Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
christmas loot
We did good.
My wife and boys got way more than I did, but it was worth it. :)
I got new 53 pc tool set with tool box (didn't need it, but it's nice to get new tools and now I can sort the old one and pass them to someone else) and a nice cordless drill (got it from my dad, guess he wants me to stop borrowing his lol), cologne, some Visa GC's and Bengals gloves, light jacket and Burfict jersey.
Oh yeah, and I brought our 3 airline tickets to the Philippines for our month long vacation in the Spring with the wife's family.

X-mas Eve, Family early dinner followed up by late dinner with Friends, Xmas Day, lunch with family, dinner with another set of friends, then yesterday we went to that lego thing going on at Newport.

And of course, I get to watch the game tonight with minimal interruptions. :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I got a bottle of George Remus, a Lego set and some new New Balances from my wife. As for all other family, we have made an agreement to spend on the children what we would typucLly spend on each other.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I got the gift of giving.

Sounds sappy right? Let me explain,

My wife has recently taken up wood working and wanted a router for Christmas; I went the extra mile and got her the router table too. Also since she is worth it I got her the good (Bosch) stuff. She recently got a Band Saw for our anniversary.

Now she is unhappy with my current mitre saw and wants to upgrade. She also wants a drill press. Valentines Day is right around the corner, maybe I'll spoil her with both.

If she is really good I might be the greatest giving husband ever and build her a workshop in the backyard this Spring; but she'll really owe me.

Not sure how many bits they have for her woodworking, but I build some furniture (or did, I don't have a garage any more). If she doesn't have one, a Dremmel might come in handy. Best tool you never knew you needed. Was great for making odd cuts and free handing stuff. Or just smoothing a rough spot or taking a burr off.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:57 PM)Benton Wrote: Not sure how many bits they have for her woodworking, but I build some furniture (or did, I don't have a garage any more). If she doesn't have one, a Dremmel might come in handy. Best tool you never knew you needed. Was great for making odd cuts and free handing stuff. Or just smoothing a rough spot or taking a burr off.

Dremmel is great, She uses it a lot when working with plywood (can't really route plywood). She has a scroll-saw for the "free-hand" cuts using hard woods. "She" has about 15ish bits. My youngest son bought her a six-piece set for Christmas. We really spoil her. 

We just made a nice piece for our foyer; its purpose is to hold 36 pairs of shoes. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Forgot the best gift i got... (somehow)

[Image: 11163061-3214320245968164.jpg]

Dad knows me too well and i no longer have a vhs player for my vhs
Reply/Quote
Got a new heavy Carhartt jacket for work, a couple of new saws (jigsaw, circular), some new sockets, a Bengals toboggan hat that was actually a kids size and now belongs to my son, a Bengals t-shirt, a bison wool toboggan, new wallet, socks, a mortar and pestle, and the Universal Horror Essential Collection on DVD. Few gift cards, too.

Also got a colonoscopy, and the news that I don't have colon cancer, which seemed somewhat likely over the past month. Got a nice IV shot of Fentanyl and Valium to go with it as well, so yay.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:53 PM)samhain Wrote: Got a new heavy Carhartt jacket for work, a couple of new saws (jigsaw, circular), some new sockets, a Bengals toboggan hat that was actually a kids size and now belongs to my son, a Bengals t-shirt, a bison wool toboggan, new wallet, socks, a mortar and pestle, and the Universal Horror Essential Collection on DVD.  Few gift cards, too.  

Also got a colonoscopy, and the news that I don't have colon cancer, which seemed somewhat likely over the past month.  Got a nice IV shot of Fentanyl and Valium to go with it as well, so yay.

Good to hear on the health front.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:05 AM)Benton Wrote: Good to hear on the health front.

Thanks, Benton.  I have a 3-year-old son, so the prospect was pretty terrifying.  In the end the experience was a gift.  Something needed to happen to encourage me to take better care of myself diet-wise.
Reply/Quote