Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
didnt make enough plays to get over the hump
(12-11-2016, 02:36 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Ug, the sooner he's gone the better. It's not the new players who are the problems.

The decisions have been horrible. Let's look at them:

1. Og is an epic fail at RT, so we keep trotting him out there anyways. Presumably because the team spent a 1st round pick on him, which is not a valid reason at all. He finally gets benched after the team's season is all but done and suddenly Dalton has time to find 2nd and 3rd receivers in his progressions.

2. Made Hall wait and wait for an offer, then low ball him. He leaves. Nelson signed a 2 year $10M deal with Oakland. We sure could have kept him at that price.

3. Marv kept Nugent around even though he's clearly two year past retirement.

4. Cody Core has the speed and could have been used, even if sparingly earlier in the season to stretch defenses, route running issues matter less when a guy is screaming down toward the end zone. Gotta cover him even if he's off the mark by 5 yards. Of course, with Og and Bodine on our OL Dalton wasn't getting enough time to wing it deep, so we sort of set our selves up for a weak downfield attack from two sides, no speedster and weak blocking.

This team could have 4 more wins simply by having an average RT and a new kicker. Both could have been filled cheaply.

And now he wants Og on the left side? Og played both left and right tackle in college. If he sucks at the NFL level at RT why should we believe he'll be any better on the left side? We shouldn't and I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes. What Paul Alexander says makes me believe the opposite must be true.

For Marv to say that we need to run better when he trots this OL out there every week he's sort of pleading guilty to being a moron. Jim Brown would have had a hard time running behind this line.
For one, while og has been bad at rt, when ur first starting out comfort level is a big deal and he says his left hand is really weak so he's a lot more comfortable at lt. Secondly if we had given hall a guy who was only playing 30 percent bc of back issues after 2 Achilles tear and nelson a new contract, then we couldn't have extended Hewitt,gio,Williams,etc. I agree with Cody core would rather him have been on field sparingly than James Wright. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 02:36 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Ug, the sooner he's gone the better. It's not the new players who are the problems.

1. Og is an epic fail at RT, so we keep trotting him out there anyways. Presumably because the team spent a 1st round pick on him, which is not a valid reason at all. He finally gets benched after the team's season is all but done and suddenly Dalton has time to find 2nd and 3rd receivers in his progressions.

2. Made Hall wait and wait for an offer, then low ball him. He leaves. Nelson signed a 2 year $10M deal with Oakland. We sure could have kept him at that price.

4. Cody Core has the speed and could have been used, even if sparingly earlier in the season to stretch defenses, route running issues matter less when a guy is screaming down toward the end zone. Gotta cover him even if he's off the mark by 5 yards. Of course, with Og and Bodine on our OL Dalton wasn't getting enough time to wing it deep, so we sort of set our selves up for a weak downfield attack from two sides, no speedster and weak blocking.

This team could have 4 more wins simply by having an average RT and a new kicker. Both could have been filled cheaply.

And now he wants Og on the left side? Og played both left and right tackle in college. If he sucks at the NFL level at RT why should we believe he'll be any better on the left side? We shouldn't and I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes. What Paul Alexander says makes me believe the opposite must be true.

For Marv to say that we need to run better when he trots this OL out there every week he's sort of pleading guilty to being a moron. Jim Brown would have had a hard time running behind this line.

Ty for having sense, some people won't see anything wrong with what he said.  They are blind I could say a lot worse but that would get me kicked off here.  The depressing thing is not only his incompetence as a coach (I think he went nuts and senile). I didnt really believe in free agency they was cheap for whatever reason. But him saying I laugh at free agents who want to come here because we are Superbowl contenders.stephen a Smith says players told him he tries to talk guys down on their pay and points to his contract That just blows my mind. It's horrible how they treat free agency horrible.  There won't be nothing new next free agency either, same crap. Rookies wont hardly play over the old vets, and no accountability. I'm about done with this team. Reading what he says actually made me sad and almost make me tear up. I'm a hardcore fan and follower to this poorly ran team.it's time to re evaluate life
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 10:08 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So let me get this straight...

Marvin calls out Dunlap for not being a beast on every snap.

Yet has the rest of the D line who virtually seems non-existent this season, including our beloved Mr. Atkins.

I understand that Carlos set the bar high for wanting the sack record... but...

Don't you dare criticize Mr. Atkins on thisforum! You'll barely survive.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 03:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: For one, while og has been bad at rt, when ur first starting out comfort level is a big deal and he says his left hand is really weak so he's a lot more comfortable at lt. Secondly if we had given hall a guy who was only playing 30 percent bc of back issues after 2 Achilles tear and nelson a new contract, then we couldn't have extended Hewitt,gio,Williams,etc. I agree with Cody core would rather him have been on field sparingly than James Wright. 

I don't understand the weak left hand thing at all. He played more RT in college than LT. And aren't there exercises to strengthen a hand? Yes. there are! So I don't buy any of it. It sounds so lame.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 08:55 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't understand the weak left hand thing at all. He played more RT in college than LT. And aren't there exercises to strengthen a hand? Yes. there are! So I don't buy any of it. It sounds so lame.

when u play rt u use ur left  a lot more to  grip ur man. But we shall see bc he will play about 20 percent of snaps at Lt between now and end of season 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:19 AM)Jpoore Wrote: when u play rt u use ur left  a lot more to  grip ur man. But we shall see bc he will play about 20 percent of snaps at Lt between now and end of season 

Still, aren't there exercises to strengthen a hand?

It makes no sense that this would be the excuse.

Reply/Quote
he sux, why do we focus on him, fire him.

the title of this thread is marvin lewis, didn't make enough plays. how is this guy HC. he must have said that 10000 times
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
How many times have you heard Marvin stand up at a post game presser and say "this one's on me" ? Does he ever say "we made some bad decisions, had a bad game plan ?

Occasionally he'll throw in a tiny little tidbit about coaching, but rarely does he place the blame on himself.

He doesn't have to be responsible and he knows it ! There's no accountability on this team from top to bottom. And at the end of the day that's the real problem.
Reply/Quote
We just need a better motivational poster about making lemonade when your team is a lemon.. Stop paying players and go into the motivational poster business and we'll all be happy..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Agree with all this ..
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:46 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Still, aren't there exercises to strengthen a hand?

Real men don't need to ask this question. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:46 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Still, aren't there exercises to strengthen a hand?

It makes no sense that this would be the excuse.

There are. this I don't understand. Some people just aren't meant to play rt.  guess time will tell, but having Whit as a mentor will be the best for him. 
Reply/Quote

(12-11-2016, 02:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Real men don't need to ask this question. Ninja

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mab43a04c0995d07d6d85e4af8d4fc...=308&h=126]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote