Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bye bye Bengals
a war is brewing b/t the county & the Bengals...

look for the Bengals to leave Cincinnati in 2-3 years...??
future cities could be...
San Diego, Oakland, St.Louis...

or ...new contenders such as...
Portland, San Antonio or Sacramento...
all 3 citys are larger than cincy...

the NFL has said they want a NFL team in the UK....so the NFL may want this....
I remember Birmingham Ala, was interested in the Bengals the last time this came up....it's also larger than Cincy...

my personal dark horse is Mexico city....it has the largest population on the North American continent...14 million ppl I think live there....so selling out should be easy...

where ever the move i'll still root for them, but it won't be the same....as we won't get to watch their games.....unless we have direct tv & buy the highly expensive season tix.....I won't do that....
life just won't be the same... Cry
there will of course be a name & uniform change....
Reply/Quote
Let them leave. Who cares?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The County would like the Bengals to win, but that’s not why they’re fed up. They’re fed up with the horrible deal they made for that stadium, and now they want to try to weasel out of parts of it. I don’t think the County has any leverage, so this all amounts to nothing.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
People would be forced to watch a winner
Reply/Quote
Their deal is up what 2026 they might leave then but then again there probably not going to get the sweetheart deal there looking for anywhere so why move.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 08:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Let them leave.  Who cares?

Uhhh the people that would be out of jobs....the county and the state that would be out millions.

Yea they would care...alot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They're not going anywhere until 2026

But by then, yeah. The bengals will be out of Cincy. I believe they'll head to St. Louis
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 08:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Uhhh the people that would be out of jobs....the county and the state that would be out millions.

Yea they would care...alot.

That's the point I bring up when people tell me they hope the NFL fails due to political bric-a-brack.  Good riddance, jobs!
Reply/Quote
I heard Antarctica is looking for a team....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Id have no problem with them leaving, as long as another NFL team will move here. And I think there were would be a few teams that would like to come here to tap the potential of the Cincy fanbase, because Mike Brown and company has done squat for over 26 years in trying to tap it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 08:51 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Id have no problem with them leaving, as long as another NFL team will move here. And I think there were would be a few teams that would like to come here to tap the potential of the Cincy fanbase, because Mike Brown and company has done squat for over 26 years in trying to tap it.

Once the nfl is gone, it isn’t coming back to Cincinnati. It might be best for the health of bengal fans though.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Cincinnati is a big enough market to get a new NFL team if the Bengals leave.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:04 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't think Cincinnati is a big enough market to get a new NFL team if the Bengals leave.

Yep. If they ever leave, we’d all need to find a new team to follow, because Cincinnati would never get another one. Indy’s closest. The Browns are in Ohio. Personally, I’d follow the Packers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:23 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Yep. If they ever leave, we’d all need to find a new team to follow, because Cincinnati would never get another one. Indy’s closest.  The Browns are in Ohio. Personally, I’d follow the Packers.

Unfortunately PA is closer for many of us in OH, xD!  Cry

Six rings, baby..........................
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Don't let the door hit them on the way out!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:23 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Yep. If they ever leave, we’d all need to find a new team to follow, because Cincinnati would never get another one. Indy’s closest.  The Browns are in Ohio. Personally, I’d follow the Packers.

If the team is still "The Bengals", I'm pretty sure that I would be a fan, no matter where they end up (as long as it's not London or Mexico. I will never support that shit). 

The "St. Louis Bengals".... It'll definitely take some getting used to
Reply/Quote
A lot can happen in 9 years. Nobody really knows what the economic outlook for Cincinnati will be like in 2026, but going by current trends it doesn't seem to bright. 
I don't live in the area anymore and have no plans to return so if they move it's no skin off my ass one way or another. 
Hell, for all I know some giant mega corporation will spring up there. Maybe Kroger or P&G will buy the team and rename them the Wash Outs.. or the Place Your Item in the Bagging Area's in honor of those enigmatic self checkout machines at Krogers..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:27 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If the team is still "The Bengals", I'm pretty sure that I would be a fan, no matter where they end up (as long as it's not London or Mexico. I will never support that shit). 

The "St. Louis Bengals".... It'll definitely take some getting used to

Not me. If they leave, to quote former UC coach Bob Huggins, “F*** ‘em. Just f*** ‘em.”

Reply/Quote
PBS is around 64,000 seats. So any City larger than 64,000 people should be able to support a winning NFL organization. The key is WINNING! look at Green Bay. If they WIN, people will support them. I hate the term "Small market" It make no sense.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:01 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Once the nfl is gone, it isn’t coming back to Cincinnati. It might be best for the health of bengal fans though.
You're right about that. Especially us 50 year fans.
Reply/Quote