effectively free money.

Yeah I've been hearing Taylor is a 4th round grade recently.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 09:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Solid assessment and  I agree with Safety being a missed  need. I do hope that if we get a guy like AT to step in, then we can look at seeing what Tre Flowers has at the Safety position. He's a perfect candidate to make the move.  

Dane Belton the safety from Iowa is currently a late 5th/6th round grade and he's only 21 and was first team all big ten last year. He may be a nice sleeper.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nicely done Bfine. Love the trade and  Winfrey as you know. Like Taylor and Troy Andersen is a new name I have not heard
of and I love the intrigue behind such a versatile player. Melton has grown on me and as you say fits and is exactly what our
ST's coach Simmons says he wants in this Draft as a dangerous Punt Returner that scares teams, can also play WR.

Well done Bfine once again, hope my last Mocks tonight are close to this good. Rock On

Troy Anderson is going to make who ever drafts him, very happy! Guy is a beast!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Troy Anderson is going to make who ever drafts him, very happy! Guy is a beast!

Looks it too in his pic. Looks like Ethan Kilmer or somethin'.Twitch
Reply/Quote