Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bfine's (Decent)Proposal
(10-16-2019, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I guess it depends on what the teams think of Tua. I'm not sure he's a franchise QB.

Now, IF Lawrence were there...it's a different story.

What exactly about Tua vs Lawrence makes you think that?
Tua has been phenomenal this year.
Lawrence, on the other hand, has regressed from last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What exactly about Tua vs Lawrence makes you think that?
Tua has been phenomenal this year.
Lawrence, on the other hand, has regressed from last year.

I agree.

But, Tua also has arguably the best oline in the country (pass blocking, anyways) and has been entrenched in a great system his whole college time.

Someone like Burrow, who has experience in 3 different systems (is LSU's considered a Pro-Style offense?) and is lighting it up with halfway decent talent, I feel would be much more useful.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 10:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I agree.

But, Tua also has arguably the best oline in the country (pass blocking, anyways) and has been entrenched in a great system his whole college time.

Someone like Burrow, who has experience in 3 different systems (is LSU's considered a Pro-Style offense?) and is lighting it up with halfway decent talent, I feel would be much more useful.

What about Tua makes you worried he's going to be terrible without a good OL?

I trust Tua because he's produced very well multiple years in college. I'm more hesitant with QBs who only do well one year.

I get liking Burrow, but:
1) The discussion wasn't about Burrow. It was Tua vs Lawrence
2) It's not Tua's fault for having a good OL
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Screw everyone. I'm firmly entrenched to "team ehh..I dunno"! 
I'm going to commit to declaring that the team owner of the Bengals isn't the brightest penny to have ever been minted ,taped to a truck tire and driven a million miles then left in the bottom of a pit of dark, slimy muck. There are probably a lot of brighter pennies to have undergone similar things.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 11:12 AM)grampahol Wrote: Screw everyone. I'm firmly entrenched to "team ehh..I dunno"! 
I'm going to commit to declaring that the team owner of the Bengals isn't the brightest penny to have ever been minted ,taped to a truck tire and driven a million miles then left in the bottom of a pit of dark, slimy muck. There are probably a lot of brighter pennies to have undergone similar things.   

I'm worried that it would be so Bengals to trade for broken down Cam
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 11:34 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm worried that it would be so Bengals to trade for broken down Cam

Oh no, please no.....
Reply/Quote