Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple combine measurement notes
(02-27-2019, 04:50 PM)Synric Wrote: No but we all know length is important.

That's what she said.  (Sorry, it was obligatory).  But she also said do not underestimate girth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
N’Keal Harry with 4.53 40. Not 4.4 like someone thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Joe Thomas only 33 1/2 or something?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Folks can point to the exception instead of the rule all they want. Bottom line is long arms are a benefit for an OT.

Cody Ford came in with 34" arms and it's a good thing.

Williams came in under 34" and it's a bad thing.

Is it the only factor? No. But it's a factor.

FWIW, give me the kid out of BC. He checks all the blocks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks can point to the exception instead of the rule all they want. Bottom line is long arms are a benefit for an OT.

Cody Ford came in with 34" arms and it's a good thing.

Williams came in under 34" and it's a bad thing.

Is it the only factor? No. But it's a factor.

FWIW, give me the kid out of BC. He checks all the blocks

Again, I posted the only real data study on it and it says arm length doesn’t really matter. Take it how you will but the data shows no correlation just a long held belief people like to fall back to. This past year alone 3 of 6 top grades OT’s by PFF were sub 34 inch arms.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Again, I posted the only real data study on it and it says arm length doesn’t really matter. Take it how you will but the data shows no correlation just a long held belief people like to fall back to. This past year alone 3 of 6 top grades OT’s by PFF were sub 34 inch arms.

You did and your study from 7 years ago admits it's flaws.

We'll just but you in the category that arm length is not a factor for an exterior Olineman. Let's put me in the category of it is. 

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You did and your study from 7 years ago admits it's flaws.

We'll just but you in the category that arm length is not a factor for an exterior Olineman. Let's put me in the category of it is. 

Sure, but it’s better than casual observation which is the 34” mark. As others have pointed out the average length of starting OT’s in the nfl is 33.5. In fact the Patriots rarely have ever had a tackle with + 34 inch arms during the Belicheck era. Put me in the same category as Belicheck...I’ll take it. They drafted Wynn last year with his 33.5 inch arms to play tackle when everyone else was freaking out saying he was a guard.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sure, but it’s better than casual observation which is the 34” mark. As others have pointed out the average length of starting OT’s in the nfl is 33.5. In fact the Patriots rarely have ever had a tackle with + 34 inch arms during the Belicheck era. Put me in the same category as Belicheck...I’ll take it. They drafted Wynn last year with his 33.5 inch arms to play tackle when everyone else was freaking out saying he was a guard.

NE's starting LT tackle last year had 36" arms, he took over for Nate Solder who had 35.5" arms.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: NE's starting LT tackle last year had 36" arms, he took over for Nate Solder who had 35.5" arms.

Wynn was the starter before he got hurt. Before Solder the LT and RT spots were anchored for years by Volmer and Light who were both sub 34” arms.

Update: Wynn was their RT before he was hurt my apologies.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Wynn was the starter before he got hurt. Before Solder the LT and RT spots were anchored for years by Volmer and Light who were both sub 34” arms.

Update: Wynn was their RT before he was hurt my apologies.

As I said: But yourself in the arms length doesn't matter for an exterior O lineman and I'll put myself in the category that it does matter.

It's not the only factor, but it is a factor. Disagree all you want.

Reply/Quote
Side note here Dante Scarnecchia the Patriots long time OL coach says “That [expletive] is way overrated," when talking about arm length.

Again, I’ll go with the guy who’s built more super bowl winning lines than almost anyone. Arm length didn’t hurt those Patriot teams throughout the 2000’s winning all those Super Bowls. I’ll not over think it and take Jonah Williams all day lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Side note here Dante Scarnecchia the Patriots long time OL coach says “That [expletive] is way overrated," when talking about arm length.

Again, I’ll go with the guy who’s built more super bowl winning lines than almost anyone. Arm length didn’t hurt those Patriot teams throughout the 2000’s winning all those Super Bowls. I’ll not over think it and take Jonah Williams all day lol.

Everybody knows NE won all those titles because their Oline had short arms.

No one asked you to overthink it. 

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Everybody knows NE won all those titles because their Oline had short arms.

No one asked you to overthink it. 

Nah they won them by keeping their HoF QB upright...with their short arms.
Reply/Quote
Back to measurements Isabella and Campbell tie for fastest 40 time so far with 4.31. Some in the stands hand timed had Isabella at 4.27 apparently.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 04:30 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Biggest suprise is Williams
Sub 34 inch arms? Williams is a guard in the NFL. Also Lindstrom can play tackle in NFL like he has done I. College. I'm super high on Lindstrom.

68. #Alabama OT Jonah Williams
Height: 6-4 4/8
Weight: 302
Hand: 10 1/8
Arm: 33 5/8
Wingspan: 81 6/8

#NFLCombine key measurements thread…

39. #BostonCollege OL Chris Lindstrom
Height: 6-3 6/8
Weight: 308
Hand: 9 4/8
Arm: 34 1/8
Wingspan: 80 1/8

Lindstrom is the OLman I want us to draft 1st, but not with the 11th pick. I'd like to see us trade back into the 1st round and snag Lindstrom.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 12:04 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Lindstrom is the OLman I want us to draft 1st, but not with the 11th pick. I'd like to see us trade back into the 1st round and snag Lindstrom.

The more prudent move would be to move up into the late first round to get him.

This team needs some quality starters.  Give me White and Lindstrom on day 1 and 2 and we will have drafted 2 future pro-bowlers.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 12:36 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The more prudent move would be to move up into the late first round to get him.

This team needs some quality starters.  Give me White and Lindstrom on day 1 and 2 and we will have drafted 2 future pro-bowlers.

Isn't that what I said? "... trade back into the 1st round..."

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 12:38 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Isn't that what I said? "... trade back into the 1st round..."

Nah, you guys are saying to different things. 

Reply/Quote