Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
did the state overcharge?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/us/baltimore-goodson-verdict-freddie-gray/index.html
People suck
(06-23-2016, 12:31 PM)Griever Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/us/baltimore-goodson-verdict-freddie-gray/index.html

Based on my expertise as an avid Law & Order watcher, I don't think they overcharged. They included lesser charges, right? If the choice was simply between murder 2nd degree and not guilty, then, yeah, that's an overcharge. But, according to the article, there were lesser charges also brought to him so it would suggest to me that the jury simply found him not guilty otherwise, they would've probably found him guilty of SOMEthing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-23-2016, 12:31 PM)Griever Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/us/baltimore-goodson-verdict-freddie-gray/index.html

Don't know, but I do know that a man died in custody and apparently no one was guilty of what they were charged with.

So...carry on.  Nothing to see here.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This is what I have been saying to my friends. Like Zimmerman, they overcharged.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Three of the six officers on trial found not guilty are black. Caeser Goodson who the prosecution said was "one of the worst protagonists" in Gray's death is black. The Judge Barry Williams is black. Yet protesters have signs and shirts that say Black Lives Matter? I dont get it, unless they are referring to possible racism within the same race.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-23-2016, 02:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Three of the six officers on trial found not guilty are black. Caeser Goodson who the prosecution said was "one of the worst protagonists" in Gray's death is black. The Judge Barry Williams is black. Yet protesters have signs and shirts that say Black Lives Matter? I dont get it, unless they are referring to possible racism within the same race.

well the first guy was a mistrial and he goes back on trial in september
People suck

I believe I told all of you the day the charges were announced that they were all a huge overcharge and that it was highly likely no convictions would result from them.  Mosby let the press and public make what should have been a professional decision.  She's paying the price for her lack of professional ethics and the states attorney's office is going to lose money as a result of it. 
(06-23-2016, 02:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Three of the six officers on trial found not guilty are black. Caeser Goodson who the prosecution said was "one of the worst protagonists" in Gray's death is black. The Judge Barry Williams is black. Yet protesters have signs and shirts that say Black Lives Matter? I dont get it, unless they are referring to possible racism within the same race.

BLM is also focused on police brutality, or "perceived" police brutality toward minorities.  I don't think they care who is doing it, just who the "victim" is.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-23-2016, 02:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe I told all of you the day the charges were announced that they were all a huge overcharge and that it was highly likely no convictions would result from them.  Mosby let the press and public make what should have been a professional decision.  She's paying the price for her lack of professional ethics and the states attorney's office is going to lose money as a result of it. 

yup

and she'll probably be gone in 2 years anyways
People suck
(06-23-2016, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: BLM is also focused on police brutality, or "perceived" police brutality toward minorities.  I don't think they care who is doing it, just who the "victim" is.

Oh I know, but I couldnt pass on the irony of it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Well, somebody involved in the events just got 15 years:
http://bluelivesmatter.blue/baltimore-riot-arsonist-guilty-15-years/

Quote:The ATF released images of the now identified, Donta Betts, 20, who was pictured squirting lighter fluid on propane tanks during the April 2015 Baltimore riots. Betts plead guilty to creating a destructive device near the intersection of Pennsylvania and North avenue and has now been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-23-2016, 02:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe I told all of you the day the charges were announced that they were all a huge overcharge and that it was highly likely no convictions would result from them.  Mosby let the press and public make what should have been a professional decision.  She's paying the price for her lack of professional ethics and the states attorney's office is going to lose money as a result of it. 

But sometimes I look at something like this and wonder if she wasn't ordered to overcharge from above.  "Everyone" knows they are guilty, criminally anyway, but you HAVE to have a trial so people get "justice".  

And it's not fair, and I don't agree with it, but grossly overcharging them is a win-win (except to the taxpayer).  Because you can't put them on trial with charges that might actually stick if you don't think they are guilty.

In another high profile case (forget which one), the DA seemed to deliberately tank the grand jury indictment.  But, hey, they sought an indictment so "justice" served.
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-23-2016, 01:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is what I have been saying to my friends. Like Zimmerman, they overcharged.

When a special prosecutor is brought in to take a high profile case, it puts pressure on the prosecutor to being the highest charges they can. But they also want to get a conviction so they play tge numbers game and throw on a bunch of lesser charges as well. It would seemingly be much harder to bring a focused, detailed case this way, but doing it this way is literally the way job tge prosecutor was brought in to do.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-25-2016, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, somebody involved in the events just got 15 years:
http://bluelivesmatter.blue/baltimore-riot-arsonist-guilty-15-years/

Play stupid games you win stupid prizes.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]