Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
congratulations to game day posters/Harbaugh v Marvin
I cannot post on game day because of logistical reasons but I can read posts.

I want to give credit to almost every poster on game day who went crazy when Marvin did not accept the holding penalty allowing Tucker to have a shot at a field goal at the end of the first half well within his range.

In contrast. Harbaugh knew that Ravens could hold on last playoff the game, let clock run out, and game would be over.

Could there be a more stark comparison between an NFL coach who is like a deer in the headlights making decisions during a game and another coach who understands and takes advantage of the rules?

Also, can someone please explain to me why, when we in our"two minute drill" it takes us at least 30 second to execute any play? This has been going on for years and years.

Marvin is the dumbest coach in NFL and our team is the least prepared for clutch situations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh has a losing record when coaching against Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Harbaugh has a losing record when coaching against Lewis.

Because of AJ Green.

Anyone with a brain knew that Tucker was going to make the field goal  and that Ravens wold be out of Tucker's range if we had accepted the holding penalty.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:19 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I cannot post on game day because of logistical reasons but I can read posts.

I want to give credit to almost every poster on game day who went crazy when Marvin did not accept the holding penalty allowing Tucker to have a shot at a field goal at the end of the first half well within his range.

In contrast. Harbaugh knew that Ravens could hold on last playoff the game, let clock run out, and game would be over.

Could there be a more stark comparison between an NFL coach who is like a deer in the headlights making decisions during a game and another coach who understands and takes advantage of the rules?

Also, can someone please explain to me why, when we in our"two minute drill" it takes us at least 30 second to execute any play? This has been going on for years and years.

Marvin is the dumbest coach in NFL and our team is the least prepared for clutch situations.

A theme that goes on and on and on. Marvin's situational awareness is about as low as it can get with in game decisions. Time and again he's out coached in big games, hell even little games.

I love Marvin for what he did here in early 00's. But it's crystal clear we're not going any further with him as HC.
Reply/Quote
And here we go with wanting little brother to take over and we can watch the hissy fits after every loss and call it "passion for the game" instead of Harbaugh just getting beat and crying about the refs..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Just when you think there cannot be another approach to a "fire Marvin" thread, we get the game day posters slant that compares two totally unrelated plays.

Thanks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Who decides if we take that penalty or not, is it Marvin? Is nobody else yelling in his ear?

I wish the reporters would ask questions about that (I've stopped watching news conferences this year).

#1) Why do you keep Nugent on your team, again?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: And here we go with wanting little brother to take over and we can watch the hissy fits after every loss and call it "passion for the game" instead of Harbaugh just getting beat and crying about the refs..

I didn't take it as a hire a Hairball thread. More a showing how pathetic Marvin is "in game" coaching. Don't think there are many on board with hiring a whining, hissy fit acting out wanna be HC.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just when you think there cannot be another approach to a "fire Marvin" thread, we get the game day posters slant that compares two totally unrelated plays.

Thanks.

do you just sit around and try to think of ways to be critical of every poster

The two plays were very relevant and connected. Harbough knows the rules and made a game day decision that helped his team.

Marvin is out to lunch on game day decisions.

I sure this will illicit another smart aleck reponse
Reply/Quote
57 yards is not "well within" any kicker's range.

I think most NFL coaches would have done the same thing Marvin did in that situation.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 57 yards is not "well within" any kicker's range.

I think most NFL coaches would have done the same thing Marvin did in that situation.

It is when you're talking about Tucker, or even SeBas.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 57 yards is not "well within" any kicker's range.

He easily made the kick. Anyone who studies Tucker knew he had a better chance of making that kick than Nugent hitting a 45 yard FG.

Let's say you take the penalty and they gain back 10 or 15 yards- you are in the same situation.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Harbaugh has a losing record when coaching against Lewis.

This may be true, however you don't have to be too bright to see who the better coach is.

I don't know about that.  Tucker was 4 for 4 from 50+ this season before yesterday.  I'm sure Marvin already knew that, right?  Rolleyes

He is now 7 for 7 this year, but hey, who's counting?  Some kickers are actually good at their jobs.  It's a shame that ours is not.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 06:19 PM)bengals67 Wrote: He easily made the kick. Anyone who studies Tucker knew he had a better chance of making that kick than Nugent hitting a 45 yard FG.

Let's say you take the penalty and they gain back 10 or 15 yards- you are in the same situation.

And they also could have gotten a first down by actually gaining what they needed or from a PI or defensive holding call, and went on to score a TD. While i don't like Marvin and want him gone as much as the next guy he made the correct call there.
Reply/Quote

I think most coaches would want to do the opposite of anything Lewis does.  My 8 year old son literally called out one or two coaching "mistakes" by Lewis without any prompting from me.  That is just sad.

The simple fact is that as long as MB, Katie and Troy continue to run the Bengals org as they do now, the Bengals will never win anything.  There is 26 years of proof to that statement.
Reply/Quote

(11-28-2016, 05:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: It is when you're talking about Tucker, or even SeBas.

(11-28-2016, 06:19 PM)bengals67 Wrote:  Anyone who studies Tucker knew he had a better chance of making that kick than Nugent hitting a 45 yard FG.

(11-28-2016, 06:31 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I don't know about that.  Tucker was 4 for 4 from 50+ this season before yesterday.  I'm sure Marvin already knew that, right?  Rolleyes

He is now 7 for 7 this year, but hey, who's counting?  Some kickers are actually good at their jobs.  It's a shame that ours is not.

Tucker had only made ONE kick in his entire career of at least 57 yards, and that one was in a dome on astroturf.

Tucker was 4-4 from 50+ this year, but he had not attempted anything longer than 54 yards, and he was below 50% each of the last two years from 50+.

Again, I say most other coaches in the league do exactly what Marvin did in that situation.  Also remember that if Tucker misses the Bengals get the ball almost at midfield (Cin 47), but if they accept the penalty and force a punt they could be pinned inside their 20 with little time left.
Reply/Quote

1. Has a winning record against a division rival
2. Has a SB ring and multiple playoff wins

Which coach would you prefer?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tucker had only made ONE kick in his entire career of at least 57 yards, and that one was in a dome on astroturf.

Tucker was 4-4 from 50+ this year, but he had not attempted anything longer than 54 yards, and he was below 50% each of the last two years from 50+.

Again, I say most other coaches in the league do exactly what Marvin did in that situation.  Also remember that if Tucker misses the Bengals get the ball almost at midfield (Cin 47), but if they accept the penalty and force a punt they could be pinned inside their 20 with little time left.

It's a bit silly to pick and choose your stats.  For example, you say he was below 50% in 2014 & 2015.  Now I'm going to say he is 17 for 18 in years 2012, 2013 & 2016 (so far).  See what I mean?  I'm pretty much just bullshitting you by saying makes 94.44% of his kicks from 50+.

With Tucker having career long of 61 yards, if you're Marvin and the team is already losing, why give them a good shot to get even more?  For christ's sake, he just made one from 52 yards that easily cleared the crossbar.  Now, if Nugent was kicking for the Ravens, I could see your philosophy here.  This wasn't the only gaffe by Marvin in this game and I don't think I'm alone in my opinion as it has been widely shared in the press this week.  You can bet even some of the players groaned when Marv let him kick the FG as I'm sure they saw Tucker in warmups and realized all to well what he could do.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote