Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bfirst Mock (2024)
Wanted to get some names out before the All-Star games:

RD1-KINGSLEY SUAMATAIA/OT/BYU:
[Image: coedfczewsyo0saxyinz.jpg]

This kid was getting college offers in Jr High and grew up training with Penei Sewell. He was dominate at RT in 2022, but had growing pain at LT last year; though he did improve as the year went on. Standing 6'6" and weighing 325 lbs, while not yet being old enough to drink (not that he would). Currently trending early 2nd but that will change.

RD2-MAASON SMITH/DL/LSU:
[Image: Maason-Smith-Draft-Profile-LSU-DT-Scouting-Report.jpg]

Another elite prospect who never reached his full potential in college. Tore his ACL in 2022 and that basically killed 2022 and 2023. IMo if he would have remained healthy, we'd be talking top DL in the draft. Will blow up the combine but hopefully that only moves him up to the mid- 2nd rd.

RD3-BRAELON ALLEN/RB/WISC:
[Image: Braelon.jpeg]

Huge baby. 6'2" 247 at only 19 years of age. Production suffered in Luke Fickle's offense or we'd be talking RB1.Recruited as a LB and switched to RB Freshman year dude to injury

RD4-MALIK MUSTAPHA/SS/WF:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLf35Yh7uxxrmVY7fdoHL...g&usqp=CAU]

Dude puts the strong in Strong Safety. Watching him play at Wake it was obvious he was the most talented player on the field.

RD5-TREY KNOX/TE/SO CAR:
[Image: 463e39d5133f0cfded7319ce587a01a9]

Another one who will blow up the combine, if invited. Good size (6'5"/250) and 4.5 speed. Drafting on physical traits rather than production.

RD6-PHIL JURKOVEC/?/Everywhere:
[Image: North-Carolina-Pittsburgh-Football-10-1696552789.jpg]

Ever watch the Saints, see Taysum Hill, and say "I'd like one of those". Dude started college as a highly touted QB at Notre Dame, ended his career as a TE at Pitt

RD7-BRIAN UGWU/DL/MIA:
[Image: A36I1914_ZQAmn.JPG]

At 6'3", 250 he played NT against UK and did well.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fun mock. I like the 1st rounder with understanding you are anticipating him moving up in the draft as it near closer.

I like your 6th round pick, but don't think Duke and Zac would draft a guy to be creative like the Saints use Hill.
Reply/Quote
Pretty good overall, wouldn't really complain if the actual draft was like that one. Would have liked to have seen a NT in there, but I guess that's why we have free agency.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: RD1-KINGSLEY SUAMATAIA/OT/BYU:

This kid was getting college offers in Jr High and grew up training with Penei Sewell. He was dominate at RT in 2022, but had growing pain at LT last year; though he did improve as the year went on. Standing 6'6" and weighing 325 lbs, while not yet being old enough to drink (not that he would). Currently trending early 2nd but that will change.

Kingsley Suamataia and Penei Sewell are cousins... Rookie WR phenom Puca Nakua is their cousin too. 

Edit: Forgot to add Suamataia is #3 on Feldman's freak list with a 21.5 mph GPS time.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if a few of that 2nd group of T's(Fautanu, Morgan, Suamataia, Guyton, Paul) wind up in the 1st. Might be a tad early for my taste, but I don't know that we can rely on one of those guys falling to us in the 2nd. I would probably be ok with that, depending on how the board fell.

Smith and Allen look like studs. Smith can play anywhere between his size, length, and athletic ability. Allen has reported 4.4 speed, which is nuts for a RB his size.

Mustafa is a bit of a head scratcher for me. Between Battle, Scott, and Anderson, we have plenty of SS types. I would think we'd be looking at more of a FS.

With Tee and Boyd both FA's, it seems like a mistake not to draft at least one replacement in this class.
Reply/Quote
I am assuming we add a NT in Free Agency and bring back Tee and Boyd in this scenario...

I like it if we do that along with a vet RT for Suamataia to learn behind for a year or two. Love Maason Smith and Braelon Allen for this
team. Just what we need to add physicality to the Bengals who are behind in this area in the AFC North right now. Mustapha doesn't
really fit even if I like the player, we have our Strong Safety of the future in Jordan Battle. Free Safety with instincts is what seems is
lacking until Dax hopefully gets much better in this department.

Good job Bfine, I like this Mock. Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 11:44 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fun mock. I like the 1st rounder with understanding you are anticipating him moving up in the draft as it near closer.

I like your 6th round pick, but don't think Duke and Zac would draft a guy to be creative like the Saints use Hill.
Kingsley definitely has the pedigree to rise. Once he blows up at the combine he might not even make it to 18
(01-17-2024, 10:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty good overall, wouldn't really complain if the actual draft was like that one.  Would have liked to have seen a NT in there, but I guess that's why we have free agency.
I was big on Nazir Stackhouse but he opted to go back to school
(01-17-2024, 11:22 AM)Synric Wrote: Kingsley Suamataia and Penei Sewell are cousins... Rookie WR phenom Puca Nakua is their cousin too. 

Edit: Forgot to add Suamataia is #3 on Feldman's freak list with a 21.5 mph GPS time.
There's also another one playing LB for the Bears. Definitely a talented family. 
(01-17-2024, 11:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if a few of that 2nd group of T's(Fautanu, Morgan, Suamataia, Guyton, Paul) wind up in the 1st.  Might be a tad early for my taste, but I don't know that we can rely on one of those guys falling to us in the 2nd.  I would probably be ok with that, depending on how the board fell.

Smith and Allen look like studs.  Smith can play anywhere between his size, length, and athletic ability.  Allen has reported 4.4 speed, which is nuts for a RB his size.

Mustafa is a bit of a head scratcher for me.  Between Battle, Scott, and Anderson, we have plenty of SS types.  I would think we'd be looking at more of a FS.

With Tee and Boyd both FA's, it seems like a mistake not to draft at least one replacement in this class.
Mustafa was simply BPA Hell he may even be able to play LB in some sets
(01-17-2024, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am assuming we add a NT in Free Agency and bring back Tee and Boyd in this scenario...

I like it if we do that along with a vet RT for Suamataia to learn behind for a year or two. Love Maason Smith and Braelon Allen for this
team. Just what we need to add physicality to the Bengals who are behind in this area in the AFC North right now. Mustapha doesn't
really fit even if I like the player, we have our Strong Safety of the future in Jordan Battle. Free Safety with instincts is what seems is
lacking until Dax hopefully gets much better in this department.

Good job Bfine, I like this Mock. Wink

Crazy thing about Allen is he came to Wisc as a LB, moved to RB due to injury, and became only the 4th Freshman there to rush for 1,000+ yards

Reply/Quote
Not bad if your evaluation of Suamataia is correct. I want a RT in round one and right now I like Fuaga from OregonSt.

A Wisconsin RB? Sign me up. Looks like he would be a good “Thunder and Lightning” partner for Chase Brown.
Reply/Quote
Love picking Kingsley. I think you're 100% right that he will rise throughout the draft process. But in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if NFL teams are already higher on him then the draft "experts". He seems to have just as much of a claim to OT4 as anyone. JC Latham and especially Amarius Mims are far from flawless prospects so I think Kingsley will give them a run for their money. As you mentioned, he dominated at RT two years ago, he seems like a natural fit there. He struggled with the switch to LT at the beginning of this year but really started to turn it on at the end of the year. The success his cousins are having is just a bonus and from everything I've seen he seems to share that work ethic.

How do you think Braelon Allen would fit in this Offense? A Perine type role? Love his size and his potential is through the roof, just wonder how he'd do in such a pass heavy shotgun based offense.

Knox and Jurkovec are intriguing late round picks.
Reply/Quote
I want Mustapha just for the name.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 09:01 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Not bad if your evaluation of Suamataia is correct. I want a RT in round one and right now I like Fuaga from OregonSt.

A Wisconsin RB?  Sign me up. Looks like he would be a good “Thunder and Lightning” partner for Chase Brown.
Kid from OSU is talented and would definitely be happy with him

(01-20-2024, 03:56 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Love picking Kingsley. I think you're 100% right that he will rise throughout the draft process. But in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if NFL teams are already higher on him then the draft "experts". He seems to have just as much of a claim to OT4 as anyone. JC Latham and especially Amarius Mims are far from flawless prospects so I think Kingsley will give them a run for their money. As you mentioned, he dominated at RT two years ago, he seems like a natural fit there. He struggled with the switch to LT at the beginning of this year but really started to turn it on at the end of the year. The success his cousins are having is just a bonus and from everything I've seen he seems to share that work ethic.

How do you think Braelon Allen would fit in this Offense? A Perine type role? Love his size and his potential is through the roof, just wonder how he'd do in such a pass heavy shotgun based offense.

Knox and Jurkovec are intriguing late round picks.
Tecmo mentioned he doesn't think Zac would be creative with Jurkovec, but he showed last year he's willing to throw in a couple of gadget plays. Could also save some wear and tear on Joe in short yardage
(01-20-2024, 06:01 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I want Mustapha just for the name.
Mufasa is the Lion King
Mustapha can be the Tiger King

Reply/Quote
Mustapha will come up and strike someone. He's all over the place. Watched him vs the Noles and he was all the Deacs had
Reply/Quote