Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cavs ship sinking; can they stop it.
The ship is sinking but is there anything the Cavs can do to stop it?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Who? Oh, the Cavs? Yeah, they going straight back to rebuild mode..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think they'll be ok... At least for this year. Kyrie should fetch a nice return. The guy can score and all, but for him to want to be a "focal point" somewhere else is funny. The guy couldn't even hold down the fort while LeBron sat for two minutes of game time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Cavs just signed Derrick Rose to a contract. In all honesty I think the Cavs are having a good offseason the only problem I have with it is Kyrie asking for a trade and the constant Lebron to the Lakers talk.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 12:33 AM)J24 Wrote: Cavs just signed Derrick Rose to a contract. In all honesty I think the Cavs are having a good offseason the only problem I have with it is Kyrie asking for a trade and the constant Lebron to the Lakers talk.

I've heard rumblings of an Eric Bledsoe, Josh Jackson, and a pick for Kyrie trade. I'd take that in a heartbeat.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 02:00 PM)jason Wrote: I've heard rumblings of an Eric Bledsoe, Josh Jackson, and a pick for Kyrie trade. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

They have said Jackson isn't on the table but we will see. The deal I keep throwing out to people is Kyrie and Thompson to Miami for Dragic, Winslow, Whiteside. You take a downgrade at PG but get the upgrade at Center and the Winslow kicker.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 09:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: They have said Jackson isn't on the table but we will see. The deal I keep throwing out to people is Kyrie and Thompson to Miami for Dragic, Winslow, Whiteside. You take a downgrade at PG but get the upgrade at Center and the Winslow kicker.

I've heard the same scenario but without Thompson, and Whiteside involved. I just read that the Heat said publicly that they've made no offer.

The funny part is, the Cavs really don't have to trade him. I also think Kyrie has become a lil overated. He can surely score, but the Cavs were sorry and really underachieved before LeBron returned. I don't see how he improves the Heat or the Knicks' fortunes. He would kill it in San Antonio or Minnesota I think.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 04:24 PM)jason Wrote: I've heard the same scenario but without Thompson, and Whiteside involved. I just read that the Heat said publicly that they've made no offer.

The funny part is, the Cavs really don't have to trade him. I also think Kyrie has become a lil overated. He can surely score, but the Cavs were sorry and really underachieved before LeBron returned. I don't see how he improves the Heat or the Knicks' fortunes. He would kill it in San Antonio or Minnesota I think.

If you don't get the Thompson/Whiteside swap it's not worth it. Dragic isn't anything special at 31 years old and Winslow is okay but there are better deals to be had. The other issue is the Heat don't really have any 1sts because of the trade to bring Dragic to Miami, so they are lacking assets to make anything happen. I think the most likely scenario is still Phoenix. I'd take Bledsoe a pick and TJ Warren for Kyrie and a roster dump of Shumpert.
Reply/Quote
So the Cavs got Isiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, some Euro 7 footers, and the Brooklyn Nets' (worst team in the league, until LeBron leaves Cleveland again) 1st round draft pick in 2018... Not a bad return for a small one dimensional scorer. I guess Thomas is a one year rental at this point, and will get eaten alive by Curry and Klay Thompson in the finals, but Crowder can shoot and play D. I'd try and flip that draft pick to New Orleans for DeMarcus Cousins. They'd actually have a shot of winning a championship, and retaining LeBron if they can pull that off.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote