Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
depth chart
The thing about any of the depth spots on this team is that we have no idea what they will provide at all. There wasn't any preseason games to see what they looked like at full speed. Have to just trust the coaching staff on who they picked and hope we stay kinda healthy.

One thing about the CB depth that people are forgetting is the depth at safety. Brandon Wilson is fast and looked like he could cover last year and we know about Bell and Bates, if one the CB's go down, does it mean that McTyer, Sims or Brown gets more snaps, or does it mean Wilson and Williams come in and get more snaps? CB may be a little unknown after the first 3, but you have 4 really good safeties and 2 of them could be hybrid type CBs.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 08:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Solid enough for a 6th CB.

As a starter? Hell no. As depth? Sure.

Kirkpatrick made 6 starts, Dennard made 5. Ideally Webb would have made 0.

- - - - - -

Just don't like that a paid of undrafted CBs (Brown, McTyer) and a guy coming off a 49.5 PFF grade (Sims; if you were wondering, Webb had a 55.7 last year) are the only choices if there's an injury (or if they need to put 4 CBs on the field at once).

I know they were counting on Trae Waynes to be there so some of these guys would be pushed back a slot in importance, but that happened like 5 weeks before the season even started so there's not a ton of reason to not make a move to try to fix it with plenty of time to spare. (DJ Hayden is on his contract year for the Jags, and they seem to be desperate to sell their entire team on the cheap.)

Alright, well I getcha there for sure. I highly doubt we don't go and grab a Corner sometime soon anyway.

We have first dibs and there is some talented Corners out there. 

We can definitely do better than McTyer unless he improves immensely.
Reply/Quote
It’s not a bad roster for a 2-14 team one season ago. We lack depth, but I think that’s to be expected at this point in the roster turnover, especially with the injury to Waynes.

If the Oline is even average, watch out, this offense has high powered potential.
Reply/Quote
It’s not the depth at any one position that worries me, it’s the starting right side of the OL.

We’ll see...

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 09:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not the depth at any one position that worries me, it’s the starting right side of the OL.

We’ll see...

True that, Hart and XSF....

We will see if they keep improving. Hopefully at a rapid pace.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that, Hart and XSF....

We will see if they keep improving. Hopefully at a rapid pace.

I haven’t really heard anything about XSF out of camp, which is kind of concerning. They pretty much talk everyone up if they look even halfway decent.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I haven’t really heard anything about XSF out of camp, which is kind of concerning. They pretty much talk everyone up if they look even halfway decent.

I saw him in the Training Camp Report and he looked pretty good, but that is all I got.

Looks like a mauler and man, the way he took out that Eagles DT that is one of the best was sweet. Fletcher Cox.

Being a 33rd overall pick we might have gotten a good player, like we said, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I haven’t really heard anything about XSF out of camp, which is kind of concerning. They pretty much talk everyone up if they look even halfway decent.

Lapham is the biggest homer out there and talks up everybody, and was actually saying he hasn't looked great so far. That has me concerned. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 11:03 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Lapham is the biggest homer out there and talks up everybody, and was actually saying he hasn't looked great so far. That has me concerned. 

That also tells you.how pathetic Redmond was and how porous
Price was trying to.transition to.OG. Neither could unseat XSF.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As it should be...

My thoughts as well
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:12 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Well, I doubt Calhoun is going in if XSF goes down. Probably not even Adeniji. I'm sure it would be either Fred or Price, but they gotta put everybody on there. 

Who knows about WR, but I would guess Tate before Higgins. Higgins will just get salted in here and there. 

It will depend on who is coming out, likely. At least, sometimes.

If Boyd is coming out, I have to think Erickson replaces him most of the time in the slot.

Ross/Green is more murky. But I'd want someone who can threaten deep out there if we have 3. So I doubt BOTH those guys come out at the same time much. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 09:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not the depth at any one position that worries me, it’s the starting right side of the OL.

We’ll see...

Could be worse have you looked at the Browns OLINE... i think worse than ours
Reply/Quote