Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bluegrass music
any bluegrass fan will enjoy this,,

Reply/Quote
Bluegrass is just Country's version of Thrash.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 09:09 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bluegrass is just Country's version of Thrash.

I don't even know what Thrash is...

Thanks for the tunes Leon. I like me some Bluegrass. Smirk

Especially Billy Strings.

Honestly one of the only things you and Fred will agree on LMAO!!!
Reply/Quote
Billy is a phenom. Good stuff! Sam Bush is a great dude, as well as a monster player. The King of Telluride! Go check out my boys Dread Clampitt and Longleaf Drive.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't even know what Thrash is...

Thanks for the tunes Leon. I like me some Bluegrass. Smirk

Especially Billy Strings.

Honestly one of the only things you and Fred will agree on LMAO!!!

Anthrax
Slayer
Megadeth
etc.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Halloween in Asheville.

I am going to be there.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 09:09 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bluegrass is just Country's version of Thrash.

"Bluegrass" covers a little bit of everything.

Sam Bush is pop/jazz.

Bela Fleck is everything from rap to Tuvan Throat singers.

Billy Strings is a big part Grateful Dead covers.
Reply/Quote
Everyone can look around and find the most popular bluegrass acts if they are interested, but I need to recommend "Old Time Mojo" by Mike Stevens and Raymond McClain.  Not a famous CD but I believe it has the best bluegrass harmonica ever.
Reply/Quote
I made a quick glance at the guy in red and thought it was Thom Brennamn. I thought maybe he found music post-marginalizing an entire group of people.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone can look around and find the most popular bluegrass acts if they are interested, but I need to recommend "Old Time Mojo" by Mike Stevens and Raymond McClain.  Not a famous CD but I believe it has the best bluegrass harmonica ever.

if your talkin pure harmonica greatness, charlie mccoy 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 04:21 PM)Leon Wrote: if your talkin pure harmonica greatness, charlie mccoy 

Little known fact.

Charlie McCoy played bass guitar on Bob Dylan's John Wesley Harding.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 05:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Little known fact.

Charlie McCoy played bass guitar on Bob Dylan's John Wesley Harding.

i didnt know that. never really followed dylans stuff though. love listening to charlie play. if im startin a bluegrass super band, charlies got be there
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 11:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anthrax
Slayer
Megadeth
etc.

Cool, love Megadeth with Dave Mustaine. 

Don't really care for Anthrax or Slayer though for some reason, I like a few of both of those bands songs though.

I remember when I was a teenager and my best friend would always blare Anthrax on his car speaker with no bass...

Sounded like shit no matter how many brewskies I drank. Told him to turn that shit off lol

******' noise.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, love Megadeth with Dave Mustaine. 

Don't really care for Anthrax or Slayer though for some reason, I like a few of both of those bands songs though.

I remember when I was a teenager and my best friend would always blare Anthrax on his car speaker with no bass...

Sounded like shit no matter how many brewskies I drank. Told him to turn that shit off lol

******' noise.

While I dig early Megadeth myself, I find it really hard to believe that any metal fan wouldn't like Slayer. I'm 47 so I take all of that shit in small doses anymore, but still...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:55 AM)jason Wrote: While I dig early Megadeth myself, I find it really hard to believe that any metal fan wouldn't like Slayer. I'm 47 so I take all of that shit in small doses anymore, but still...

I like some of their songs. Honestly I just haven't ever really gotten into them like a lot of my friends.

Love their guitarist, he is damn good. I am almost 40 in a month or so and I like metal a lot but I am more about Alt Metal 
myself as that is my style when I play electric. You have to have a decent singer or I don't give a damn.
Reply/Quote