Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
depth chart
this is based on the 4/3 defense not the nickel which obviously includes Lawson

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I remember when Hart was signed and so many were saying "camp body" while I said he had a serious shot at starting. Not sure it's a good thing, but he can't possibly be worse than Ogbuehi. The progression of Bates and Billings should be interesting to watch on defense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
...why is Lawson listed as 3rd RDE rather than 2nd LDE?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 01:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ...why is Lawson listed as 3rd RDE rather than 2nd LDE?

I wouldn't worry about Lawson.... 
I guarantee he will be PRESENT on game day...

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 01:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ...why is Lawson listed as 3rd RDE rather than 2nd LDE?

Because you won't see him in base formation which this is the depth chart for. He is for all intensive purposes a starter in the nickle though.
Reply/Quote

They're trying to trick the competition. "Who is this Lawson guy?! We never saw him on the depth chart!!!"
Reply/Quote
Looking at this depth chart, who gets released when Burfict returns? Nickerson or Phillips would be my guess. Maybe a WR or TE.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love the fact Redmond is starting over Hopkins at RG........Im sure we will see some growing pains but at the end of the day either he or Westerman are our best options at that position.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 02:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Looking at this depth chart, who gets released when Burfict returns?  Nickerson or Phillips would be my guess.  Maybe a WR or TE.

we can cross that bridge in 4 weeks...it will depend on performance, need, and injuries

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Based on preseason games, what did the coaches see in Tupou? I saw nothing really that stood out to me...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 03:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Based on preseason games, what did the coaches see in Tupou? I saw nothing really that stood out to me...

He made some decent stuffs against backups, but seemed inconsistent.   We needed a backup nose tackle.  He was it.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 02:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Looking at this depth chart, who gets released when Burfict returns?  Nickerson or Phillips would be my guess.  Maybe a WR or TE.

Injuries may work that out by week 5

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 02:59 PM)corpjet Wrote: Love the fact Redmond is starting over Hopkins at RG........Im sure we will see some growing pains but at the end of the day either he or Westerman are our best options at that position.

The first play of the Colts game on offensive will be Redmond offsides, I’m calling it now lol. But in all seriousness he needs to eliminate the penalties hopefully he plays good.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 01:06 PM)pally Wrote: this is based on the 4/3 defense not the nickel which obviously includes Lawson

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gotta give props to Mason Schreck for making the 53. Talk about about a long shot eventually making it. Hopefully he can continue to improve over the next couple of years. 

On a separate, less positive note, this is the third year in a row Burfict has started the year suspended. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 01:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember when Hart was signed and so many were saying "camp body" while I said he had a serious shot at starting. Not sure it's a good thing, but he can't possibly be worse than Ogbuehi. The progression of Bates and Billings should be interesting to watch on defense.

My friends who are Giants fans are utterly shocked that he is starting. They said if he is "average" this year, then Pollack should be coach of the year. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 01:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember when Hart was signed and so many were saying "camp body" while I said he had a serious shot at starting. Not sure it's a good thing, but he can't possibly be worse than Ogbuehi. The progression of Bates and Billings should be interesting to watch on defense.

Maybe Gruden wants him in Oakland to make his decision to draft Kolton Miller seem rational. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 02:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Because you won't see him in base formation which this is the depth chart for. He is for all intensive purposes a starter in the nickle though.

*intents and purposes

Sorry to go all grammar police on you Au (you’re actually one of the most knowledgeable football guys on here, imo), but people saying it wrong is a pet peeve of mine.

Reply/Quote
I think our only unit that is below average even at full strength is our offensive line. In fact, our right side might be the weakest in the NFL. I sure hope these guys don't let the entire team down.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:57 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I think our only unit that is below average even at full strength is our offensive line. In fact, our right side might be the weakest in the NFL. I sure hope these guys don't let the entire team down.

LB is still a question as well, but I feel much better about this group than I did 4 weeks ago.

Reply/Quote

They went with the best run blockers on the right side.  Redmond is very stout at the point of attack.  Ditto Hart.  They are just going to have to step up their pass protection, especially Hart.  At least Dalton will be able to see it coming and it will be a lot different from last year when he had it on his blind side, his front, AND the right side.  I actually think Hart will be ok in pass protection.  

What I am most excited about with this group (and save the preseason yardage stats) is that I believe 3rd and 2 will no longer be a pass play.  They will be able to push the right side of the line, and pull Boling.  The pulling plays rarely worked in the past as Boling would have to get by Bodine before he came flying backwards in to his path.  No longer with Price.

That's why I predicted that as the first offensive play of the game (from scrimmage, in the Colts game, this year...you turds.  You know who you are  Hilarious)
Reply/Quote