Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bfine's love list
Each year I pick one or 2 players that I absolutely love. Some work out, some wash out. Here's my two for this year:

JALEN MYRICK: I've been banging the drum for him for a couple months. Folks went loopy over John Ross and his 4.22 at hte combine, but Myrick was lightning at 4.28. Difference is Ross is a thin 188 while Myrick is a yoked up 200. I've seen Myrick run in pads and I have never seen anyone faster.

TYUS BOWER: Combine numbers are a mirror image of Von Miller's right down to ht/wt arm length. Bower spent a lot of time with his hand in the dirt at Houston, but could also stand up and defend the pass (4 PDs this past season). Bower's edge is his footwork. he played on the Houston Basketball team for 2 years, before committing fully to football.

More news and cheesy clips to follow.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bower and Howard Wilson would be two Houston Cougars I'd like to see in stripes. Maybe if Bower was at Alabama, he'd be getting more love than Foster,
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 12:41 AM)Shady Wrote: Bower and Howard Wilson would be two Houston Cougars I'd like to see in stripes. Maybe if Bower was at Alabama, he'd be getting more love than Foster,

I actually see Bower as a trouble-free Tim Williams

Reply/Quote
Seeing how pretty much every year you put out a couple or few players that not many others are touting, and more times than not they pan out, I put full trust that these guys are good.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would love seeing Myrick and Tyus in Cincinnati.

By the way, Bowser*** lol
Reply/Quote
You could have come up with a better title because I was expecting something else in this thread. Pervert

I know that he is slow but I really like James Conner running back out of Pittsburgh.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Each year I pick one or 2 players that I absolutely love. Some work out, some wash out. Here's my two for this year:

JALEN MYRICK: I've been banging the drum for him for a couple months. Folks went loopy over John Ross and his 4.22 at hte combine, but Myrick was lightning at 4.28. Difference is Ross is a thin 188 while Myrick is a yoked up 200. I've seen Myrick run in pads and I have never seen anyone faster.

TYUS BOWER: Combine numbers are a mirror image of Von Miller's right down to ht/wt arm length. Bower spent a lot of time with his hand in the dirt at Houston, but could also stand up and defend the pass (4 PDs this past season). Bower's edge is his footwork. he played on the Houston Basketball team for 2 years, before committing fully to football.

Can Myrick play football is the question. I know John Ross can.

Saw Bower last year, him and Hassan Reddick were the two guys that really stood out to me last year on Defense.

Hassan Reddick and K.D. Cannon WR out of Baylor are my guys this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can Myrick play football is the question. I know John Ross can.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-jalen-myrick-cb-minnesota/

Biggest negatives are size and tackling. With Dre K and WJIII we have size. What we don't have is elite speed. 

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-jalen-myrick-cb-minnesota/

Biggest negatives are size and tackling. With Dre K and WJIII we have size. What we don't have is elite speed. 

True, but tackling is a big deal with Corners.

Coyle might be able to cure this deficiency with Myrick. Definately not against the pick mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
4.37 isn't a fast 40 time? WJ III has athleticism in bounds. Myrick might be a diamond in the rough, but we own the CB diamond mine.

Bowser is interesting, might be a bpa luxury if available.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Each year I pick one or 2 players that I absolutely love. Some work out, some wash out. Here's my two for this year:

I noticed Bower when they played UC. I like him as well.

What round would you think Bengals FO should pull the trigger on these 2 guys?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 04:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I noticed Bower when they played UC. I like him as well.

What round would you think Bengals FO should pull the trigger on these 2 guys?

I'd like to be able to wait until the 3rd, but that may be pushing it.

I'd spend a 4th rd comp on Myrick

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can Myrick play football is the question. I know John Ross can.

Saw Bower last year, him and Hassan Reddick were the two guys that really stood out to me last year on Defense.

Hassan Reddick and K.D. Cannon WR out of Baylor are my guys this year.

I believe Myrick allowed a completion rate of "his" WR assigments of somewhere near 30%...that is getting it done.  These comments about Ross's size are laughable.  He probably got in to "track shape" to break the all-time speed record, but will likely play around 195 lbs.  He is almost the same size as Antonio Brown.  

I like Reddick, but not as big a fan of Cannon.  

My "love" guys are the OG Isaac Asiata, the DE from KState, Jordan Willis, the RB from Pitt James Conner, and the CB from Washington, Kevin King.  

I don't know as much about him, but I also really like the K from AZ State, Zane Gonzalez.  I hope they use the compensatory pick from Rd 4 on him so he doesn't end up elsewhere.    
Reply/Quote
to OP.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Another mid-rounder I like is Trey Hendrickson. Dude checks every block Productive College career, played well in the All Star games, did well in the combine. Good size at 6'4" 270ish. The big knock is T-Rex arms. But that's why we can snag him with our 4th

Take this FWIW:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-daily-trey-hendrickson-was-2017-class-most-productive-pass-rusher-last-season/

Quote:Hendrickson has been a terror for opposing tackles and quarterbacks for the last two seasons. In 2016, he generated one outside pressure per every 8.1 pass-rushing snaps, which ranks first in the draft class. Hendrickson also generated one pressure per every 5.3 pass-rushing snaps against an offensive tackle. Hendrickson’s PRP from the right side also tops in the class. When pressure occurred in less than 2.5 seconds, his PRP of 11.3 ranked fourth in the draft class; when pressure occurred in 2.6-plus seconds, his PRP of 34.7 was first. Hendrickson should be able to contribute valuable and productive pass-rushing snaps to his new team as a rookie

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 05:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to be able to wait until the 3rd, but that may be pushing it.

I'd spend a 4th rd comp on Myrick

I like Myrick as well. I'm not sure he makes it to the 4th. I believe that's about where he should be drafted, but several teams are in need of secondary help with wheels.

I see Dallas Cowboys written all over him.
Reply/Quote
Myrick's also a returner and averaged 24.5 yards per kick return and had one kick return touchdown in his college career. Could be a backup for Erickson. Tied for fastest corner at the combine in the last 12 years. Great idea.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 09:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I believe Myrick allowed a completion rate of "his" WR assigments of somewhere near 30%...that is getting it done.  These comments about Ross's size are laughable.  He probably got in to "track shape" to break the all-time speed record, but will likely play around 195 lbs.  He is almost the same size as Antonio Brown.  

I like Reddick, but not as big a fan of Cannon.  

My "love" guys are the OG Isaac Asiata, the DE from KState, Jordan Willis, the RB from Pitt James Conner, and the CB from Washington, Kevin King.  

I don't know as much about him, but I also really like the K from AZ State, Zane Gonzalez.  I hope they use the compensatory pick from Rd 4 on him so he doesn't end up elsewhere.    

Thanks SHRacer. Sounds like a good pick mid rounds but still, i think we are stacked at Corner and it is not like
WJ3 is slow. Agreed on Ross, he would be a great pick for us as i believe we need speed at Receiver more than
anywhere. Fastest dude of all time that is also a very good receiver would really help this Offense.

Really like Asiata and Willis as you know. Not as big a fan of Conner and know nothing about KK.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 12:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks SHRacer. Sounds like a good pick mid rounds but still, i think we are stacked at Corner and it is not like
WJ3 is slow. Agreed on Ross, he would be a great pick for us as i believe we need speed at Receiver more than
anywhere. Fastest dude of all time that is also a very good receiver would really help this Offense.

Really like Asiata and Willis as you know. Not as big a fan of Conner and know nothing about KK.

Conner put all that weight back on because he knew he was also the short yardage guy.  I think he could be really, really good at 225 or so.  Love his character.  He will end up a Patriot.  

Kevin King is a long, fast, CB that surprised a lot of people when he got his chance.  I really like him in our defense.  He might be available that late as well.  
Reply/Quote
For me it's OJ Howard..... He's who I want at #9

I love J.Adams, but I see zero chance of us getting him.

Last, but certainly not least is Hassan Reddick.
Reply/Quote