Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deadpool
(02-15-2016, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know if she has seen any R-rated movies, but she has been exposed to a lot on the internet.  She spends a lot of time on TUMBLR.  She is very intelligent, and we have some very adult conversations.  She has skipped one grade in school and is still one of the smartest in her class.  But she is still just a 12 year old girl.

One of her best friends has a sister who is a couple of years older, so I am sure she has learned a lot from her.  I know that when I was young I learned a lot from talking with my best friends older brother.

The only thing I am really strict about is anything that will give her nightmares.

Well, IDK what to tell you. There is a lot of sexual jokes and TONS of masturbation jokes. Other than that, the swearing is stuff like "Muffin titty **** sprinkles" and the gore isn't anything to give her nightmares...

You should prob watch it yourself first and then decide.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know if she has seen any R-rated movies, but she has been exposed to a lot on the internet.  She spends a lot of time on TUMBLR.  She is very intelligent, and we have some very adult conversations.  She has skipped one grade in school and is still one of the smartest in her class.  But she is still just a 12 year old girl.

One of her best friends has a sister who is a couple of years older, so I am sure she has learned a lot from her.  I know that when I was young I learned a lot from talking with my best friends older brother.

The only thing I am really strict about is anything that will give her nightmares.

No nightmare stuff that I can think of.  Just a lot of language and graphic sexual talk.  As for the violence, it is graphic.  Parts of heads blown off by bullets. 

As for the movie, I enjoyed it.  I am not a superhero guy, but it was fun and funny, and i had a nerd with me who could explain all the inside jokes like "No green or animated costumes".  Then we had to sit through all of the credits so we could see Deadpool meets Ferris Bueller for 30 seconds.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So when Cinema Sins does "Everything wrong with Deadpool" it will be a record and shortest video ever. It will probably open, "Everything wrong with Deadpool in 5 seconds or less", then go on to say... Nope nothing wrong with it. Enjoy the best movie ever made.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 01:31 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: So when Cinema Sins does "Everything wrong with Deadpool" it will be a record and shortest video ever. It will probably open, "Everything wrong with Deadpool in 5 seconds or less", then go on to say... Nope nothing wrong with it. Enjoy the best movie ever made.

apparently broke starwars opening weekend records in russia....

Very nice.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 03:56 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Just saw it. I probably wouldn't let a 12 year old see it.

It was good. not the earth shattering movie it was made out to be but still good and entertaining.

Yeah, no way would I have let either of my girls see it at that age. Too much objectionable material for someone not yet even a teen.

I enjoyed it, though. Calling it the greatest movie ever is laughable. It's not even the best movie I've seen in 2016. But, yeah, it was entertaining.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote