Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bfine's (Decent)Proposal
As always your boy bfine is here to light a candle rather than curse the darkness. We all know of the thread currently active talking about the board attitude. I find it to be a little unsettling, if you want to be divided join me in PnR and pick a side (there's 2 over there). Jungle Noise is a place for Bengal fans of all attitudes. So here's bfine's proposal:

We applaud both Truck and Pdub for standing up to their word

We kick that personal bet and everyone here taking sides in a derogatory manner out the window.

We have some fun by making it a board-wide sig bet. Here's my proposal:

You post that you are team Homer or Hater (using 2 derogatory terms as not to question the fanhood of either)

Someone else quotes your post and says:
[Image: 200.gif]

Once the game is over whichever team wins their "opponent" gets to make a sig that the other must keep until the end of the regular season.

For instance:

bfine Post: I'm a Homer

Poster B:

Bengal earn a moral victory over the Jags but fall short on the scoreboard.

Poster B tells bfine this is your sig for the rest of the year:

BFINE IS A BLIND HOMER THAT DOESN'T KNOW JACK ABOUT FOOTBALL

bfine has to replace his fancy Young Guns sig with the above.

I'm open to any tweaks. My goal is not to negate an agreement made by Truck and Pdub, my goal is to keep them both active in the forum as I enjoy reading posts from each.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Me contemplating this.

[Image: AfraidPiercingCatfish-size_restricted.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I am a homer, but at this point I am not willing to bet anything.

And I have stayed out of that thread. I don't know how it is ending up but I saw the word "forever" in the first post.

I try hard not to bet on anything that I don't control, but during the offseason a few years ago Wes Mantooth got me all riled up and I made abet with him. I am pretty sure it was a sig bet instead of a "leave town" bet, but almost immediately I regretted it. I backed out, but it was before anything had changed that would have tipped the scales one way or another. I took a lot of grief for that, but it was not like I backed out after something happened that made it more likely I would lose. Instead I just reverted to my old rule of not betting on something I could not control.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a homer, but at this point I am not willing to bet anything.

And I have stayed out of that thread.  I don't know how it is ending up but I saw the word "forever" in the first post.

I try hard not to bet on anything that I don't control, but during the offseason a few years ago Wes Mantooth got me all riled up and I made abet with him.  I am pretty sure it was a sig bet instead of a "leave town" bet, but almost immediately I regretted it.  I backed out, but it was before anything had changed that would have tipped the scales one way or another.  I took a lot of grief for that, but it was not like I backed out after something happened that made it more likely I would lose.  Instead I just reverted to my old rule of not betting on something I could not control.

I would never bet on anything that would "cost" me anything on something I have no control over; however, modifying my sig for a few months to put my money where my mouth is costs me nothing and I'd hope those that participated could take it for the spirit of "same side" as it is proposed. 

If Truck and pdub want to go down the road they are on while others with no skin in the game bicker, who am I to stop anyone. Just proposing an alternate. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
So these are the only 2 options?

[Image: simp1.jpg]              [Image: bill-hader-celebrity-mask.png?resize=450...C500&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
The only common ground I can find for our posters is that our team has cool helmets and they should never change them. Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Actually, have we worn black jerseys yet this year? I haven't paid attention, I assume so, maybe not. I feel like all black with black helmet and orange stripes would look good and make me watch even though we're going to lose anyway.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As always your boy bfine is here to light a candle rather than curse the darkness. We all know of the thread currently active talking about the board attitude. I find it to be a little unsettling, if you want to be divided join me in PnR and pick a side (there's 2 over there). Jungle Noise is a place for Bengal fans of all attitudes. So here's bfine's proposal:

We applaud both Truck and Pdub for standing up to their word

We kick that personal bet and everyone here taking sides in a derogatory manner out the window.

We have some fun by making it a board-wide sig bet. Here's my proposal:

You post that you are team Homer or Hater (using 2 derogatory terms as not to question the fanhood of either)

Someone else quotes your post and says:

Once the game is over whichever team wins their "opponent" gets to make a sig that the other must keep until the end of the regular season.

For instance:

bfine Post: I'm a Homer

Poster B:

Bengal earn a moral victory over the Jags but fall short on the scoreboard.

Poster B tells bfine this is your sig for the rest of the year:

BFINE IS A BLIND HOMER THAT DOESN'T KNOW JACK ABOUT FOOTBALL

bfine has to replace his fancy Young Guns sig with the above.

I'm open to any tweaks. My goal is not to negate an agreement made by Truck and Pdub, my goal is to keep them both active in the forum as I enjoy reading posts from each.

Through the hate comes two beautiful threads from Wes Mantooth & BFine

BTW, similar to Joker, I am not standing for anything. The poor guy offered up a bet and nobody took him up on it, so I thought the polite thing to do was step up and poor some gasoline on his lit match. I mean, somebody has to make something exciting happen this season, so why not see someone go down in a blaze of glory?

Some Bengals just like to watch the world burn.

I am also down for your sig idea to anyone who wants to throw down with this Stefon infused.... HADER!!!!!

PS: How crazy a game of Russian Roulette would it be if every week two of us entered into a Homer vs Hater bet where one had to leave for the season until next Training camp starts? The string of kills could only end if the Bengals win 1 game. Board members have to list their affiliation, Homer or Hater, and then one from each are drawn at random each week.

I love these ways to make the season interesting!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 07:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The only common ground I can find for our posters is that our team has cool helmets and they should never change them. Cool

I dunno, I wish they were black and white.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 12:12 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Actually, have we worn black jerseys yet this year? I haven't paid attention, I assume so, maybe not. I feel like all black with black helmet and orange stripes would look good and make me watch even though we're going to lose anyway.

We wore all black at home against SF when it was like 90 degrees...

Reply/Quote
we only looked horrible a third of the games this season.we have 10 remaining games on the schedule that's all I currently have to be optimistic about regarding this season.
Reply/Quote
I'm a hater and your huckleberry. Give me whatever sig you want me to have.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:36 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we only looked horrible a third of the games this season.we have 10 remaining games on the schedule that's all I currently have to be optimistic about regarding this season.

Yeah...I think the Dolphins are way worse than us. They've scored 42 point and given up 180. Only 1 moral victory too.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a homer, but at this point I am not willing to bet anything.

And I have stayed out of that thread. I don't know how it is ending up but I saw the word "forever" in the first post.

I try hard not to bet on anything that I don't control, but during the offseason a few years ago Wes Mantooth got me all riled up and I made abet with him. I am pretty sure it was a sig bet instead of a "leave town" bet, but almost immediately I regretted it. I backed out, but it was before anything had changed that would have tipped the scales one way or another. I took a lot of grief for that, but it was not like I backed out after something happened that made it more likely I would lose. Instead I just reverted to my old rule of not betting on something I could not control.

At first, I thought, "I did? It doesn't sound like me; I though I said something like, 'for good,' or whatever." lol

But yes, I did use forever.

Bfine's proposal is... nah, not gonna comment on it at this time, maybe later...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...I think the Dolphins are way worse than us. They've scored 42 point and given up 180. Only 1 moral victory too.

There's a good chance we'll find out just before Christmas.
If the Bengals and Dolphins are both winless at that point, what would fans want? 
Get the win but not get the top pick in the draft, or go winless?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
OK, I'm in....

I'm a...

[Image: simp1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:46 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: At first, I thought, "I did? It doesn't sound like me; I though I said something like, 'for good,' or whatever." lol

But yes, I did use forever.

Bfine's proposal is... nah, not gonna comment on it at this time, maybe later...

Oh, man... you better hurry up and get that comment in soon. The clock's ticking down to Sunday afternoon.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: There's a good chance we'll find out just before Christmas.
If the Bengals and Dolphins are both winless at that point, what would fans want? 
Get the win but not get the top pick in the draft, or go winless?

I guess it depends on what the teams think of Tua. I'm not sure he's a franchise QB.

Now, IF Lawrence were there...it's a different story.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 10:21 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Oh, man... you better hurry up and get that comment in soon. The clock's ticking down to Sunday afternoon.

We'll see Wink

(10-16-2019, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I guess it depends on what the teams think of Tua. I'm not sure he's a franchise QB.

Lawrence looks pretty mediocre this year.

He won't be all that in the NFL, I feel.

And he looks like a woman.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I guess it depends on what the teams think of Tua. I'm not sure he's a franchise QB.

If I was to take a QB this year, it would wouldn't be Tua, it would be Burrow.
Reply/Quote