Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bfirst mock
I wanted to wait until we got a DC and comps were announced before putting out my first. Of course these are still preliminary and some will rise and fall, but here goes:

RD 1-T.J. HOCKENSON- TE
[Image: 5c6c55dc22fd4.image.jpg]

TJ is just a kid who has potential to be call Hock as the next Gronk. He only has 2 years’ experience playing TE in college and was already the best one in the nation. This kid can catch like Eifert and block like Reggie Kelly.

RD 2- KALEB MCGARY-OT
[Image: 01172019_kaleb_123918-780x501.jpg]

I watched Kaleb at the Senior Bowl practices and he was a man among boys. There was a DT from Washington that was bullying everyone in one on ones until he locked horns with Kaleb. I saw the exact same thing in Zietler when he was at the Senior Bowl

RD 3- GERMAINE PRATT- LB
[Image: Pratt.jpg]

3 Down LB with elite cover skills from being a former DB. Bot don’t get him confused with one of those undersized tweeners that would struggle against the run. Dude is full grown at 6’3” 243. Pratt is available here only because he has 1 year as a starter, but what a year it was.

RD 4- MICHAEL DEITER-OG
[Image: 0B64rTMWu0YJQZDE0U2lKOE1TRlk.jpg?itok=o0RbqyVu]

Deiter is a massive Olineman at 6’6” 321. That would be great if he had the lateral movement to play outside, but he does not. What Deiter does do is play to the whistle and carries the same lunch pail that every Wisc olineman does.

RD 5- KRIS BOYD- CB
[Image: a76c4facad15b5532f6cb35bb6020df4-original.jpg]

Everybody kept waiting for Kris to live up to his billing, he just never did it at a consistent level. He went from superstar to garbage much too often. Throw in his Senior year was his worst and some off-field immaturity, and you have a 5ht rounder. Luckily our DC knows a thing or 2 about coaching up DBs

RD 6 JOSIAH TAUAEFA- LB
[Image: JosiahTauaefa_2016_utsa_0.jpg?itok=wOCTqf4k]

Tackling machine out of a small-school program. His 113 tackles this year was the second most in school history. The all-time record belongs to Josiah Tauaefa with 115. Dude has the heart I love to see in a LB.

RD 6 MARK FIELDS-CB
[Image: fields_mark_wf-479.jpg]

Mark is the polar opposite of Kris: there is 0 off-field concerns and no inconsistency in play. The unfortunate thing is that his consistent play just wasn’t good enough to ever break into a talent Clemson starting lineup, but he never complained or ever quit trying.

RD 6 JOHN BARON II- K
[Image: John-Baron-II-Derrick-Tuskan.jpg]

Fat Randy has been serviceable enough for us, but I want Justin Tucker like play. JB2 can do that. He was perfect this year on FGs over 50 yards (5-5) and 4-4when the score difference was 3 of fewer points. Distance and clutch.

RD 6 PRESTON WILLIAMS- WR
[Image: USATSI_11436801-Cropped-696x435.jpg]

Former elite recruit who started he career at Tennessee. While there he tore an ACL, assaulted a female, and had 16 catches in 2 years. Transferring to Colorado and siting out a year dude had 96 catches, for 1346 yards, and 14 TDs.

RD 6 DAWSON KNOX- TE
[Image: KnoxULL.jpg]

We are most likely losing both Tylers so we will need 2 TEs. Knox is intriguing; he’s a former QB with speed to split the seam. Dude only had 15 catches this year, but they averaged 18.9 yards. Dawson has great size and the raw skills to be a huge sleeper.

RD 7 CORBIN KAUFUSI-DE
[Image: byu-seniors-620x349.jpg]

Dude is limited athletically, but is a warrior. While top prospects were sitting out getting ready for the draft this guy played with both an elbow and an ankle that doctors said required surgery. Hell at 6’9” he might be worth a roster spot to block kicks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Id be happy with a game changing tight end with our top pick. Think middle linebacker is a bigger need, but say White isnt there when we pick, and we aren’t sold on a lockdown OT worthy of the pick...This would be a solid way to adapt to how the draft is falling to us.
Reply/Quote
Epic mock Bfine. Love all the picks.

Interestingly enough i saw a lot of Preston Williams and especially Corbin Kaufusi, really like them as sleepers. Preston sure had a great year on that loaded Colorado Offense and Kaufusi has that great length and plays with great effort as you said. Think he could actually do something in a rotation unlike Hunt who was all athleticism with no bend.

Nice to have that guy that can block FG's for you.

Love all the early picks, hope we get another LB in FA before this though, just in case Pratt or Josiah don't work out. Think Pratt most definately would though and with Josiah's heart and tackling ability he at the very least should be a stud ST'er,
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 06:46 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Id be happy with a game changing tight end with our top pick. Think middle linebacker is a bigger need, but say White isnt there when we pick, and we aren’t sold on a lockdown OT worthy of the pick...This would be a solid way to adapt to how the draft is falling to us.

Yes, have to be prepared for if White is not there for sure.
Reply/Quote
Skeptical about blocking kicks thing after Estonian block failure.

I’d also rather them take an elite LB’er like the LSU kid but there is a good chance he ain’t available. As previously stated, that being the case, Hock would be excellent pick. He’d be a game changer. I’d also be good though with trading down if LSU kid ain’t there.

Love picks. Great work as always. Love the OL drafted. Realistic that’d they’d be there at those picks and they are a nice set of young, strong, big OLmen. Also, great idea giving new DC a developmental project in that CB from Texas. I’m also a big fan of Pratt and would like to see competition at K position.
Reply/Quote
I am warming up to the idea of Hockenson in Rd 1, but not at 11. I know this wasn't a simulator mock, but there is so much talent at #11 where guys like Ed Oliver might slide to or another top talent at a position like DE, OT, CB, and QB (which are always overdrafted) that I put less value on a TE...especially with how I perceive our offensive scheme to run.

That being said, I love the rest of the selections (except the female assaulting WR, but I didn't want Mixon either). If we could slide a few spots and trade with Miami who will want a QB, and still get Hockenson and gain a second rounder or something, then I think I would be behind the idea.

Free Agency will have to be huge, too, but I would be very happy with they got one big name LB in FA and this draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am warming up to the idea of Hockenson in Rd 1, but not at 11.  I know this wasn't a simulator mock, but there is so much talent at #11 where guys like Ed Oliver might slide to or another top talent at a position like DE, OT, CB, and QB (which are always overdrafted) that I put less value on a TE...especially with how I perceive our offensive scheme to run.

That being said, I love the rest of the selections (except the female assaulting WR, but I didn't want Mixon either).  If we could slide a few spots and trade with Miami who will want a QB, and still get Hockenson and gain a second rounder or something, then I think I would be behind the idea.

Free Agency will have to be huge, too, but I would be very happy with they got one big name LB in FA and this draft.
Hockenson might be one of the most talented players in the draft and put up first round tape in 2018. If he has combine he's supposed to he could very well be a top 10 pick and is being mocked there alot more recently.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Would not hate this draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I am okay with everything but Boyd. I don't want that guy covering anyone he is a walking DPI call. He panics in coverage and just starts grabbing people even when he is in perfect position.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, have to be prepared for if White is not there for sure.

I'm actually getting to the point where I don't think they take him even if he is there.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 09:45 AM)Synric Wrote: Hockenson might be one of the most talented players in the draft and put up first round tape in 2018. If he has combine he's supposed to he could very well be a top 10 pick and is being mocked there alot more recently.

I don't dispute that, but I just don't think that he is worth that to the Bengals.  How much will the TE be a part of ZTs offense?  Can we do just as well with Uzomah and a later round pick?  It all depends on what else falls to #11 and if a team is desperate for a QB and makes the Bengals a great trade.  
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 05:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm actually getting to the point where I don't think they take him even if he is there.

It is funny because I think if Marvin was still here he would be his choice hands down.  
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 05:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm actually getting to the point where I don't think they take him even if he is there.

Why is that? Linebacker is our biggest weakness and it is blatantly obvious.
Reply/Quote
The reason I am settling in on TE with 11th is because a great blocking TE will help the O-Line, and the Bengals simply cannot count on Eifert. TE, QB, or White at 11. I think they will pass on OT at 11. It will be interesting.

I think Risner would be better OT if there. I have mixed feelings about Pratt. I think the Bengals still bring in FA backer and OT.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 02:20 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: The reason I am settling in on TE with 11th is because a great blocking TE will help the O-Line, and the Bengals simply cannot count on Eifert. TE, QB, or White at 11. I think they will pass on OT at 11. It will be interesting.

I think Risner would be better OT if there. I have mixed feelings about Pratt. I think the Bengals still bring in FA backer and OT.

So you are liking Hock the most? I am on board if we take care of LB and OL in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you are liking Hock the most? I am on board if we take care of LB and OL in FA.

Yes I am.  Fant received all the fame but Hock is better all around blocker and player.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 04:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Yes I am.  Fant received all the fame but Hock is better all around blocker and player.  

Yeah, if we go TE in the first it has to be Hock.

Just heard Fant ran a 4.51 forty so that should up his stock into the first round now but he still doesn't have the upside of Hock nor as you said is near as good of a blocker.
Reply/Quote