Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bye bye Bengals
(12-10-2017, 09:40 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: PBS is around 64,000 seats. So any City larger than 64,000 people should be able to support a winning NFL organization. The key is WINNING! look at Green Bay. If they WIN, people will support them. I hate the term "Small market" It make no sense.

Agreed. Green Bay is the size of Burlington, Vermont. And Pittsburgh, roughly the same size as Cincinnati, is considered a "large market" because they win and sell more merchandise. The "big market" talk in a league with revenue sharing makes no sense.

We win consistently when it counts, acquire a few bandwagon bitches, and who knows? Cincinnati could be considered a "large market" one day
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. Green Bay is the size of Burlington, Vermont. And Pittsburgh, roughly the same size as Cincinnati, is considered a "large market" because they win and sell more merchandise. The "big market" talk in a league with revenue sharing makes no sense.

We win consistently when it counts, acquire a few bandwagon bitches, and who knows? Cincinnati could be considered a "large market" one day

Exactly
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:40 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: PBS is around 64,000 seats. So any City larger than 64,000 people should be able to support a winning NFL organization. The key is WINNING! look at Green Bay. If they WIN, people will support them. I hate the term "Small market" It make no sense.

Greater metro Cincy area is over 2 million, which is around 28th or so largest in the country. So the market size is there for a pro team.

I think it has been hard to see though with a Mike Brown owned team for the last 27 years or so now. A team with a competent owner that is willing to win and willing to do what it takes to win on a yearly basis, the Cincy market would be ripe for them to reap from. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, that's how it will go, right? Mike runs the team into the ground, the fan base becomes apathetic and stops showing up, then Katie says an empty stadium is reason to move and voila - they're the St. Louis/San Antonio/Oakland/San Diego Bengals.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they leave. No offense to anyone here, but if you're not from the Cincinnati area, I see no reason to punish yourself.

If they're not the "Cincinnati" Bengals, I'll take special joy in picking out a new franchise with an owner who knows his ass from a hole in the ground.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 08:26 PM)Steve Wrote: a war is brewing b/t the county & the Bengals...

look for the Bengals to leave Cincinnati in 2-3 years...??
future cities could be...
San Diego, Oakland, St.Louis...

or ...new contenders such as...
Portland, San Antonio or Sacramento...
all 3 citys are larger than cincy...

the NFL has said they want a NFL team in the UK....so the NFL may want this....
I remember Birmingham Ala, was interested in the Bengals the last time this came up....it's also larger than Cincy...

my personal dark horse is Mexico city....it has the largest population on the North American continent...14 million ppl I think live there....so selling out should be easy...

where ever the move i'll still root for them, but it won't be the same....as we won't get to watch their games.....unless we have direct tv & buy the highly expensive season tix.....I won't do that....
life just won't be the same... Cry
there will of course be a name & uniform change....

If the Bengals leave Cincinnati they will be dead to me and I'll just put my backing 100% behind the Panthers.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, that's how it will go, right?  Mike runs the team into the ground, the fan base becomes apathetic and stops showing up, then Katie says an empty stadium is reason to move and voila - they're the St. Louis/San Antonio/Oakland/San Diego Bengals.

Keep in mind that the Bengals have been in much worse shape than they are now and have managed to stay in Cincinnati.......
Reply/Quote
1) There are many cities that would want an NFL team, but they are not handing out stadium deals like Mikey got.

2) You really think those cities would allow Brown to bring his ineptitude and losing franchise there?

The county may have a good legal brief that argues against the legality of paying private companies sums of collected taxes, but that couple million is a piss drop in the bucket to the Bengals considering the revenues they make.

This team is not going anywhere unless the franchise is sold, as much as I wish they would!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:48 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: 1) There are many cities that would want an NFL team, but they are not handing out stadium deals like Mikey got.

2) You really think those cities would allow Brown to bring his ineptitude and losing franchise there?

The county may have a good legal brief that argues against the legality of paying private companies sums of collected taxes, but that couple million is a piss drop in the bucket to the Bengals considering the revenues they make.

This team is not going anywhere unless the franchise is sold, as much as I wish they would!

THIS FOR SURE!!!  There is no one that would deal with this idiot as owner in a decent city!

Reply/Quote