Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
boeing 737
The rubber finally met the road. The CEO of Boeing is testifying in front of the Senate regarding what happened. As we know, not one, but two planes went down, each case involving a new technology system that activated...the MCAS system. In each case, the MCAS system activated and tilted the plane 15 degrees down during take off. There are issues with training. Issues with certification. Issues with the independence of the FAA. Damaging emails from an original test pilot. Was safety sacrificed over profit. This is ugly. This plane's reinstatement with some modifications is scheduled optimistically to be flying within a few months. I don't see it. The CEO today has admitted that mistakes were made, and when questioned if all the documents have been turned over, cant guarantee that more documents could surface. This is a disappointing tragedy that families of the victims are sitting thru today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-29-2019, 12:21 PM)Goalpost Wrote: The rubber finally met the road.  The CEO of Boeing is testifying in front of the Senate regarding what happened.  As we know, not one, but two planes went down, each case involving a new technology system that activated...the MCAS system.  In each case, the MCAS system activated and tilted the plane 15 degrees down during take off.  There are issues with training.  Issues with certification.  Issues with the independence of the FAA.  Damaging emails from an original test pilot.  Was safety sacrificed over profit. This is ugly.  This plane's reinstatement with some modifications is scheduled optimistically to be flying within a few months.  I don't see it.  The CEO today has admitted that mistakes were made, and when questioned if all the documents have been turned over, cant guarantee that more documents could surface.  This is a disappointing tragedy that families of the victims are sitting thru today.

I hate to think that is just "business as usual" but profit over safety is nothing new.

On the rare occasion when the veil gets pulled back people get shocked but it happens too often for that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-29-2019, 12:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: I hate to think that is just "business as usual" but profit over safety is nothing new.

On the rare occasion when the veil gets pulled back people get shocked but it happens too often for that.

Yep, they will threaten the CEO and act like they gonna punish him, then the longer it goes on the less people will remember it, and then it will go away and nothing happens. maybe a fine here or there or a pocket lined somewhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
When you consider the number of flights each day the safety record of the airlines is incredible.

The problem with flying is that even a tiny glitch can be deadly.